• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Threats Against Law Enforcement

F1fan

Veteran Member
I suspect these online threats are a way of testing the waters. If these MAGA "patriots" were serious about their duty to Trump they would just attack. Even though many of the MAGAs out there are off their rocker I'm sure they understand that jail sucks, and death is worse, and they are better off behaving themselves as described by law and social norms. What an awful way to live. These folks must feel powerless and frustrated as hell.

They are not in actual prison but they live a mental prison. That's bad luck.

Audie

Veteran Member
Pennsylvania man charged with threatening to kill FBI personnel

A man was arrested for making threats against the FBI on the right-wing social media platform Gab. Threatening civil war, and to kill anyone who works for or at the FBI.

Things are heating up it seems.

Beginning?

It's been going up for years.

As for who is heating up mostest-
Left wing ots and terroristic attacks have gone from a total of 23 perce t in 2020 to 40 percent in 2022.

Pushed to Extremes: Domestic Terrorism amid Polarization and Protest

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
One person doesn't qualify as the whole MAGA cult
"heating up". It might happen...but this is merely a
fly on an elephant's behind.

This is the second incident in the last 5 days or so. Considering the standoff with FBI in I think Cincinnati.

And I am projecting that it will get worse.

Edit: Although I do hope I am wrong.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is the second incident in the last 5 days or so. Considering the standoff with FBI in I think Cincinnati.

And I am projecting that it will get worse.

Edit: Although I do hope I am wrong.
It might get worse.
Here's hoping that only a few unstable folk
will be the problem...as they always are.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

A man was arrested for making threats against the FBI on the right-wing social media platform Gab. Threatening civil war, and to kill anyone who works for or at the FBI.

Things are heating up it seems
They are heating up. Can't deny that
"Of the 30 fatalities in 2021, 28 resulted from far-right terrorist attacks."

- Pushed to Extremes: Domestic Terrorism amid Polarization and Protest

I wouldn't agree with the figures. This is what I found:

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 3.36.15 PM.png

It would appear that the #1 is "unknown - nobody in particular did it"

Following that, Secular/political/anarchist. (Left or Right - doesn't say on "political" But apparently secular people are more on the "uh oh" list.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

View attachment 65495

Following that, Secular/political/anarchist. (Left or Right - doesn't say on "political" But apparently secular people are more on the "uh oh" list.

Where did you find that spreadsheet?

Was it from @Secret Chief 's link?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

View attachment 65495

This is what I'm finding.

https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/s894/BILLS-116s894is.xml

""(1) White supremacists and other far-right-wing extremists are the most significant domestic terrorism threat facing the United States.

(2) On February 22, 2019, a Trump Administration United States Department of Justice official wrote in a New York Times op-ed that “white supremacy and far-right extremism are among the greatest domestic-security threats facing the United States. Regrettably, over the past 25 years, law enforcement, at both the Federal and State levels, has been slow to respond. … Killings committed by individuals and groups associated with far-right extremist groups have risen significantly.”.

(3) An April 2017 Government Accountability Office report on the significant, lethal threat posed by domestic violent extremists explained that “since September 12, 2001, the number of fatalities caused by domestic violent extremists has ranged from 1 to 49 in a given year.” The report noted: “[F]atalities resulting from attacks by far right wing violent extremists have exceeded those caused by radical Islamist violent extremists in 10 of the 15 years, and were the same in 3 of the years since September 12, 2001. Of the 85 violent extremist incidents that resulted in death since September 12, 2001, far right wing violent extremist groups were responsible for 62 (73 percent) while radical Islamist violent extremists were responsible for 23 (27 percent).”.""

Edit. There is also this:
The Escalating Terrorism Problem in the United States

"ATTACKS AND PLOTS
Between 1994 and 2020, there were 893 terrorist attacks and plots in the United States. Overall, right-wing terrorists perpetrated the majority—57 percent—of all attacks and plots during this period, compared to 25 percent committed by left-wing terrorists, 15 percent by religious terrorists, 3 percent by ethnonationalists, and 0.7 percent by terrorists with other motives."

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
So sorry... I thought I had added the site:
Left-wing v. right-wing violence

I'm a little wary on trusting someone's personal blog as a reputable source, but I appreciate the link nonetheless.

Edit: and the author isn't even American...

"This may be the oldest extant political blog in Ireland. I started a website in 1994. I started putting politics/religion material onto it in late 1994 or early 1995. I had politics/religion material here by 10 Jan 1995. As at 1999 my politics/religion site was here. Let me know if you know of a political blog in Ireland which is older."

Kenny

Premium Member
I'm a little wary on trusting someone's personal blog as a reputable source, but I appreciate the link nonetheless.

"This may be the oldest extant political blog in Ireland. I started a website in 1994. I started putting politics/religion material onto it in late 1994 or early 1995. I had politics/religion material here by 10 Jan 1995. As at 1999 my politics/religion site was here. Let me know if you know of a political blog in Ireland which is older."
The information is definitely old "2005" - 17 years ago.

I hadn't really delved deep into this subject. Someone from another country may be a benefit as the author wouldn't have a skin in the game (so to speak)

Let me see if I can find a more recent one.

Kenny

Premium Member

I find that it can go all over the spectrum which makes me wonder what figures people are using, what are the parameters, is there bias et al. I wouldn't know if this one is true:

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 4.41.27 PM.png

Study: left wing attacks far outpace right wing attacks in the United States

who apparently got the figures from:

https://assets.morningconsult.com/w.../2005131_crosstabs_POLICE_Adults_FINAL_LM.pdf

EDIT:

Regardless of who is doing more, if it is the other way around... it is still dangerous no matter who the perpetrator is.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I find that it can go all over the spectrum which makes me wonder what figures people are using, what are the parameters, is there bias et al. I wouldn't know if this one is true:

View attachment 65499
Study: left wing attacks far outpace right wing attacks in the United States

who apparently got the figures from:

https://assets.morningconsult.com/w.../2005131_crosstabs_POLICE_Adults_FINAL_LM.pdf

EDIT:

Regardless of who is doing more, if it is the other way around... it is still dangerous no matter who the perpetrator is.

This is why I tried to refer to the governments assessment of threat, including FBIs analysis. I trust them over an individual researcher.

Truth in love

Things are heating up it seems.

This is not good.

How shall we respond?

Pay to elect people who won't hold anyone killing FBI agents in jail?

Raise funds to post bail for anyone taking part in violence?

Pretend that violence actions against the innocent are a proper form of protest?

So many examples we could follow...