• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More than you probably want to know... :D

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I guess I should introduce myself...

I am the owner of www.ScubaBoard.com, www.ScoutBoard.com, www.FixitBoard.com and www.Mommies2Mommies.com. I also own and play with a few non-commercial boards (see sig). Only my first board is economically viable at the moment being the LARGEST Scuba Diving Web Sight or Forum on the Internet (35,000+ members, 4,500,000+ hits per month). :D On top of all the web forums design and hosting, I am an independant Network consultant, owning NetDoc Inc. (www.NetDocInc.com). Before that I was in the Automotive field and was a certified Master Auto Technician with the ASE.

I am an avid Scuba Diver and Instructor who is now finishing up my Cave Diving certification. I love to collect fossils either on or below the surface.

I am an active Scout Leader, being the Skipper for Sea Scout Ship #7 out of Altamonte Springs, Fl (Orlando area). You can vist the crew at www.ScubaDucks.com if you want to see some kids having fun. I do a lot of training for the Council and District... you can see our recent Powder Horn at www.PowderHornBSA.com. I have been asked to lead the media focus for the Fishing Outpost at the National Jamboree this year and am looking forward to that! The main site will be www.scOutFishing.com ONCE I get it up (don't go there yet).

A Unitarian Universalist through my youth, I was converted to Christianty at the University of Florida through the ministry of Crossroads Church of Christ. Somehow, I always seem to be the one with the "odd" ideas about my faith and this has caused me grow as well as develop a thick skin. I am continually revising my beliefs and appreciate it when someone can show me a better way.

Oh yeah, I apologise for any puns that may come your way. It's a disease. ;)

Reactions: Pah

Rex

Founder
NetDoc glad to see you here, and other places as well. hehe.. Your a busy man!

Scuba Pete

Volunteerism. I have approximately 45 general moderators, 8 medical moderators and a dozen or so greeters that help run www.ScubaBoard.com. I can be missed for upto a week without much ado. All of these are volunteers. I dive about twice a week (4-5 dives total).

robtex

Veteran Member
Hey that is one of the best intros I read. Two things stuck out for me.

1) You forgot to list your first name which really cracked me up since it was so detailed
2) You went from UU to Christian. I have seen a whole bunch go the other way but I gotta say you are the first to in your direction that I have met. I am guessing that means you decided that Jesus was the man. Would love to hear about that personal journey of yours sometime.

The scuba things sounds neat. It is nice to meet someone who has a passion in life. I feel that is so important. I loved reading about yours.

Scuba Pete

Tanks alot!

1) My first name is in my Sig line. :D

2) I always seem to be swimming against the current. ;) Jesus IS the man!

I agree about having a passion in life.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
robtex said:
Hey You went from UU to Christian. I have seen a whole bunch go the other way but I gotta say you are the first to in your direction that I have met.
I second that.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

martha

So glad you are on board, although I don't know when you will have time to stop by. Your life sounds very interesting.
Blessings to you beloved. I also think Jesus is The Man, I am a Catholic Cristian with some reservations about the Catholic teachings sometimes.
Welcome and enjoy.

Joyfully in Jesus,
Martha

Scuba Pete

Chuck and all,

thanks for the lovely welcome.

As for time, I will probably get to spend more time here (and on my boards) than most. I make my living off of the Internet so I get to play.

As for debate... that is largely NOT my style. I opt for more a free exchange of ideas rather than a win or loss. My faith and ideas are continually evolving as I try to be an "Honest Seeker". That doesn't mean that I am not opinionated, nor does it mean that I am not stubborn. It does mean that I do try to re-evaluate my stance on pretty near everything as I come on it. Usually this means seeing an angle that I have never seen before as opposed to "flip-flopping", but it makes me appreciate those who can and are willing to change their minds.

Ceridwen018

Hiya Pete! We've talked a lot, but I just realized I haven't said hi! Glad to have you aboard, and I, like veryone else I'm sure, expect to read many a diving adventure in your journal!

Watcher

The Gunslinger
Hey Pete!!! I am also a scuba diver! I am only an Advanced Open Water though, are you certified with PADI? Night diving is my personal favorite way to do it. I go as often as I can, which sadly, isn't quite as much as I would like to. I spend most of my time avidly day-dreaming about my last scuba trip, or talking on this forum.....*Snaps back to reality...* Anyways, it's good to have you on the forum!:woohoo:

The Watcher

Scuba Pete

Hola!

Ceridwen... your insight is amazing.

Watcher, come over and play on www.ScubaBoard.com for that prolonged surface interval. It's a bit bigger and rougher crowd, but be sure you say "hey" if you make it over there! :D I average 200+ dives a year. Sometimes less, sometimes a lot more. :D