• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

more than one church?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
(This is in the Christianity DIR)

Question: Does anyone here attend more than one church?

I sometimes go to a contemporary-style "happy-clappy" church, as well as to a much more traditional protestant church

Also, I sometimes attend mass at a Catholic church too, but don't take part in communion as I'm not catholic, but they have always made me feel very welcome

I'm not going to any church at the moment though, due to the virus

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I used to teach a comparative religions course, so I visited churches in most of the major denominations, and usually felt at "home" The only ones I had difficulty with were those who took the my-way-or-the-highway approach, which even the Catholic church took decades ago.

BTW, I am a Catholic, largely on the lunatic left-wing fringe. :cool:

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
I used to attend Calvary Chapel and Pentecostal at the same time. Prior to that, I attended LDS and then went full-blown Flying Spaghetti Monster for a few years. Now catholic and haven't looked back.

metis

Now catholic and haven't looked back.
Glad ya did, and ditto with me as I had left the Church for 20 years. Because of a nearly three year stint with "premonitions" (long story), I believe the HS grabbed me by the ear and basically said "This way, buddy!".

Quiddity

Glad ya did, and ditto with me as I had left the Church for 20 years. Because of a nearly three year stint with "premonitions" (long story), I believe the HS grabbed me by the ear and basically said "This way, buddy!".

With the utmost respect and love to other Christian faiths, the Catholic Church is a force intellectually, mystically, musically, and in many other ways that is simply unmatched. Of course, that is a bias comment but this isn't just a matter of belief here, even those that disagree with her, it captivates them and grabs a hold of them in a way that is unique IMO.

metis

With the utmost respect and love to other Christian faiths, the Catholic Church is a force intellectually, mystically, musically, and in many other ways that is simply unmatched. Of course, that is a bias comment but this isn't just a matter of belief here, even those that disagree with her, it captivates them and grabs a hold of them in a way that is unique IMO.
How you ever read anything about C.K. Chesterton, by chance? He was an atheist who eventually concluded what you and I have, eventually converting to the Church. He's also author of the "Father Brown" series that is often on PBS here at least.

Quiddity

How you ever read anything about C.K. Chesterton, by chance? He was an atheist who eventually concluded what you and I have, eventually converting to the Church. He's also author of the "Father Brown" series that is often on PBS here at least.

Hard not to come across his material when coming into the CC. I confess to reading plenty of his material, but never as a whole. I've done that with encyclicals and such but there is so much to read for many lifetimes.