• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More than 200 injured at Al Aqsa

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The key sentence in that article is the ongoing land grab by Israel. It reminds me of the history of whites driving black farmers off their land during Jim Crow.

Tensions have been rising over the threatened eviction of Palestinian families in East Jerusalem's Shaikh Jarrah district.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
What I find to be almost tragically ironic is that Ramadan in Israel is always bloody. And when I say bloody, I mean that Arabs use this time to beat up Jews more than usual. More boulder-throwing, more stabbing attempts, more purposely running over people with cars, more shooting attempts, more beating up random people on the street - but here on RF, the members who are great champions of civil rights and world peace have stayed utterly silent (at least to my knowledge - if I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected). And when Palestinians are beaten up by the Israeli police - oh, boohoo, and the world wakes up. Seriously, give me a break. What'll the excuse be this time? "They're an oppressed people, which is a legitimate reason to let them murder innocent teenagers waiting in a bus stop"? Feel good about yourselves, champions of world peace and whatnot, for figuring out how to justify this kid's death.

If you're gonna be biased, you might as well be biased after having faced the facts:
https://www.israelhayom.com/opinions/this-will-end-in-murder/
Rabbi, yeshiva director violently assaulted in Jaffa
Arab youths harass Haredim in Jerusalem in new TikTok craze
Media spin Palestinian ‘TikTok intifada’ into baseless slander against Israel

Also, if anyone's appalled at the "desecration of Al Aqsa" or something, mull over this for a bit:
https://twitter.com/MoranT555/status/1384548046390939655

Note that this is something that happens quite often.

Out of curiosity, did the Arabs who became Israeli citizens want to be
Current Israeli-Arabs are people or descendants of people who willingly accepted the Jewish State when it was created. When the state was created, the new government extended a hand of peace to all Arabs within its small territory. A large percent, essentially commanded to do so by neighboring Arab countries, turned tail and ran, expecting to return as victorious conquerors after what became known as the Israeli Independence War. When the war ended, with Israel victorious, they were not allowed back home - they were now full enemies of the country.
Because you get Muslim Israelis but you don't get Jewish Palestinians.
I think you mean Arab-Israelis. Arabs and Jews are ethnicities. And there used to be Palestinian Jews:
Palestinian Jews - Wikipedia
But considering events such as the Hebron Massacre, I'm not surprised that there weren't Jews living in Mandate Palestine who were overly-excited about staying under local Arab rule.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Out of curiosity, did the Arabs who became Israeli citizens want to be or would they have preferred Palestinian citizenship? Because you get Muslim Israelis but you don't get Jewish Palestinians.
All Jewish residents of Palestina were granted Israeli citizenship by default in 1948, so there is no such thing as a Jewish Palestinian.

Current Israeli-Arabs are people or descendants of people who willingly accepted the Jewish State when it was created. When the state was created, the new government extended a hand of peace to all Arabs within its small territory. A large percent, essentially commanded to do so by neighboring Arab countries, turned tail and ran, expecting to return as victorious conquerors after what became known as the Israeli Independence War. When the war ended, with Israel victorious, they were not allowed back home - they were now full enemies of the country.
Are you sure the actions of Haganah et al had nothing to do with the majority of Arab Isralies "turning tail and running" during the 1948 wars?

ronki23

Earlier in the month a Israeli teenager was murdered in a hit and run; then the fighting at Al Aqsa was started by Palestinians who started throwing bottles,bricks and rocks at Israeli soldiers. I don't know if those two events are related in any way.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Earlier in the month a Israeli teenager was murdered in a hit and run; then the fighting at Al Aqsa was started by Palestinians who started throwing bottles,bricks and rocks at Israeli soldiers. I don't know if those two events are related in any way.
Then why are you linking them in this manner?

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
One thing that I find interesting is that while the global news media is quick to release deaths and injuries on the Israeli side, they don't seem to even bother to find out how many Palestinians have been killed or injured in these clashes with Israeli police, soldiers, and paramilitaries. Has anybody else wondered why that may be the case?

ronki23

Then why are you linking them in this manner?

Attacking the IDF led to them firing tear gas and rubber bullets; only then did Hamas start firing rockets at Israel.

Maybe Yehuda Guetta's murder had nothing to do with this but the 2014 Gaza bombardment was because 3 Israeli teenagers were killed.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Has anybody else wondered why that may be the case?
I don't, but then again, Israeli media reports every single death on both sides:
upload_2021-5-15_22-22-24.png

"The Gazan Ministry of Health reports that from the beginning of this round of fighting 145 people were killed, out of them 41 children and 23 women. Also, 1100 were injured (313 of them children and 206 women), of them 38 badly injured and 248 moderately injured."​

Must mean that Israelis enjoy basking in the blood of the injured and dead of the other side. Or something like that.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I don't, but then again, Israeli media reports every single death on both sides:
View attachment 50586
"The Gazan Ministry of Health reports that from the beginning of this round of fighting 145 people were killed, out of them 41 children and 23 women. Also, 1100 were injured (313 of them children and 206 women), of them 38 badly injured and 248 moderately injured."​

Must mean that Israelis enjoy basking in the blood of the injured and dead of the other side. Or something like that.
I simply wondered because very few international reports even bother to mention that Arabs were injured at all.
Your arguments would read a lot better without the bitter, paranoid ramblings you frequently garnish them with, by the by.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Your arguments would read a lot better without the bitter, paranoid ramblings you frequently garnish them with. I simply wondered because very few international reports even bother to mention that Arabs were injured at all.
You're right I'm bitter, but I'm not paranoid.