• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Spiritual/Religious: Clinton or Trump?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Frankly, if you want to compare the Christian credentials of the VPs I would definitely put Kaine's missionary work and work for the victims of abject racism up against Pence's political maneuvers any day.
Tom
And at least Kaine accepts science.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You mean: swear on a book that considers righteous to offer ones daughters to a mob of rapists, in exchange of some angelic guests?

Who would do that?

Ciao

- viole

So... you are not going to answer the OP, as to which candidate is more spiritual?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I'm going by Trump's words and actions, not the Republican platform nor Hillary's "spirituality". I've 71 years old, have been observing American politics since 1960, and I have never seen a presidential candidate with Trump's horrific demeanor before-- and I'm by no mean the only one to say this.

I would suggest than anyone who supports such actions and claims to be observant religiously is simply deluding themselves. Can you imagine Jesus, for example, acting the way Trump has? Go back to my post #4 and substitute Jesus for Trump and see how he fits, and then get back to me on what you see.

I see Mrs. Clinton, too:

Whitewater gate
Travel gate
Rose gate
Foster gate
Say anything to get elected gate

They are both criminals. Which is the more spiritual criminal is the question?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I see Mrs. Clinton, too:

Whitewater gate
Travel gate
Rose gate
Foster gate
Say anything to get elected gate

They are both criminals. Which is the more spiritual criminal is the question?
Whitewater was never established in a very thorough investigation. "Travel gate" is simply partisan politics and makes no sense if looked at objectively. "Foster-gate" never was established, "Rose gate" I don't know what you are talking about. "Say anything to get elected gate" I can go along with. But the point is moot anyway because I am not saying you should vote for Hillary, and chances are that I won't be voting for her either.

But I would suggest that any evangelical voting for Trump should pause and actually think and pray about what they are supporting. This guy is saying things that are the polar-opposite of what Jesus' taught in many different areas, so I just cannot understand why evangelicals would even think about voting for Trump. Unless maybe they on believe about Jesus but just not in him? Remember WWJD? Do they honestly believe Jesus would support what Trump has repeatedly been saying?

Do they honestly think Jesus would approve of Trump's many statements that demean and stereotype people, matched with threats of even using nukes? I guess for quite a few people they'll have to check and see what's more important to them, their politics or their religious faith the latter of which I would hope involves compassion and justice/fairness towards all?