• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More respect for others after converting to islam

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I know it sound strange, but i have gotten more respect for every human being, after my convertion to Islam.

Have you experienced similarity in your own faith?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I know it sound strange, but i have gotten more respect for every human being, after my convertion to Islam.

Not really. I've always had an inherent respect for life, not only that of human beings, but all life. My religion really had no impact on this.

I'm curious though. Why do you specify respect for human beings? Why not all life?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Not really. I've always had an inherent respect for life, not only that of human beings, but all life. My religion really had no impact on this.

I'm curious though. Why do you specify respect for human beings? Why not all life?
My reason is Because it show islam as a good religion, but yes of course all life should be respected

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Age 10 I already told my mother "it's wrong to claim that Jesus is the only way for all". I was born this way.

Altfish

Veteran Member

I left Christianity over 50-years ago, became an atheist.
I have always had respect for others - but not EVERY human being.
Respect is earned, not given without thought.
I never respected Trump, Murdoch, Kochs, Johnson, etc

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I am so happy for you :)

Well...my religion tells me that every human being is God's child.
God gave all His children free will. And He cannot impose them anything, because He cannot violate their free will.
If God respects people's free will, so must I.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I respect life, and put that into practice via ahimsa, Hinduism's foremost ethical code. At the inner level, looking at all life as a spark of divinity, I can respect each spark. But on an outer level, I keep a friendly distance from those who would perform himsa. That's just the application of wisdom.

Adopting my faith was one factor in maintaining vegetarianism, but certainly not the only one.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I have more respect for non-human life, given that mostly they don't have that which enables them to choose so easily how to act as we usually do, but all humans get my respect until they show that they do not reciprocate such, and might choose to see others differently - often negatively, and so often defined by their beliefs. Apart from those who are damaged and where one might not expect rational behaviour or thinking.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

You know a path is right for you when others can see it without you needing to express what you believe.

You meaning people like yourself not you personally.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You know a path is right for you when others can see it without you needing to express what you believe.

You meaning people like yourself not you personally.
My personality has changed after my convertion to Islam. I thought before i had no anger within me, now i know i had. But islam teach me to be calm and respectful.

Before i used to tell others their "faults" now i see my own faults.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Age 10 I already told my mother "it's wrong to claim that Jesus is the only way for all". I was born this way.

No, you developed that way. Your mind was shaped by your experiences and you expressed your thoughts in a way that made sense to you at the time.

HonestJoe

My reason is Because it show islam as a good religion, but yes of course all life should be respected
With respect ( ;) ), isn't that obviously what you're going to believe or you wouldn't have become Muslim in the first place. It must have been technically possible for you to gain more respect for life without actually changing faith though, just as it'd be technically possible for someone to convert to Islam and become less respectful as a consequence. It all boils down to the individual, not the labels. :cool:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
With respect ( ;) ), isn't that obviously what you're going to believe or you wouldn't have become Muslim in the first place. It must have been technically possible for you to gain more respect for life without actually changing faith though, just as it'd be technically possible for someone to convert to Islam and become less respectful as a consequence. It all boils down to the individual, not the labels. :cool:
I agree, a muslim is one person who follow Allah, a bad muslim is one who harm others.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
No, you developed that way. Your mind was shaped by your experiences and you expressed your thoughts in a way that made sense to you at the time.
Wow, you do not even mention that this is your opinion. You just know this for a fact about me

You must be God to know me that well. How should we address you: 1)God or 2)god ?