• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More or less advanced?

I had an interesting thought today. Kind of silly, but something i thought was worth posting anyway.

Suppose that there is intellegent life out there other than humans. Do you believe that they would be more or less advanced than us technologically? Or do you think it would be hard to compare?

Saw11_2000

Hard to compare, although there is a good chance they are. They could be less advanced than us, but since they have been around longer, have more technologies. Since the universe formed gradually rather than all at once, I think that people in the center of the universe would be the furthest along in tech. I think that makes sense. lol

Ori

Angel slayer
For all we know they could be completly invisible to us, as in existing in a diffirent form, like a gas state or something.

Yeah, it could be impossisble to communicate with them. Which would make peacful exsistence pretty hard dont you think?

Saw11_2000

???

We have tech to help us see the invisable, so I think we would notice them. And plus, when I flail my arms around like a moron, I would kill a few.

Ori

Angel slayer
Their are many obstacles science has yet to overcome. An advanced alien race could appear as Gods compared to us.

Saw11_2000

But if there was they would arrive on spacecraft. And we would be able to see them with our naked eye. Is there any exceptions to animals that don't emit light that we can see. I know bacteria we can't see, but if we magnify, we can see them.

Well, it seems your making your assumptions on OUR knowledge. Who knows what an advanced alien race may have learned about the universe. Or hell, they could even be some extra dimensional beings with different laws of physics . . .

or we could be alone in this world and none of this matters :p

may

orichalcum said:
For all we know they could be completly invisible to us, as in existing in a diffirent form, like a gas state or something.

And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people, saying in a loud voice: "FEAR God and give him glory, because the hour of the judgment by him has arrived, and so worship the One who made the heaven and the earth and sea and fountains of waters(revelation14;6-7)believe it or not there are invisible angels who are directing the preaching work of true christians right now all over the world .

And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come(matthew 24;14)

Thus, I tell YOU, joy arises among the angels of God over one sinner that repents.( luke 15;10)

Are they not all spirits for public service, sent forth to minister for those who are going to inherit salvation?(hebrews 1;14)
And the angels that did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place he(God) has reserved with eternal bonds under dense darkness for the judgment of the great day(jude 6)so there are good angels and bad ones .

You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. (james 2;19)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
iaminterface said:
I had an interesting thought today. Kind of silly, but something i thought was worth posting anyway.

Suppose that there is intellegent life out there other than humans. Do you believe that they would be more or less advanced than us technologically? Or do you think it would be hard to compare?[/QUOTE

I think Engyo is right on this one; go and ask them! If you can't see them either they can't see us either, or they can, but in that case, they're wiser than we are and leaving us well alone!:jiggy:

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
IMHO, there are too many stars with too many planets to say that earth is the only one with intelligent life. I bet there's more than one, and I would also bet that some are more advanced, while some are not. There are lots of good points here, and it's possible we are all right. The most interesting will be if we find out for sure in our lifetimes.:D