• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More news on the Native American prolife march

Riders

More information has come out,I got the link. The Catholic kids were not unattended but had teachers with them, which I still say is wrong, why take your high school kids to a prolife march?

Anyways the Catholic kids claim a Native America shouted something rude at them and the teen was trying to calm down the situation.

He said that the school gave them direction and started chanting mean school chants at the native Americans.
So he admits in this, they did retaliate but chanting mean stuff.But the teen was trying to calm down the situation.

The elderly man says he was trying to back out of the situation and the teen would not let them.

Really it comes down to who you believe.But even if I take sides with the teen, he admitted the school gave them permission to chant at the Native Americans in retaliation. Here's the source, my personal opinion is that both groups were int he wrong.

The Native American March could have done better but that school has no business telling kids to retaliate in a protest.

Its a dangerous thing to do. The school is wrong,.Heres the source MAGA Hat-Wearing Teen Claims He Was 'Helping To [Defuse] The Situation' | HuffPost

Riders

Heres an excerpt, both the teen and elder say they were trying to defuse the situation.
Because we were being loudly attacked and taunted in public, a student in our group asked one of our teacher chaperones for permission to begin our school spirit chants to counter the hateful things that were being shouted at our group,” he said. “Our chaperone gave us permission to use our school chants. We would not have done that without obtaining permission from the adults in charge of our group.”

Chanting school spirit at people who are yelling at you and protesting against you is dangerous,

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Heres an excerpt, both the teen and elder say they were trying to defuse the situation.
Because we were being loudly attacked and taunted in public, a student in our group asked one of our teacher chaperones for permission to begin our school spirit chants to counter the hateful things that were being shouted at our group,” he said. “Our chaperone gave us permission to use our school chants. We would not have done that without obtaining permission from the adults in charge of our group.”

Chanting school spirit at people who are yelling at you and protesting against you is dangerous,
Only if the opposing protesters are douches.
I mean really. School chants meaning what? School spirit is hardly confrontational, unless they are chanting slurs or something.
What am I missing here?
I’m on the outside, but it seems like American Liberals are trying to claim victim hood by any means necessary. And I say that as a life long leftie.

Riders

Only if the opposing protesters are douches.
I mean really. School chants meaning what? School spirit is hardly confrontational, unless they are chanting slurs or something.
What am I missing here?
I’m on the outside, but it seems like American Liberals are trying to claim victim hood by any means necessary. And I say that as a life long leftie.

He did not say school chants. He said the school gave him permission to chant at the ones who were yelling at him in retaliation. He said theyw ere provoking right back, sorry its not ok. You can call it chants they were yelling back period.

Riders

No and I blame the school! Hey man the Jewish guys were throwing slurs and yelling evil slurs at the Catholics. They were teens,
I' m sorry but they should not have been there. What were the Catholic teachers doing there even allowing them to stay, in fact that's actually very very very dangerous.

He said a bunch of Jewish guys ganged upon them and started throwing slurs at them, that's very dangerous no mam, no mam that school should have told them to go home let alone start chanting at the other group in retaliation.

That is so so dangerous, no mam, our Catholic students were put in danger. he said he was trying to defuse the situation before violence broke out, our children were faced with violence because of that protest . No mam thats wrong, they should have been sent home. I would sue that school!

Riders

Is this really the hill you want to die on, @Riders? Aren't there much better causes for that?

There are other opinions outside yourself it seems to me the other guy felt like he was in danger also. it could have been a misunderstanding but both were wrong.They both trying to defuse the situation but maybe going about it the wrong way.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
There are other opinions outside yourself it seems to me the other guy felt like he was in danger also. it could have been a misunderstanding but both were wrong.They both trying to defuse the situation but maybe going about it the wrong way.

Have to agree with @Sunstone on this one, r. Normally I would simply let you fall on your face, but this one is waaay too obvious and, in the end, will leave you way too bloodied.

Catholic HS teens fall prey to social media mob following interaction with Native American elder at DC rally

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Interesting we didn't hear much about the African Americans that were yelling racial slurs and homophobic remarks at the White students which seemed to instigate this whole thing.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The only question I have is where were the teachers/administrators and parents that accompanied the students, and why didn't they do anything to defuse that situation, especially since things could have gotten much worse? I've gone on numerous field-trips with my kids and grandkids, and it was our role to make sure they were safe and behaving properly.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The only question I have is where were the teachers/administrators and parents that accompanied the students, and why didn't they do anything to defuse that situation, especially since things could have gotten much worse?
They did.
The boys were just fine until they started getting stalked and harassed. Then responded with admirable restraint. When Phillips threatened to start something worse, the kids started chanting school spirit cheers.
That kept things calm for the last couple of minutes until their bus arrived.

I've gone on numerous field-trips with my kids and grandkids, and it was our role to make sure they were safe and behaving properly.
Which they did.

This whole narrative about misbehavior from the teens is totally bogus to anybody who watches even a few minutes of the whole video.
I am confident that if the boys had been wearing anything but MAGA hats they'd be held up as role models.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I don't agree, especially since I do not accept that two wrongs make a right. [see my other post on the other related thread]
Which two wrongs are you referring to?
I saw a bunch of black guys harassing the boys and then Phillips push his way in and exacerbate the situation.
The boys behaved extremely well under duress.
I have now watched over an hour of video from different angles. The fundamental narrative is worse than bogus, it's a blatant lie.
Tom

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I saw a bunch of black guys harassing the boys and then Phillips push his way in and exacerbate the situation.
I have now watched over an hour of video from different angles. The fundamental narrative is worse than bogus, it's a blatant lie.
Tom
It is the duty and the responsibility of the school to sort this out, and they have promised to do so.

End of discussion.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It is the duty and the responsibility of the school to sort this out, and they have promised to do so.

End of discussion.
I am really surprised by your cavalier dismissal of the damages done to the kids and school.

If the boys had done the same thing to a group of more PCness, would you still shrug and ignore it?
Tom

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
Interesting we didn't hear much about the African Americans that were yelling racial slurs and homophobic remarks at the White students which seemed to instigate this whole thing.

Umm. . . It has been all over the news. What on Earth are you talking about . ..

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
Tom

Why do you need to watch over an hour of videos? For what purpose? So you can decide where to place the blame?

This is a distraction story, let the local community sort this out. There is no need to watch over an hour of video at different angles just to decide who gets the blame.