• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More News on the Changing Evolution Scene :-) !!! :-)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Are you saying that something comes from nothing? How you figure that, or don't you?
No. What I'm saying is that your assertion is illogical. Care to address that?

You are the one declaring that something can't come from nothing as a fact without any demonstration of it at all. I don't know if it can or not. What you can't do is declare that "nothing comes from nothing" and then turn around and also declare that "the God I believe in comes from nothing." Not if you want your beliefs to be logical, that is.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
No. What I'm saying is that your assertion is illogical. Care to address that?

You are the one declaring that something can't come from nothing as a fact without any demonstration of it at all. I don't know if it can or not. What you can't do is declare that "nothing comes from nothing" and then turn around and also declare that "the God I believe in comes from nothing." Not if you want your beliefs to be logical, that is.
Naturally we must put things in context. God will never have an end. He is forever and ever, without a beginning. That is partially what his name from the Hebrew means -- He IS -- what He is...(sometimes translated as "I am that I am,") now, always, and forever without end. UNLIKE ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD and UNIVERSE. The first book of the Bible starts, "In the BEGINNING..." and the first book of the Christian Greek scriptures also says, "in the beginning..." It never says "in the beginning the Almighty God was formedl." It never alludes to that.
John 1:1 says (and I won't go into technicalities now much) -- King James Version -- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God...."
"In the beginning was the Word." (John 1:1) "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." (John 1:1) It doesn't say "in the beginning God was formed," or "in the beginning God came from nothing." (or something)

Bear Wild

Because those earlier ones went extinct.

I don't know just how complex or not complex they were in terms of relativity.
Because those earlier ones went extinct.

I don't know just how complex or not complex they were in terms of relativity.

First I want to thank you for answering. To better understand you point of view can you explain

1. Why are there are no fossils of modern day animal fossils were the previous extinct animal fossils are found?

2. As for complex relativity compare the predominant fossil before 252,000 million years ago called a Trilobite.

th

Compared to the stegosaurus which appeared 150,000 million years ago.
10%20Interesting%20Facts%20About%20Stegosaurus_0.jpg

Would you agree that there was a change in complexity over time?

Bear Wild

Naturally we must put things in context. God will never have an end. He is forever and ever, without a beginning. That is partially what his name from the Hebrew means -- He IS -- what He is...(sometimes translated as "I am that I am,") now, always, and forever without end. UNLIKE ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD and UNIVERSE. The first book of the Bible starts, "In the BEGINNING..." and the first book of the Christian Greek scriptures also says, "in the beginning..." It never says "in the beginning the Almighty God was formedl." It never alludes to that.
John 1:1 says (and I won't go into technicalities now much) -- King James Version -- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God...."
"In the beginning was the Word." (John 1:1) "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." (John 1:1) It doesn't say "in the beginning God was formed," or "in the beginning God came from nothing." (or something)

The only problem with your argument is that all of the gods were made when the Niflheim and the Muspelheim collided in the Ginnungagap. All gods and goddesses were then created as well as the universe. There were no words in the beginning. They only formed after language developed.

YoursTrue

First I want to thank you for answering. To better understand you point of view can you explain

1. Why are there are no fossils of modern day animal fossils were the previous extinct animal fossils are found?

I don't understand the question. I also want to say that since the opinions of scientists change regarding the history and timetables, I surely wouldn't have a definitive answer.

2. As for complex relativity compare the predominant fossil before 252,000 million years ago called a Trilobite.

th

Compared to the stegosaurus which appeared 150,000 million years ago.
10%20Interesting%20Facts%20About%20Stegosaurus_0.jpg

Would you agree that there was a change in complexity over time?
I can see the reasoning if that's the way it goes (not that I necessarily agree) but! -- the trilobite seems rather complex itself. Furthermore, I hope hope hope that someone doesn't say the stegosaurus evolved from the trilobite. Even over billions of years. But again -- honest -- since I wasn't there -- since I did not see these little organisms grow, multiply, and turn into much much larger organisms in the very long term, and there are no motion pictures of the cells changing (yes, morphing) into other types (such as dinosaur to bird), I would not start comparing fossils and sayi, "Look, this is proof that dinosaurs emerged to birds with feathers and wings that can fly." Or fish to land animal. Because I don't know and yes, I say there is no real proof. Yes I know they say it is evidence. But I no longer accept that as proof (evidence) that evolution is how we (humans) and other types of life got here.
I remember when I was in high school I had a conversation with a buddy in the special group for intellectually keen students (not that I deserved that honor, but there I was) about God and does He care, and ants, and who are the ants and what is furniture composed of atom-wise, etc. And at the time I had no real knowledge of the Bible. I also didn't know or understand anything about God, even though I went to religious studies on a regular basis. I did occasionally read the Bible at the time but it was like a storybook to me. Now it is not. Now I believe that the Bible is from God.

YoursTrue

The only problem with your argument is that all of the gods were made when the Niflheim and the Muspelheim collided in the Ginnungagap. All gods and goddesses were then created as well as the universe. There were no words in the beginning. They only formed after language developed.
The Word is also appilied to the one known as Jesus, the Son of God. I feel rather certain that God invented words for humans to communicate and understand, beyond that I can't say right now. I'm pretty sure God didn't need words but invented and used them as needed. Not to get too deep into this (because it then borders on the mystical, something I'm not into), God spoke by means of Moses and Aaron to Pharaoh, and He (God) made Himself clear with the plagues. He spoke, in a manner of speaking :) that way.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

These are just more assertions you're using to dig deeper into your illogical assertion.
Bible quotes don't explain away your illogical belief, because they themselves are just more assertions.

Also, I've asked several times now why anyone should care what the Bible says in the first place.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The Word is also appilied to the one known as Jesus, the Son of God. I feel rather certain that God invented words for humans to communicate and understand, beyond that I can't say right now. I'm pretty sure God didn't need words but invented and used them as needed. Not to get too deep into this (because it then borders on the mystical, something I'm not into), God spoke by means of Moses and Aaron to Pharaoh, and He (God) made Himself clear with the plagues. He spoke, in a manner of speaking :) that way.
Humans invented words.

YoursTrue

Humans invented words.
You honestly don't know that. But if you think you do, I can consider that in your subsequent replies about what you say is or isn't. Hoping the best for you...not that my hope will be answered in this respect.

YoursTrue

These are just more assertions you're using to dig deeper into your illogical assertion.
Bible quotes don't explain away your illogical belief, because they themselves are just more assertions.

Also, I've asked several times now why anyone should care what the Bible says in the first place.
The Bible, if understood properly, is a guide to life in a successful way. It also offers hope for a wonderful future.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You honestly don't know that. But if you think you do, I can consider that in your subsequent replies about what you say is or isn't. Hoping the best for you...not that my hope will be answered in this respect.

We do know that.

In fact, just about every word you have ever spoken, didn't exist 2000 years ago, unless you were speaking latin.

Humans invent new words all the time.

Go back 40 years and tell someone "I googled it and didn't find it". They won't know what "to google" is. It's a verbe that did not exist 40 years ago.

New words are invented all the time.
Language evolves.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The Bible, if understood properly, is a guide to life in a successful way. It also offers hope for a wonderful future.
Great, and you're entitled to your opinion.

We're not talking about that though. What we're talking about is your illogical assertion. Well, I am, anyway. You're trying your best to ignore it.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
More news to ponder over -- scientists pondering once again -- "“Maybe brain size isn’t all it’s cracked up to be,” said Hawks. “It opens the door for us to say that maybe they were more capable than we might assume; maybe it isn’t just (brain) size.”
Uh huh -- maybe it's not just brain size. :) Maybe.
Homo sapien’s ‘Shadow’ Species --"Hints We May Have Had Story of Evolution All Wrong" | The Daily Galaxy

Yes, it is not only brain size. It is also the structure and specialization of the brain in response to evolutionary pressure for survival of the best adapted.

Astrophile

Who's to say your ancestor was a gorilla? I mean what happened to genetic analysis with ancestry? Or -- some Unknown Common Ancestor. ?

I was (and still am) asking you how you interpret the fossil record, not what your or my ancestors were?

You can believe you evolved from a gorilla type animal. I can say you're not an animal unless you act like one in not such a good sense.

In what way do I not act like an animal? I eat and drink and breathe, like animals. I have four limbs, and use them to walk, like most other tetrapods. I have had sexual intercourse with a female of my own species, again as most animals do. In what respects do these activities differ from those of animals?

I am convinced by this time that humans did NOT descend from whatever evolutionists say whatever ape came before.

What is the evidence that convinces you? After all, we are genetically almost identical to the other living apes, and there are plenty of pre-human fossil apes (such as Australopithecus, Ardipithecus, Orrorin and Dryopithecus) that were similar enough to us to have been our ancestors.

Meantime, my question remains: since fossils demonstrate that an animal (or human) was alive, where did the life go once the body died?

The life of the animal (or plant, or fungus, etc.) went into its offspring, if it had any.

After all, in order for evolution to occur, considering the theory, :), there has to be life, doesn't there? Questions...what happens to the life? Can't have evolution of any sort (whether it's inbreeding or the 'theory') without life, can you?

This is true, biological evolution can only occur among living things. Every individual that succeeds in reproducing passes its life on to its offspring and more distant descendants. Living things that die without leaving descendants don't pass their life on, so their evolutionary lineage dies with them.