• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More guns is obviously the answer...

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
All that is there is your BS insurance pitch.

Good-Ole-Rebel
I wonder whether yiou bother to insure your vehicles?
Where I live the authorities drive around the roads checking all vehicles for tax, insurance, road test, and if they find one that is not covered they seize it and tow it away. They also clamp vehicles. We don't put up with such pests here. :p

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry, but you brought up the Federal law. See post #(129).

Huh? In post #129, I specifically said the law is not the same everywhere (ie state gun laws vary).

So, again, I ask you, does the Federal law require me to complete a safety training course to own a gun?

No. I didnt say it did.

Oh....I do want an answer! Do I meet your demands of ownership of a gun or the law's?

I have no idea, I don't know you.

Indeed, I welcome you to republican form of government. Which is why I get to own a gun.

I never said you didn't. People in republican governments also differ on how to organize society.

So, I get to obey the laws of my country and state. Correct?

Obviously.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Of course I did!
Let me explain to you what an AR-15 is:- That stands for Assault-Rifle 15 rounds.
I thought you would know that abbreviation. :shrug:

Dreadful irresponsibility, imo.
The law should make it mandatory.

If a friend or relative of yours was injured or killed in a gun accident and there was no provision for payments and costs you'd be shrieking out a different story.
Or what if you got shot in an accident? We'd never hear the last of it.

Let me explain. AR doesn't stand for 'assault rifle'. It stands for 'ArmaLite' after the company that created it.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

I wonder whether yiou bother to insure your vehicles?
Where I live the authorities drive around the roads checking all vehicles for tax, insurance, road test, and if they find one that is not covered they seize it and tow it away. They also clamp vehicles. We don't put up with such pests here. :p

Sorry pardner but driving with a vehicle here is not a right. It is a 'privilege'. Owning a gun is a 'right'.

We didn't put up with such pests as you here....did we?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

Huh? In post #129, I specifically said the law is not the same everywhere (ie state gun laws vary).

No. I didnt say it did.

I have no idea, I don't know you.

I never said you didn't. People in republican governments also differ on how to organize society.

Obviously.

Huh? In post #(129) you said, "If I recall correctly the FBI". Note that 'F' in FBI stands for 'Federal'. So, I ask you again, does the Federal law require me to complete a safety training course to own a gun?

Oh good, you recognize that the Federal law does not require me to complete a safety training course to own a gun. But...you do. That is what you said...correct?

If you have no idea, then why are you talking. I understand you have no idea. I don't understand why you are talking.

Great. You agree with me that I can own a gun. Just like so many millions of other Americans can also own a gun. And all is based upon our laws for owning a gun. Not your imagination.

So...what's your problem?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Does anyone say they ensure safety?
I say they can enhance it.
(Note the "can". Some people are better off without them.)

I think it's pretty uncontroversial that they "can." I'm more concerned with the extent to which they actually do.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Huh? In post #(129) you said, "If I recall correctly the FBI". Note that 'F' in FBI stands for 'Federal'.

Yes, if you recall I was referring to federal stats, not federal laws.

So, I ask you again, does the Federal law require me to complete a safety training course to own a gun?

Oh good, you recognize that the Federal law does not require me to complete a safety training course to own a gun. But...you do. That is what you said...correct?

Correct. You asked me what I would like to see required for gun ownership. I answered you.

If you have no idea, then why are you talking. I understand you have no idea. I don't understand why you are talking.

Did I say something that upset or offended you? I don't know your situation, so I have no idea whether you're legally eligible to own a gun. If you know I don't know, why ask me?

Great. You agree with me that I can own a gun. Just like so many millions of other Americans can also own a gun. And all is based upon our laws for owning a gun. Not your imagination.

So...what's your problem?

I don't have a problem. You asked me my opinion. I gave it to you.

If you don't want to talk to me, it's pretty simple...don't.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
zv0feqa7st341.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Great. You agree with me that I can own a gun.
Just want to throw it out there: because you think gun safety is "BS" I personally do not agree that you should be able to own a gun. I take gun safety far too seriously to think safety training is bull****. Were I grew up, its called being a responsible owner,because it's not just your own safety at stake.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The gun worshipers might cry some crocodile tears over the cops who were killed and reiterate that they have the "right" (sick) to own high powered rifles capable of firing hundreds of rounds of ammo at cops. Not in my book.

Jersey City: Deadly gun battle kills six people

Police at the scene immediately came under "high-powered rifle fire," Mr Kelly told reporters, and it is believed that Mr Seals was killed while approaching the two suspects, who have not been publicly identified.

The pair fled the scene in a van and took shelter in a kosher supermarket where they held off armed police and federal officials for four hours, shooting off hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Let me explain. AR doesn't stand for 'assault rifle'. It stands for 'ArmaLite' after the company that created it.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Ha ha! That was easy!
That'#s why they call it the Armalite AR-15. That doesn't stand for Armalite Armalite Rifle!! :p

But the joke is, that either way I did mention 'RIFLE' in that post.

Gun nuts hate the term 'Assault-rifle' and try to move as far away from it as possible.

So either way your earlier point is snuffed out. Pathetic attempts at redirection here...... sad. :p

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
No, I didn't miss it. I got it. BS.

Good-Ole-Rebel
You can call out BS to the world, but the voters may well make these decisions for you.

The BBC deatures a dreadful gun battle in Jersey this morning, I see. Police Officers shot down and many wounded and dead. Daily stuff in the US. Madness.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Sorry pardner but driving with a vehicle here is not a right. It is a 'privilege'. Owning a gun is a 'right'.
Pathetic argument.
You're not carrying a muzzle-loading rifle for your State and under military discipline, but filling up your country with hundreds of millions of guns.
And blurting out the 'we got rights' stuff is just puerile, especially when so many are totally irresponsible about insuring against risks.
In a World where police could automatically seize any un-insured gun things would slowly get more sensible.
And Insurers wouldn't offer insurance to untrained, unqualified folks with poor home security and no gun safes.

It's common sense.

US gun victims have a right to live, or is that not mentioned in your Rights?

We didn't put up with such pests as you here....did we?

Good-Ole-Rebel
You all didn't have to lose your common sense when you all won freedom from Brit oppression. :p
US Northern States didn't put up with Southern Pests either, I just hope they don't keep needling the South over it 150 on......

And anyway you weren't there. It might not have been quite so exciting for you if you had been.... :shrug:

Good-Ole-Rebel

Yes, if you recall I was referring to federal stats, not federal laws.

Correct. You asked me what I would like to see required for gun ownership. I answered you.

Did I say something that upset or offended you? I don't know your situation, so I have no idea whether you're legally eligible to own a gun. If you know I don't know, why ask me?

I don't have a problem. You asked me my opinion. I gave it to you.

If you don't want to talk to me, it's pretty simple...don't.

You want to use the FBI as prove of a point of your for 'stats'. As I said, that is Federal. The FBI also lays down the Federal laws governing gun ownership. That involves all of the 50 states.

My question to you in post #(126) was would you force me to not have a gun as I would not force you to have one. You replied in (127) that it depends. You then give why it depends, all of which pertain to the legality of gun ownership. Except training. That is not required.

So, the FBI is not requiring anyone to go through any training to be able to buy or own a gun. Yet you are. In other words, you have mixed your law with the FBI as though it has some weight. And it doesn't.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

Just want to throw it out there: because you think gun safety is "BS" I personally do not agree that you should be able to own a gun. I take gun safety far too seriously to think safety training is bull****. Were I grew up, its called being a responsible owner,because it's not just your own safety at stake.

Not sure where you get that I think gun safety is BS. If you're referring to my comment in post #(68), that was in reference to oldbadger's dream of restrictions for owning a gun. I grew up with guns also, and was taught responsibility. So?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

Ha ha! That was easy!
That'#s why they call it the Armalite AR-15. That doesn't stand for Armalite Armalite Rifle!! :p

But the joke is, that either way I did mention 'RIFLE' in that post.

Gun nuts hate the term 'Assault-rifle' and try to move as far away from it as possible.

So either way your earlier point is snuffed out. Pathetic attempts at redirection here...... sad. :p

You still haven't defined your 'assault rifle'? You want to ban 'assault rifles'. What is an assault rifle and why are you wanting it banned?

Is it because it is a semi-auto? If so, does that mean you want to ban 'semi-auto' pistols? Are 'semi-auto' pistols 'assault pistols' in your book? What about pump shotguns? Semi-auto shotguns? You need to define what you are saying.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

You can call out BS to the world, but the voters may well make these decisions for you.

The BBC deatures a dreadful gun battle in Jersey this morning, I see. Police Officers shot down and many wounded and dead. Daily stuff in the US. Madness.

Good thing we allow our law officers to carry.

Good-Ole-Rebel