• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monotheism and a Materialistic God

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
is the God of monotheism materialistic? an object that exists in some form and to which some monotheists are devoted

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
No

God is not made out of matter

He is not made out of anything, he exists above and beyond the material realm

(don't ask how!)

But he created the material, physical world

Creation is material

But the creator is not

Thief

Rogue Theologian
yep.....kinda hard to say......I AM!

without something to show for it

Spirit First

danieldemol

Premium Member
is the God of monotheism materialistic? an object that exists in some form and to which some monotheists are devoted
You may as well ask is the God of theism materialistic.

Like in theism people have different beliefs about God, so to in Monotheism.

As a matter of fact the only thing which is different between monotheism and theism is the agreement amongst monotheists that there is only one God.

Other than that some Monotheists believe God is a Spirit, some believe God is a human, and some believe God is neither a material being nor a spirit.

So asking is monotheism’s God materialistic is simply lacking awareness of the diversity of monotheistic thought.

Having said that, I assume you are a pantheist, in which case the material universe is your God, so it makes for an ironic critique of Monotheism.

VoidoftheSun

Necessary Heretical, Fundamentally Orthodox

Complete opposite. Remember how the Abrahamic religions emphasize such an opposition to what they term "idolatry"?

(of course, Christianity doesn't care anyway and worships a dude but nonetheless, Judaism and Islam are very very serious about God being transcendent, formless, non-anthropomorphic, all-encompassing and the like).

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No

God is not made out of matter

He is not made out of anything, he exists above and beyond the material realm

(don't ask how!)

But he created the material, physical world

Creation is material

But the creator is not

early christians would have disagreed with you.

eik

early christians would have disagreed with you.
No they would not. The Greek term "ousia" was not introduced to Christianity until the Nicene creed in AD325, and that only at the insistence of Constantine. It had long been resisted until then. Until that time it was axiomatic that "God is spirit." Jn 4:24.

Gandalf

Horn Tooter
I subscribe to a very specific view known as Maratb al-Wujud which is best defined as panentheism with a very distinct degradation of divinity. All things require Allah swt to exist and all of existence is a byproduct of the physical nature of Allah swt but not it's entirety or the supreme essence. Divinity is best found the purer you go to the source until you reach the characteristic uniqueness of the creator. Divinity resides in everything but it resides more purely in the imams and Ahulbayt of the final prophet.

brian100

The physical world along with man was his greatest creation.. it was so good that he become man thru his Queen the blessed Virgin Mary. I don't expect Heaven to be any better than what we see now.. except with Eternal life.. and with our wife. That Beloved in 1 John 4:7.. to back this up. Mark 10:6-9. Who will be someone to love for all eternity!

Being a bodiless Ghost and not being able to touch yourself is a hell. I think Atheists go there.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The physical world along with man was his greatest creation.. it was so good that he become man thru his Queen the blessed Virgin Mary. I don't expect Heaven to be any better than what we see now.. except with Eternal life.. and with our wife. That Beloved in 1 John 4:7.. to back this up. Mark 10:6-9. Who will be someone to love for all eternity!

Being a bodiless Ghost and not being able to touch yourself is a hell. I think Atheists go there.
If heaven is like our human life here on Earth, with sickness and pain, i am not going to that heaven :) life on earth is more like hell i would think.

brian100

If heaven is like our human life here on Earth, with sickness and pain, i am not going to that heaven :) life on earth is more like hell i would think.

Why would you get sick and die if heaven was another dimension on Earth? You'd just be young like Adam and Eve. And maybe just you two on an Island.

Not being able to touch yourself as a ghost is hell. I'm never going there.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Why would you get sick and die if heaven was another dimension on Earth? You'd just be young like Adam and Eve. And maybe just you two on an Island. Not being able to touch yourself as a ghost is hell.
I realize you and I see heaven differently :) personally i do not understanding heaven to be on earth (even in a different dimension) but yes the heaven i understand is within a different dimension far away from our physical realm of our universe.
In my understanding the only way to get to a heaven is by Cultivation of mind and body. And each Cultivation path/religion lead to different parts of heaven.
But i guess this discussion is best in a New thread, so i dont "hijack" this OP

brian100

I realize you and I see heaven differently :) personally i do not understanding heaven to be on earth (even in a different dimension) but yes the heaven i understand is within a different dimension far away from our physical realm of our universe.
In my understanding the only way to get to a heaven is by Cultivation of mind and body. And each Cultivation path/religion lead to different parts of heaven.
But i guess this discussion is best in a New thread, so i dont "hijack" this OP

If you want Heaven to be a dream world well I have bad news for you.. nothing is real there.

brian100

So you seen heaven? And know it is false?

I met a Luke person 17 years ago before I decoded the Shroud of Turin. He showed me a White Pearly Rosary he had in his r-pocket. Just some really happy stranger who knew me, and I never saw him before.

luke2.jpg

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I met a Luke person 17 years ago before I decoded the Shroud of Turin. He showed me a White Pearly Rosary he had in his r-pocket. Just some really happy stranger who knew me, and I never saw him before.

luke2.jpg
Not sure i understand this as an answer to my question :) what has Luke to do with if you seen heaven or not?

brian100

It told me Heaven is here. All around us! Man inherited Heaven and Earth.

That's why you need the right religion.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It told me Heaven is here. All around us! Man inherited Heaven and Earth.

That's why you need the right religion.
My understanding is that there is more then one correct answer to what heaven is, it comes from different levels of wisdom, so no man see heaven the same way. so i do not see Christian religion as the only true religion:) nor do i see Falun Gong as the only true spiritual teaching. So i would never tell someone that my religion/spiritual teaching is the only true teaching :)

brian100

The only God I have seen proof for was on the Shroud of Turin, and if you don't believe in that you will either got to the gay club (no love) or worse where the Atheist go to be a bodiless ghost. Jesus said touch me I'm real.