• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monogamy/Polyamory hybrid?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I was wondering if there were any real life stories of a bisexual person keeping a male partner and female partner, but the three agreeing not to have additional partners than that?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I was wondering if there were any real life stories of a bisexual person keeping a male partner and female partner, but the three agreeing not to have additional partners than that?
That's a form of polyamory. It's called a closed relationship in addition to a triad what @Guitar's Cry said. Not all polyamourous relationships are open

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I thought I'd add this to get even more specific. It could be a vee relationship too depending on the dynamic.
upload_2022-7-10_8-21-13.png

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Absolutely. Depending on whether the two partners are in a relationship with each other, this could be either a V (with the common partner as the vertex of the V) or a triad (although in some descriptions a V is a type of triad).

Poly-geometry can be really simple, or fantastically complicated.