• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

questfortruth

I took some classes and labs in anthropology, so I'm pulling from my knowledge and experience. Take it or leave it, it's your choice.
The Mandela effect is an observed phenomenon in which a large segment of the population misremembers a significant event or shares a memory of an event that did not actually occur.

Allow me to doubt, that God of the Health has made Adam and Eve already as mutants. But the most young common ancestor is Noah from Noah's Flood.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
The Mandela effect is an observed phenomenon in which a large segment of the population misremembers a significant event or shares a memory of an event that did not actually occur.
Huh?

Allow me to doubt, that God of the Health has made Adam and Eve already as mutants. But the most young common ancestor is Noah from Noah's Flood.
What does argument from God has to do with mEve? You're mixing theology with science and just inject your belief. That's your option, but it's not an argument.

I was a Christian and Creationist for 30 years myself, but I know better now.

questfortruth

Huh?

What does argument from God has to do with mEve? You're mixing theology with science and just inject your belief. That's your option, but it's not an argument.

I was a Christian and Creationist for 30 years myself, but I know better now.
There is globalization going out there, the world tries to solve inner conflicts and become united, like the Borg's Civilization in Star Trek. So, I am for the solving any conflicts between theism and Science. I am sure, the "aliens" are using the Spiritualism+Science.

Last edited:

tas8831

Mitochondrial-Eve is defined as having zero mutations.

That is not and has never been the case.

Have you heard the expression "Mitochondrial Clock"?
Yes. Have you?
It means following. The farther into the past, the less mutated the humankind was.

No, that is not at all what it means.
And the mathematical limit when there are no mutations in humankind is called Mitochondrial-Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam (see peer-review references in Wikipedia).

Not even Wikipedia indicates any such thing.

Here is the link for Y-chromosomal Adam - Wikipedia

And for Mitochondrial Eve - Wikipedia

I will wait. Show us where these entries say anything remotely like what you claim.

Did you even have high school biology?

Why monkeys have not passed mutations to Mitochondrial Eve?
Because by the time there was a mitochondrial Eve, the human/money split was 10s of millions of years in the past, if we use the colloquial definition of monkey.

The Mitochondrial Eve is basically the severely mutated monkey. Then why is the Mitochondrial Eve the zero mutation limit?

Because you have misinterpreted/misunderstood the entire issue.

Last edited:

tas8831

You are showing the negative emotion, which is called "scientific scepticism".

You are showing the creationist emotion, which is the equivalent of this:

image.php

tas8831

No, it is a claimed effect put forth by egotists who cannot accept that their memories may not be 100% accurate.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
And there you have the New Testament!

It wasn't even a very large segment of the population, of a tiny little society, in a remote and primitive part of the Roman Empire.
Nobody who left any records of import noticed Jesus. Nor did they notice big portentous events like the eclipse and earthquake on Passover Eve.

Thousands of people knew Jesus, watched Him die, saw Him arise the next week, listened to Him preach again,

But then did nothing that anybody noticed. There is no records of Jesus influencing anybody enough to get noticed by the "authorities". If it hadn't been for St Paul(who never even met Jesus), I don't think that Christianity would have existed beyond the Diaspora. And if a Roman warlord centuries later hadn't found Christianity conveniently weaponizable, I doubt that it would have survived the 6th century.

the population misremembers a significant event or shares a memory of an event that did not actually occur.

That's exactly what I think happened.
Give me a reason to think Trinitarianism is a better explanation.
Tom

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Mitochondrial-Eve is defined as having zero mutations.

Where on earth did you pull that piece of obvious garbage from?

Have you heard the expression "Mitochondrial Clock"? It means following. The farther into the past, the less mutated the humankind was. And the mathematical limit when there are no mutations in humankind is called Mitochondrial-Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam (see peer-review references in Wikipedia). Why monkeys have not passed mutations to Mitochondrial Eve?

The Mitochondrial Eve is basically the severely mutated monkey. Then why is the Mitochondrial Eve the zero mutation limit?

I have no clue what you have been reading, but I can tell it was nonsense. Either that, or you managed to completely misunderstand it.

What you said in this OP is simply nonsense from start to finish.

This isn't even fit for the category of "wrong".
Rather, it's shelved in the category of "not even wrong".

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Mitochondrial-Eve is defined as having zero mutations. Have you heard the expression "Mitochondrial Clock"? It means following. The farther into the past, the less mutated the humankind was. And the mathematical limit when there are no mutations in humankind is called Mitochondrial-Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam (see peer-review references in Wikipedia). Why monkeys have not passed mutations to Mitochondrial Eve?

Is there quote from peer-reviewed paper? Or are you trying to make own explanation?