• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

questfortruth

Mitochondrial-Eve is defined as having zero mutations. Have you heard the expression "Mitochondrial Clock"? It means following. The farther into the past, the less mutated the humankind was. And the mathematical limit when there are no mutations in humankind is called Mitochondrial-Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam (see peer-review references in Wikipedia). Why monkeys have not passed mutations to Mitochondrial Eve?

The Mitochondrial Eve is basically the severely mutated monkey. Then why is the Mitochondrial Eve the zero mutation limit?

questfortruth

None of this is correct. Do your homework and try again.
You are showing the negative emotion, which is called "scientific scepticism".
What is scepticism and how it is different from logic? It is a negative emotion like this: "Nobel Commitee can not find flaws in Einstein's E=mc^2 derivation, but we have strong persistent feeling, that there is something wrong with his derivation of E=mc^2. That's why we grant Einstein no Second Nobel Prize."

PruePhillip

Mitochondrial-Eve is defined as having zero mutations. Have you heard the expression "Mitochondrial Clock"? It means following. The farther into the past, the less mutated the humankind was. And the mathematical limit when there are no mutations in humankind is called Mitochondrial-Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam (see peer-review references in Wikipedia). Why monkeys have not passed mutations to Mitochondrial Eve?

The Mitochondrial Eve is basically the severely mutated monkey. Then why is the Mitochondrial Eve the zero mutation limit?

I can't begin to understand what this is about.
Who defined "mitochondrial Eve" as having zero mutations?
What is a mutation? Every single gene, every single genetic
base pair is, in a sense, a "mutation" of something which
came earlier.
And what have monkeys got to do with humans? No-one
says humans come from monkeys.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

Source please.

Altfish

Veteran Member

I think you need to understand what a mutation is ...

In fiction, mutations are normally bad, but in real life they can also be good or benign.

I'm going to assume you are male, I apologise if you are female, just transpose the gender items in what i say next.
Are you the same as your father? Exactly the same?
No, you are not, you may be taller, have larger ears, smaller nose, etc. These are all mutations.
All off-spring have mutations.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Say what? Not a single point is accurate. Do you really think this way naturally or did you take lessons?

questfortruth

@questfortruth,

If you want to believe this stuff, that’s your prerogative. I have no problem with that.

But I am curious... Why is important for you to attempt to make others believe it?
My name sounds "Quest For Truth" for my God is Truth, and the Spirit of Truth is my God. I feel good, when good people in RF try to help me to get things right in my head, thanks.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
No. mEve is a baseline. She had mutations from all previous generations and previous species, but she's set as the baseline for modern homo sapiens.

It's like taking the road from San Diego to Los Angeles. It's a road all the way in between, the 5 freeway.. Now, if you stop in Orange County and reset your distance counter on the car, it doesn't mean the road between San Diego and Orange County suddenly disappear and is now only rocks and mountains. It's still there, but you just set a new starting point, a new baseline from where you count the miles.

Because she would have the most common DNA with modern human, while earlier individuals would have more divergent genes. It's basically a convergence point of genetic material. It's not she didn't have mutations, but rather we share the same mutations as her.

I'm just going to jump over some of this stuff and state that we don't come from monkeys, nor is that what evolution states. So your premise is wrong on that point, and really your question then becomes moot as you're trying to debate something that really isn't there.

Audie

Veteran Member
My name sounds "Quest For Truth" for my God is Truth, and the Spirit of Truth is my God. I feel good, when good people in RF try to help me to get things right in my head, thanks.

We hope your Quest will some day extend to doing a bit
of work on your own.

questfortruth

No. mEve is a baseline. She had mutations from all previous generations and previous species, but she's set as the baseline for modern homo sapiens.

It's like taking the road from San Diego to Los Angeles. It's a road all the way in between, the 5 freeway.. Now, if you stop in Orange County and reset your distance counter on the car, it doesn't mean the road between San Diego and Orange County suddenly disappear and is now only rocks and mountains. It's still there, but you just set a new starting point, a new baseline from where you count the miles.

Because she would have the most common DNA with modern human, while earlier individuals would have more divergent genes. It's basically a convergence point of genetic material. It's not she didn't have mutations, but rather we share the same mutations as her.
Is there quote from peer-reviewed paper? Or are you trying to make own explanation?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Mitochondrial-Eve is defined as having zero mutations.
Not even close.

"In human genetics, the Mitochondrial Eve (also mt-Eve, mt-MRCA) is the matrilineal most recent common ancestor (MRCA) of all living humans, i.e., the most recent woman from whom all living humans descend in an unbroken line purely through their mothers and through the mothers of those mothers, back until all lines converge on one woman."
Source: Wikipedia