• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monkey Pox?????????????????

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
New virus to be concerned with? I read it was not nearly spread as easily as Covid. What I have heard and read is that it is out of Africa, there are a few cases in the US, we have one in Massachusetts, and one or more in Canada. It is related to Smallpox virus. But not nearly as contagious. That it is also spread through male intimacy with male.
As long as people don't go bonkers insane and start panic shuttering people out of their business and incomes, I'm fine.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The world is not about you. It is about me. ;)
It's about power and control over others. Take care of your own self and well being. Others are not your compulsary responsibility.

Not that this virus will result in such stupid moronic measures again anyways, so its kind of a nothingburger.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Only if I have a Swiss bank account first.

Here it is a simple as it can be done. You are not alone in the world. You are in a common world with other individuals.
Some overdo the individual part. Some overdo the common part. Some try to figure out what is relevant in a given context, the common or the individual.
But none of these are true. They are just good or bad by different evaluations.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
. It is all opinion and I have proof of that. ;)
:D
Feels good, doesn't it, to have proof?

This God challenge is intriguing & genius

For Millenia people think, debate and argue
And still they haven't given verifiable proof

Even those with IQ > 180 couldn't figure it out, or at least didn't share their solution
(at least I couldn't find it with Google)

More amazing it is, that people with lower IQ still try to figure this one out on themself

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
:D
Feels good, doesn't it, to have proof?

This God challenge is intriguing & genius

For Millenia people think, debate and argue
And still they haven't given verifiable proof

Even those with IQ > 180 couldn't figure it out, or at least didn't share their solution
(at least I couldn't find it with Google)

More amazing it is, that people with lower IQ still try to figure this one out on themself

Well, I like contradictory claims. That is the absurd side of me being a skeptic. The most general tool of a skeptic is reductio ad absurdum in the broad sense.
In short, when you have found out what is absurd, the rest is what works and sometimes absurd works. Absurd, right? :D

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Well, I like contradictory claims. That is the absurd side of me being a skeptic. The most general tool of a skeptic is reductio ad absurdum in the broad sense.
In short, when you have found out what is absurd, the rest is what works and sometimes absurd works. Absurd, right? :D
Not strange at all to me
Absurd has kind of grown on me

Sai Baba had me do absurd things (besides the absurd things I usually do)

Gave me lots of sugar to cure diabetes (warning, don't do this...Avatars can do such stunts, usually humans better don't)

He had me fast very extreme, to cure my fanaticism (giving me a challenge, being just too much to do for me). Also, better don't do that, it can get one killed

He had me do things, I am not even allowed to put on RF...all to get rid of fears and what not. Did work miracles for me, and were interesting experiences, mostly after I finished (horror sometimes when in the middle of His challenges)

I never had a dull moment when being with my Master, but I am a very enthusiastic student, and I always was. Loved to go to school. My mother had to stop me, when I was too sick, I just wanted to go

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Gravitas: Why did the Wuhan Lab take a database of "22,000 virus samples" offline?

To feed right wing conspiracy nuts some red meat?