• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

monk & his *views on euthanasia .

vinny12

I feel kinda sick to my stomach of what this monks preaches about Euthanasia, the monk is wrong.

If a old person decided to die peacefully who was in pain, what is wrong with that?. The dreamy cozy feeling you get is basically exiting the electricity state of being human, go deepy and there is pure beauty

I personally don't like the abortion of down syndrome babies in Iceland for example 99-100%.
Having and caring for babies with learning problems teaches real love and respect, purity.

Abortion is good because of the childbirth and the chances of the baby growing up and going crazy...
Should there be a scanner if the baby does something bad in its life?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Religions that place suffering on a pedestal make me sick. Yeah, a person terminally ill with cancer in a hospice who has lost their mind due to the powerful opioid painkillers they're on is certainly experiencing "enlightenment". (Yes, those people in hospices are all drugged out of their minds because of the pain they're in.) What garbage. It's easy to speak such crap when you're healthy and not experiencing it. Suffering-worshippers need to keep their opinions to themselves about assisted suicide.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I feel kinda sick to my stomach of what this monks preaches about Euthanasia, the monk is wrong.
Viscerally I am not affected. He actually thinks that its work every last second of there is a tiny chance that someone will stop clinging. I don't understand it, but Ok. He's just expressing an opinion, and nobody is going to change their minds just because of his opinion.

I think sometimes a person is in so much pain then they tend to lose their ability to let go of it. I'd recommend some kind of pain relief.

At bottom there is something of value here, and its that pain is actually one of many distractions. People have been known to train themselves to ignore it. It can be done, and he sounds like he's one of those people who have learned to ignore pain. I'm sure its very nice.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I distrust any person and/or domestic animal that professes to speak for an entire religion. "What is the Buddhist stance on euthanasia?" How can he possibly believe he is qualified to speak for millions of people? Was this guy Jerry Falwell in a former life?

vinny12

Viscerally I am not affected. He actually thinks that its work every last second of there is a tiny chance that someone will stop clinging. I don't understand it, but Ok. He's just expressing an opinion, and nobody is going to change their minds just because of his opinion.

I think sometimes a person is in so much pain then they tend to lose their ability to let go of it. I'd recommend some kind of pain relief.

At bottom there is something of value here, and its that pain is actually one of many distractions. People have been known to train themselves to ignore it. It can be done, and he sounds like he's one of those people who have learned to ignore pain. I'm sure its very nice.
So would that monk drink a bottle of bleach?
So would that monk stand up and say he wants to teleport to 3rd world and give childbirth and get burned alive and end all his monk teachings

Human beings are just balls of electricity. Very sad what we are. We are boiling millions of dogs 24/7 in China....

Free injections of Morphine should be a option like going into a sweet shop or trying a new bed and in the future people will most likely remove any suffering with AI...

vinny12

Female genital mutilation -> UNICEF estimated in 2016 that 200 million women living today in 30 countries—27 African countries, Indonesia, Iraqi Kurdistan and Yemen—have undergone the procedures ....

pffffffffffff

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I couldn't make it to two minutes.

I did note that he wears glasses. Why are we indulging his desire to see, when his body was meant not to? I don't think we should indulge his desire to be released from his suffering from impaired vision. [/sarcasm]

He's entitled to his views, but I find it in bad form to call his views "how Buddhism views euthanasia", especially in light of the fact that there are varying opinions on voluntary euthanasia in the Buddhist community.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
So would that monk drink a bottle of bleach?
So would that monk stand up and say he wants to teleport to 3rd world and give childbirth and get burned alive and end all his monk teachings
That's fine for you to think about monks, but I'm saying that this person is not causing any deaths by saying what he has. He's not inciting hatred nor causing anyone to die. He really is saying what he thinks. It doesn't affect me.

Human beings are just balls of electricity. Very sad what we are. We are boiling millions of dogs 24/7 in China....

Free injections of Morphine should be a option like going into a sweet shop or trying a new bed and in the future people will most likely remove any suffering with AI...
My opinion about suffering is that you need at least a little to count as a human being. If you take away all of suffering I think what is left will just be someone who is asleep, and they'll lose all sense of reality.

Euthanasia is a gray area. I don't expect people to agree about it. Of course we aren't all going to agree about it.

vinny12

That's fine for you to think about monks, but I'm saying that this person is not causing any deaths by saying what he has. He's not inciting hatred nor causing anyone to die. He really is saying what he thinks. It doesn't affect me.

My opinion about suffering is that you need at least a little to count as a human being. If you take away all of suffering I think what is left will just be someone who is asleep, and they'll lose all sense of reality.

Euthanasia is a gray area. I don't expect people to agree about it. Of course we aren't all going to agree about it.
Well bro lets get out together and shout some words for Euthanasia. Put up serenity posters or something...

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I demand don miguel ruiz to remove the disgusting ape spirit he gave me while don miguel ruiz is more of not only a coward but a useless useless useles

I’ll let him know.

But his literature on the Toltec philosophy has been quite useful to me. *shrugs*