• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monism or Dualism?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I wonder how many people would agree with this. I think it's very reasonable (obviously since I'm suggesting it) but it seems like it'd be common. The problem lies in whether it is dualistic or monistic, I personally think of it as monistic, but then again I'm no expert.

You can skip all these details explaining my reasoning if you couldn't care less to read it.

There are 3 specific things that I feel are greatly important to understand and practice to find the key to nature's blueprints.

1. De-Separation: Align oneself in the course of nature. We are all victims of this one illusion: The belief we are something above nature. The reality is, you're not. Anyone can notice this, but very few care to practice it. Nature as a whole is above us, it is in charge of all events. It only flows one way, the way it wants to. Keep in mind you are part of this flow, and it is a pointless waste of energy to try to fight nature's will to implant your own. We are part of nature, we do have a hand in its flow, as does all things that exist throughout spacetime, and so your control of it is very limited. Understand this, and be content with the things that happen. If you can change a bad situation, change it. If you can't, why let it disturb you? You will come to know you are part of God.

2. Preparing: Everything in existence is 100% determined by cause and effect. Nature has certain patterns to its actions, which we can use to our advantage of predictability. We can be prepared for the future if we understand the patterns of nature's behavior. We're not required to. But it is very helpful if you do.

3. Emotional Conquest: It is probably impossible, or at least near impossible, to lack emotions. But that's not what I'm applying. When I say conquest of emotion, I mean to be above emotions. For a fictional model of this, think of emotions as literal beings. They possess you, they control your actions because they override the Self's will. Putting the self above them, as in controlling your emotions. Understand that emotions can be changed at will, but the outside world that influences emotions will not change.

I believe that all things that exist have three states: the physical, the spiritual, and the mental. However, the last one can be lacking. The physical is imperfect and temporary, the spiritual is abstract and perfect, and the mental arises in conscious organisms which is just an illusion, at the same time, it's the biggest infuence on your perspective of the world.

But these different states of existence isn't exactly dualism because; they are One, God. All of existence is God, on every plane. From God's plane, the physical is permanent and simply is rearranging. The spiritual is the direct path to God.

Te illusion limits our ability to experience the spiritual side - an abstract and perfect idea. (refer to Plato's ideas of "form" from Theory of Form). We will continue to dwell in this imperfect reality, reliving the same tragedies over and over... Why? Because living creatures, most of the time, have trouble letting go. This is the only state of existence we directly interact with: the physical. Until you denounce your worldly desires, you'll live in this materialistic world. But when you finally are able to accomplish such an inspiring feat, you will finally be able to be free, and to experience all sides of existence as God, for that's who we all are.

Shouldn't we consider that while there is another state of existence, there is still only one existence? Isn't that the only thing needed to be considered?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Shouldn't we consider that while there is another state of existence, there is still only one existence? Isn't that the only thing needed to be considered?
If existence is a state, then it is only one - it's the state, existence. To refer to these other states as if they were existence - physical, spiritual, mental - is to be looking at something other than the state of existence. It's to be looking at those other states.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
But when you finally are able to accomplish such an inspiring feat, you will finally be able to be free, and to experience all sides of existence as God, for that's who we all are.
In monism, the concept of God is a non-starter. You are you and what constitutes you is the same as what constitutes any other thing living or non-living.

2. Preparing: Everything in existence is 100% determined by cause and effect. Nature has certain patterns to its actions, which we can use to our advantage of predictability. We can be prepared for the future if we understand the patterns of nature's behavior. We're not required to. But it is very helpful if you do.
This comes from a natural thinker, not someone spiritually grounded. cause and effect can be manipulated. What is natural for one person is not natural for another. predictions can be misled and misguided. Christianity explains something called intervention which happens to be a personal thing and operates personally.