• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monism & dualism

Almustafa

God as described in monism... is that there is only the one true God, the whole absolute...
duelist, monotheist for example; believe in a God separate & above nature

Dualist say "there is nothing equal to God", the monist says "what is there apart from God"

dualist say; "it is blasphemy to say 'i am God' "
monist say; "it is blasphemy to say 'i am not God' "

sometimes a monist speaks as though there is duality in reality, this is to avoid unnecessary conflict...
a great Sufi Saint(mystic islam) once proclaimed " under these garments there is nothing but Allah"
they killed him as a heretic.

God being ever expanding, all encompassing life of all, the substratum revealed after the negation of all things, complete & full, could never fit into any form, God being without form or even formlessness has no face, eyes, ears, hands, feet, or anything else, yet comprises them all utterly & completely giving them all life

after realizing God as all things, realize the self as God and merge forever into God...
thus does the body live out the rest of its days as the embodiment of God, bliss, and revelation...

& Jesus said "Me & my father are one."

Last edited:

Dhyana

The cosmological argument for the existence of God posits a Prime Mover or uncaused cause which started the universe

Scientists and atheists can't wrap their head around that and say it still involves a presupposition which it tries to avoid. "Uncaused" opens a door to any presupposition you want. Such as a Big Bang of something presupposed. But according to Einstein, space and time commenced after the Big Bang. To speak of what "existed" "before" the Big Bang is therefore meaningless. Logically, can be no "before" time nor can anything " exist" outside of Space and time. The best that can be said is no thing or nothing. So that something, the universe , came out of nothing , and God, strictly speaking does not exist. Trying to conceive nothing is impossible, as ANY concept, god , Allah, prime mover, etc even nothing or void is a thing. So this void is source of all, and didn't didn't "disappear" when the universe came into being. Indeed, the universe, is how void appears As the Buddha said in the Heart Sutra "void is form and form is void". Void is (appears as) form , form is (consists of) void. They are not-two.