• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mom's stroke

Viker

Häxan
Got her moved into a regular room. She was in there 10 minutes and went to sleep. I guess that's my cue to go home for the day.

Apple Sugar

Got her moved into a regular room. She was in there 10 minutes and went to sleep. I guess that's my cue to go home for the day.
At least she can rest now in a room. Hopefully , since you said this is a regular room, she'll have privacy for a time without a roommate moving in.
Get some rest and take care of yourself too. You need to be strong for your mom. :hug:
God bless you both with healing and strength.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

I was visiting hospital to see my wife for a few months this year.

What with doing routine jobs, looking after all the animals, working most mornings etc and then going to the hospital in London, I found that I was slowly getting weaker.

The one thing that my wife wanted was for me to be able to keep going, and keep myself, her little home and pets safe.

So........... keep well and strong yourself, so that your Mom can see that you are safe..... that will reassure her more than most anything else. :)

Apple Sugar

Can't sleep. Maybe too much coffee? I told mom about you guys. Almost forgot to say hi and thanks from her.
Aww. :) :hug: Sending gentle hugs to your mom. "Hi, Viker's mom!" Continuing to pray for you both. I read where you said she can only have soup to eat. That's understandable. Her body needs to recover. Not work at digesting heavy foods.
Sounds like she's doing well with your love and attention and the good doctors helping her.
Looking forward to updates on her steady progress. God be with you both.

Viker

Häxan
She's improving and resting well. Her speaking is softer and slower than usual and she's having a tough time with her legs. We may move her to a rehab center Fri or Sat.

Apple Sugar

Rehab is vital. Just as an aside, acupuncture, which I love as a personal health staple, is very affective for stroke recovery.

(The Stroke Foundation - article link)

I hate needles. But with acupuncture you don't feel a thing. So no worries there. :) (HUGS) God bless you and your mother. May she continue to improve. I look forward to your updates.