• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mold me into your perfect proselyte

Frog

Cult of Kek.
I want each person to turn me into the ideal human that you want yourself to be.

Write a list of all qualities that I would need to become this perfect being in your imperfect world.

Starting from age zero.

GoodbyeDave

Follow the behaviour expected of you in your culture: what the Hindu's would call your dharma.

Think rationally: as much damage is done by people who claim to be doing the right thing on the basis of some unproven assumption or other as by those who act selfishly.

Sanzbir

I want each person to turn me into the ideal human that you want yourself to be.

Write a list of all qualities that I would need to become this perfect being in your imperfect world.

Starting from age zero.

World's already perfect, and all you have to do is to fully realize your inherent perfection.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Starting from age zero.
Use you for bait to catch a fish.

Jim

Nets of Wonder

Starting from age zero.

I’m not sure that I can help you find what you’re looking for, but I’m not sure that I can’t, so I’ll give you what I have. I think that the best thing that can happen to anyone, and what the world needs most of all, for human progress and to right the wrongs and repair the damage, is people learning to love, trust and follow Bahá’u’lláh. One way you might be able to investigate that for yourself is by experimenting with learning to follow Him.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Is there any such thing as the perfect person? It takes all different kinds of people to make the world go around.

I would hope you would have enough empathy and sense of justice to form a working conscience rather than be a sociopath. Other than that, be your own unique snowflake in a world of unique snowflakes.

You must be as perfect as the Lord Jesus Christ (as God Himself) for you to enter His holy heaven. With man it is impossible. But God has elected many to salvation and Christ has died for these, so they are now freed from the curse of the law (death) which was due unto them for their transgression of God's Holy Law. By Christ's death, by His one offering for sin, He has perfected forever them that are sanctified. God's people are sanctified by the Holy Spirit, set apart as Christ's people, because He died for them. They are no more under condemnation but have passed from death unto life. Christ has purged their sins. The Law has no more to say against them. In God's sight they have no more sin, but are spotless and pure as Christ Himself. Because His righteousness they wear as a robe. Their record is clean. Thanks to the Lord Jesus.

New Not even Christianity teaches that. God forgives, for he is merciful when we repent. He casts our sins into the sea and remembers them no more.
Yes, Christianity does indeed teach that you must be as perfect as the Lord Jesus Christ to enter God's holy heaven. First of all, you are lowering God's standard to suggest otherwise. This teaching I have set forth establishes the law of God, by contending that God alone is righteous. I did not say that we ourselves can make ourselves righteous. But God imputes the righteousness of Christ to those that believe. Nevertheless this perfect righteousness is required. Yet it can only be received by faith and not as it were by the works of the law, for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Yes, Christianity does indeed teach that you must be as perfect as the Lord Jesus Christ to enter God's holy heaven. First of all, you are lowering God's standard to suggest otherwise. This teaching I have set forth establishes the law of God, by contending that God alone is righteous. I did not say that we ourselves can make ourselves righteous. But God imputes the righteousness of Christ to those that believe. Nevertheless this perfect righteousness is required. Yet it can only be received by faith and not as it were by the works of the law, for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Imputed righteousness is not the same thing as being perfect. It is in fact a kind of white wash, painting over the rust and mold. It's not real. The truth is that Christians are just as imperfect as everyone else.