• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mohammed in the Bible

Islam

Mohammed was a false prophet? Yes thats why he was harrased for more than 20 years and yet he still preached. Thats why when the non Muslims said to him:
“...If you want money, we will collect enough money for you so that you will be the richest one of us. If you want leadership, we will take you as our leader and never decide on any matter without your approval. If you want a kingdom, we will crown you king over us...” Only one concession was required from Muhammad
salla.jpg
in return for that, to give up calling people to Islam. Did he do it? (keep in mind these are the same people who have tried killing him more than 10 times)

Did he do it? What did he say?

{I swear by the name of God, O Uncle!, that if they place the sun in my right-hand and the moon in my left-hand in return for giving up this matter (calling people to Islam), I will never desist until either God makes it triumph or I perish defending it.}

Mujahid Mohammed

BruceDLimber said:
Try "ceases."

And this is only true in your opinions.

Other religionists, including both Christians and Baha'is, disagree that the Biblical message has disappeared....

Peace,

Bruce
Some remains but the majority is lost and there is no way to tell what is from Allah and Jesus and what is from the Romans. Any alteration from the original is no longer the original. Many scholars of Christianity would strongly disagree. The list of them and there evidence is many

Mujahid Mohammed

Snowbear said:
Hmmmm.... You're right - the Bible does mention Muhammed :eek:...
Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ! Or, There! Do not believe it.
24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders; so much so that, if it were possible, they would deceive even the elect.
25 Behold, I have told you beforehand.
26 Therefore if they shall say to you, Behold, He is in the desert! Do not go out. Behold, He is in the secret rooms! Do not believe it.

Mark 13:21 And then if anyone shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ! Or, lo, there! Do not believe him.
22 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give miraculous signs and wonders in order to seduce, if possible, even the elect.
23 But take heed; behold, I have told you all things beforehand.

2Peter 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who secretly will bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing on themselves swift destruction.
2 And many will follow their pernicious ways, and because of them the way of truth will be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness they will use you for gain with well-turned words; for whom judgment from of old does not linger, and their destruction does not sleep.

When did Muhammed ever claim to be Christ. He only testified of him and told his people to worship Allah. He told his people the story of Jesus and his blessed mother Mary. Why would an arab and enemy to the jews go out of his way to tell his people the mother of their enemy(Mary) is the greatest women ever created. Read John 16 about how he comes.

gnostic

The Lost One
As I had stated in Mose's New Prophet, I believed that Deuteronomy passage referred to Joshua, Moses' successor. Moses being an Israelite and them still being in the wilderness at Moses' death, God's covenant to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is still unfulfilled (that his descendants will receive Canaan as their land and home). A new leader and prophet had to lead the surviving Israelites into Canaan, and that's why I believe it was Joshua, and not some distant figures like Jesus, Muhammad or Joseph Smith.

A prophet would be chosen among them, seemed to refer that the new prophet was already standing before Moses, when he announce.

Mujahid Mohammed

gnostic said:
As I had stated in Mose's New Prophet, I believed that Deuteronomy passage referred to Joshua, Moses' successor. Moses being an Israelite and them still being in the wilderness at Moses' death, God's covenant to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is still unfulfilled (that his descendants will receive Canaan as their land and home). A new leader and prophet had to lead the surviving Israelites into Canaan, and that's why I believe it was Joshua, and not some distant figures like Jesus, Muhammad or Joseph Smith.

A prophet would be chosen among them, seemed to refer that the new prophet was already standing before Moses, when he announce.
the verse says from among there bretheren also no ohter prophet will come out of Israel like moses read Deut. 34:10

Mujahid Mohammed

Snowbear said:
In John 16, Jesus is speaking of His upcoming crucifiction, resurrection and His own return.
In verse 16:7-14 he does not mention crucifiction, or resurrection. He said he was going to leave and someone would come after him. This spirit of truth. Who is referred to as HE. There is an excellent chapter in a book I have on this giving many examples I will post it insha Allah if you would like. Because this is just one example there are many. The major events of Muhammed's life are in the bible.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
how can one use the bible as prooftext for Mohammed's validity as a Prophet if Islam holds that the Torah and the Gospels are wrong, changed and/or incomplete??

if the prooftext is tainted or wrong then it is invalid as proof, yes?

Mujahid Mohammed

jewscout said:
how can one use the bible as prooftext for Mohammed's validity as a Prophet if Islam holds that the Torah and the Gospels are wrong, changed and/or incomplete??

if the prooftext is tainted or wrong then it is invalid as proof, yes?
you are correct, but we use the Quran to compare. for it is the truth from Allah affirming what is with them. The bible says in Isaiah 43:10 "Ye are my witnesses saith the Logn and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me. and understand that I [am] he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour. - we believe this to be true. But the bible says in John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his begotten son - We believe this to be false why the Quran says in in Surah Ihklas.

The bible has some truth in it. It would be very difficult to get that many people to believe in something if all of it were lies. there is some, and one must find the uncorrupted text to get to the bottom line. Remeber Deception is at its best when you are given 99% truth and 1% percent lie. Either way it is still a lie. and you need the absolute to discern the truth from the falsehood

jewscout

Religious Zionist
The bible has some truth in it. It would be very difficult to get that many people to believe in something if all of it were lies. there is some, and one must find the uncorrupted text to get to the bottom line. Remeber Deception is at its best when you are given 99% truth and 1% percent lie. Either way it is still a lie. and you need the absolute to discern the truth from the falsehood

however if jewish interpretation of their own text differs from that of the muslim interpretation then which is the correct one?

i can read the same text and come to a much different conclusion than you about it's meaning and message.

for example, i would say that the Torah is not necessarily a universal message but one geared specifically toward Bnei Yisrael...so in Deut. 18:18-19 i would say that the prophets being spoken of there, coming from their "bretheren", is talking about coming out of Bnei Yisrael, which Muhammed was not from.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Mujahid Mohammed said:
In verse 16:7-14 he does not mention crucifiction, or resurrection. He said he was going to leave and someone would come after him. This spirit of truth. Who is referred to as HE.
Your religion's interpretations of the Bible are not correct.

The ONE Jesus spoke of Who was being sent after Him is the Holy Spirit, who is even now our Spirit of Truth, teacher and comforter.

gnostic

The Lost One
Snowbear said:

No, they are not.

Nor is the Christian ones correct, in regarding to the interpretation of the Old Testament.

I am afraid that Christians and Muslims are in the same boat, when it comes to misleading interpretations and employing the use of propaganda for their own religions.

gnostic

The Lost One
Seriously, though, Snowbear.

Why do you think Jewish interpretations of the OT is different from that of Christian interpretations? Some are the same, but where it deal with Jesus, the Jewish intepretations really don't agree with yours.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
gnostic said:
Why do you think Jewish interpretations of the OT is different from that of Christian interpretations? Some are the same, but where it deal with Jesus, the Jewish intepretations really don't agree with yours.
AFAIK (which *could* be incorrect, as I'm not as familiar with the Jewish interpretations as I am with my own), the Christians and Jews pretty much agree on the OT prophesies of the coming Messiah. The disagreement is about Jesus Himself... Christians believe he IS the Messiah. Jews do not and are still awaiting the prophesied Messiah.

Mujahid Mohammed

Snowbear said:

The ONE Jesus spoke of Who was being sent after Him is the Holy Spirit, who is even now our Spirit of Truth, teacher and comforter.
This is according to you. You see this is the problem. You interpret it one way, the Catholics another, the Protestants another, the JW another, LSD etc. And you all read from the "holy bible". There is no criterion of truth for you are taking it from someone elses interpretation. Not to mention in the beginning the bible was broken up into pieces each gospel supported by a different group of christians with a different interpretation. The "unknown" scribes have been proven through study of the text that words, phrases meanings have been changed to suit their purposes. You can say my interpretation is wrong but isn't this what all Christians are fighting about.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
I challenge you to find a Christian who interprets that passage in John as the coming of Muhammed rather than the Holy Spirit. :rolleyes:

gnostic

The Lost One
Mujahid Mohammed said:
This is according to you. You see this is the problem. You interpret it one way, the Catholics another, the Protestants another, the JW another, LSD etc. And you all read from the "holy bible".
But I also think Muhammad's and all Muslims interpretations are wrong too, especially where you see links to Muhammad in the OT of the bible that are not there. The prophecies that are Islam listed here are nothing more than self-promotion of your prophet. I don't see genuine understanding of OT passages from Muslims, or I see is propaganda, just as I see Christians trying to promote Jesus in the so-called prophecies.

As to the NT, I see more of this same self-promotion by taking the texts out of context of what Jesus said in John's gospels. The idea that you are stating the Holy Spirit (ie Comforter or Spirit of Truth) is Muhammad is interpetation that Muslims would only agree on.

I don't believe in any spirit or miracle because I see no proof of ones, but I do see when people are manipulating the texts for their own interpretations by both Christians or Muslims. And that is all it is - your interpretation. All quotes that islam had quoted here, can have many different interpretations because they only grabbed a few vague verses, then put whatever meaning you wish.

I can easily use islam's verses and interpret it in my own way that these verses from the books of Deuteronomy and Isaiah in regarding to the prophecised prophet as Satan or the Fairy Godmother if I so wish to....and quite convincingly too, I might add.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
gnostic said:
I can easily use islam's verses and interpret it in my own way that these verses from the books of Deuteronomy and Isaiah in regarding to the prophecised prophet as Satan or the Fairy Godmother if I so wish to....and quite convincingly too, I might add.
I couldn't agree more Storytelling aGnostic! Your position seems to me to be completely reasonable, then again, conversations like this do not have very much to do with reason in the first place.

gnostic

The Lost One
YmirGF said:
Your position seems to me to be completely reasonable, then again, conversations like this do not have very much to do with reason in the first place.
So basically what you are saying that I am talking to myself?

So, how do I get their attentions?

:slap:

Oh, I see. Can I use my shovel? :)

:no:

Well...OK. :(