• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mohammed and Slavery

Mike.Hester

With this new neo BLM campaign now a global phenomena and witnessing the destruction of statues of historical slave owners (Winston was not a slave holder), have the anarchist forgotten that the leader of the religion of peace owned slaves? Moreover, the leader of the religious of peace was also caught committing adultery with one of his slaves. Additional, the leader of the religion of peace surely used vile language to describe to describe black people. Should the religion of peace be subject to the same scrutiny?

Criticism of Muhammad - Wikipedia

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
With this new neo BLM campaign now a global phenomena and witnessing the destruction of statues of historical slave owners (Winston was not a slave holder), have the anarchist forgotten that the leader of the religion of peace owned slaves? Moreover, the leader of the religious of peace was also caught committing adultery with one of his slaves. Additional, the leader of the religion of peace surely used vile language to describe to describe black people. Should the religion of peace be subject to the same scrutiny?

Why focus on if Muhammad had slaves. If you look closly you see all cultures at that time did have slaves, vikings in north of Europe had slaves, greeks had slaves, why so surprise that pre islam and some muslim people had slaves.

Or are you just out to smear more ungly words about prophet Muhammad?

Mike.Hester

Why focus on if Muhammad had slaves. If you look closly you see all cultures at that time did have slaves, vikings in north of Europe had slaves, greeks had slaves, why so surprise that pre islam and some muslim people had slaves.

Or are you just out to smear more ungly words about prophet Muhammad?
You are correct concerning the history. I am not smearing anyone, I have quoted directly from the Hadith and Koran. My suggestion, read these verses and then tell me, Is this the work of god?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Founding Fathers and Slaveholders | History | Smithsonian Magazine

Jefferson owned slaves. He did not believe that all were created equal. He was a racist, incapable of rising above the thought of his time and place, and willing to profit from slave labor.

Few of us entirely escape our times and places. Thomas Jefferson did not achieve greatness in his personal life. He had a slave as mistress. He lied about it. He once tried to bribe a hostile reporter. His war record was not good. He spent much of his life in intellectual pursuits in which he excelled and not enough in leading his fellow Americans toward great goals by example. Jefferson surely knew slavery was wrong, but he didn’t have the courage to lead the way to emancipation. If you hate slavery and the terrible things it did to human beings, it is difficult to regard Jefferson as great. He was a spendthrift, always deeply in debt. He never freed his slaves. Thus the sting in Dr. Samuel Johnson’s mortifying question, "How is it that we hear the loudest yelps for liberty from the drivers of Negroes?"

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Islamic sharia law accepted (and accepts) slavery, as did other legal systems of ancient times such as Roman law, Hebrew law, Byzantine Christian law, African customary law and Hindu law.

And slavery under Islam was quite different than slavery under Christianity:

BBC - Religions - Islam: Slavery in Islam

In his lifetime the Prophet introduced the following rules about slavery: Stated that freeing slaves was the act that God found most acceptable
  • Stated that freeing a slave was the appropriate way to gain forgiveness for certain wrongs
  • Ordered that those who committed certain wrongs should be penalised by having to free their slaves
  • Stated that slaves should be allowed to buy their freedom, and if necessary should be given the opportunity to earn money, or be lent money by the state, in order to do so
  • Allowed slaves to be freed in certain circumstances
  • Stated that slaves' contracts should be interpreted in favour of the slaves
  • Stated that the duty of kindness towards slaves was the same of that towards family, neighbours and others
  • Stated that when a slave owner had a child with a female slave, the child should be freed and could inherit from their father like any other child (as in the case of Ibrahim)

Mike.Hester

Islamic sharia law accepted (and accepts) slavery, as did other legal systems of ancient times such as Roman law, Hebrew law, Byzantine Christian law, African customary law and Hindu law.

And slavery under Islam was quite different than slavery under Christianity:

BBC - Religions - Islam: Slavery in Islam

In his lifetime the Prophet introduced the following rules about slavery: Stated that freeing slaves was the act that God found most acceptable

• Stated that freeing a slave was the appropriate way to gain forgiveness for certain wrongs
    • Ordered that those who committed certain wrongs should be penalised by having to free their slaves
    • Stated that slaves should be allowed to buy their freedom, and if necessary should be given the opportunity to earn money, or be lent money by the state, in order to do so
    • Allowed slaves to be freed in certain circumstances
    • Stated that slaves' contracts should be interpreted in favour of the slaves
    • Stated that the duty of kindness towards slaves was the same of that towards family, neighbours and others
    • Stated that when a slave owner had a child with a female slave, the child should be freed and could inherit from their father like any other child (as in the case of Ibrahim)
Yes many our the founding fathers of the US were slave owners. But slavery still exist today is certain Islamic countries. Furthermore, when South and North America was discovered in 1492, the Arab Slave business caught on and would not diminish until after the American Civil war. Finally, what difference does it make what time period the prophet of peace lived, he was a slave owner!

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Islam like Christianity has never been perfect, slavery of history wasn't unique to them either,Aristotle said it was necessary,would you condemn Aristotle too?.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You are correct concerning the history. I am not smearing anyone, I have quoted directly from the Hadith and Koran. My suggestion, read these verses and then tell me, Is this the work of god?

No God him self should not be blamed for how human beings act, that is only we humans that should think about our self.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes many our the founding fathers of the US were slave owners. But slavery still exist today is certain Islamic countries. Furthermore, when South and North America was discovered in 1492, the Arab Slave business caught on and would not diminish until after the American Civil war. Finally, what difference does it make what time period the prophet of peace lived, he was a slave owner!
Business owners are todays slave owners. Just in somewhat more civil manner.
You should more say, why is there still slaves in our world, instead of single out Islam.

Last edited:
The islamophobia is transparent.

If Mike Hester was my slave, I'd treat him nicely, but I'd want to be able to trust him and that he hasn't spit in the sandwich he is giving me.

I think Mike Hester's body is useful, but his problem might be elsewhere. If I could eradicate Mike Hester's mind and replace it with one that is well pleased with a state of servitude to me, then it seems all might be well!

Mike, are you here from my invitation? A Foxy Fox who posted in the videos on Youtube? Welcome to the forum!

Can you cook?

King Phenomenon

I suppose anyone who has owned a slave would be subject to criticism.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
If Mike Hester was my slave, I'd treat him nicely, but I'd want to be able to trust him and that he hasn't spit in the sandwich he is giving me.

I think Mike Hester's body is useful, but his problem might be elsewhere. If I could eradicate Mike Hester's mind and replace it with one that is well pleased with a state of servitude to me, then it seems all might be well!

Mike, are you here from my invitation? A Foxy Fox who posted in the videos on Youtube? Welcome to the forum!

Can you cook?
Huh?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Finally, what difference does it make what time period the prophet of peace lived, he was a slave owner!

Abraham murdered his own son because God told him to do it. Rama believed his wife Sita was unfaithful because he listened to rumors. And if you read the BIble's OT, you find all sorts of things including a man who offered his virgin daughters to a crowd of men to rape. Human sacrifice was ordained and required by the gods including murdering children.

Slavery was nothing compared to these things especially the kind of slavery where the owners were told to treat their slaves kindly, where the slaves could buy their own freedom and so forth.

If you want to argue that the past was horrible and all those who lived then were horrible, be my guest.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

So what does Islam have to do with systematic racism in the USA and its police force? Nothing. Has Islam contributed to the USAs history of slavery and racism towards African-Americans? No. So why mention BLM and Islam together? Do you actually care about BLM? If you did, why would you be using it as a platform to bash Islam? If you want to bash Islam, just start another thread rehashing the usual anti-Islamic rhetoric. Don’t divert from the importance of BLM and undermine efforts to improve race relations in the USA and many other countries across the world.

Abraham murdered his own son because God told him to do it. Rama believed his wife Sita was unfaithful because he listened to rumors. And if you read the BIble's OT, you find all sorts of things including a man who offered his virgin daughters to a crowd of men to rape. Human sacrifice was ordained and required by the gods including murdering children.

Slavery was nothing compared to these things especially the kind of slavery where the owners were told to treat their slaves kindly, where the slaves could buy their own freedom and so forth.

If you want to argue that the past was horrible and all those who lived then were horrible, be my guest.

Ramathello

Mike, I have a better idea, and you'll feel a lot better too. Just embrace hatred and all your hate and be opened about it. Since you might naturally be a rather cowardish person, allow me to be open with my hatred and then you can follow in my footsteps to whatever degree you feel comfortable or even exceed me in being opened with your hatred. Oh, maybe later, I have to watch a cartoon about helping aliens out of oppressive Islamic rule (Voltron).

Mike.Hester

So what does Islam have to do with systematic racism in the USA and its police force? Nothing. Has Islam contributed to the USAs history of slavery and racism towards African-Americans? No. So why mention BLM and Islam together? Do you actually care about BLM? If you did, why would you be using it as a platform to bash Islam? If you want to bash Islam, just start another thread rehashing the usual anti-Islamic rhetoric. Don’t divert from the importance of BLM and undermine efforts to improve race relations in the USA and many other countries across the world.
Arab slave traders had a lot to do with American History. They provided the slaves to a middle man who transported and sold them to plantation owners. I find it amazing that no one has denied the fact the prophet of peace owned slaves. Why are statutes being dumped into waterways? Why are statutes of Winston Churchill being defaced? Why have we created a special status group which cannot be objectively criticised without fear of social reprisal?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Arab slave traders had a lot to do with American History. They provided the slaves to a middle man who transported and sold them to plantation owners. I find it amazing that no one has denied the fact the prophet of peace owned slaves. Why are statutes being dumped into waterways? Why are statutes of Winston Churchill being defaced? Why have we created a special status group which cannot be objectively criticised without fear of social reprisal?
Nobody here deny that slavery has existed and still do, so dont try to blame it on islam and prophet Muhammad like you do. Blasphemy is never ok, nor is racism.

Last edited: