• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

mohammed, 11 apostles and paul were false prophets ?

t3gah

according to the bible, everyone coming after jesus stating they were representatives of jesus or said they were contact with jesus were by jesus, false prophets.

the apostle paul stated he had a vision where jesus told him what to do after jesus ascended to heaven.

the other apostles also saw jesus walking on the road and on the shore of the sea of galilee after jesus stated many would come on the basis of his name after he left.

and then we have mohammed who stated that jesus was just a prophet and not really the son of god.

each instance above proves that the afore mentioned persons except jesus himself, were all false prophets by jesus definition in the new testament.

is that true?

yes.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
according to the bible, everyone coming after jesus stating they were representatives of jesus or said they were contact with jesus were by jesus, false prophets.
Never heard this one before.

DeepShadow

White Crow
t3gah said:
each instance above proves that the afore mentioned persons except jesus himself, were all false prophets by jesus definition in the new testament.
Where is this definition? Give us that and we can talk, but until then wll we have is your own interpretation.

ThisShouldMakeSense

yes, please show us the scripture you base that on. what he did say however was this, in Matthew 24:5:
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
as far as i know, he said nothing about ones representing him being false prophets...
also, Mathew 28:19,20 show Jesus telling his diciples to go a preach, ie, represent him. so if he commanded christians to preach, how could they also be false prophets, provided their teachings are true to his, that is?

jonny

I would be very interested in seeing the scriptures in the Bible where Christ made this statement. I could reference plenty that contradict your premise.