• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mohamed (PBUH) in the bible !!!

Mujahid Mohammed

glasgowchick said:
James 2:24 you see that by works you are Justified, and not by faith alone.
But does not Paul says a man is not justified by work only faith.
When analyzing Scripture, we follow basic rules of interpertation
Everyone's rules of interpretation are different I was always taught to take it in the context it is given, because all the bibles I read are in English now is someone tells me This is red or I or He went to the store, I take it as such. If you tell me Jesus is this and he is that but he never says it It is hard for me to believe it because he did not authorise any of these people in his ministry except for Barnabus and a few others. Alot of people say alot of things is this not true. So am I wrong in only listening to the words of Jesus. Because he is the only one to base any criterion of truth on. I do not know Paul, Timothy, Titus, Peter etc. and what I do know does not say much in terms of character now I am not judging them I only know what historians and the bible says. If these men ever contradict a statement made by Jesus or each other then I can only think either Jesus is lying or they are and I am never going to call Jesus a liar. And as I had asked before if Matthew wrote Matthew why is it in third person 9:9. Now it has always been to my understanding if Matthew wrote it and claimed authorship then it would be in 1st person as other people in the scripture such as Paul has done and others throughout time to the present. If he didn't who is this person telling the story for him and why does he not sign his name.

Ok now to try and answer some of your other questions..

Where does it say that Jesus is your personal saviour in the Scriptures, and is there a verse that says he will die for the sins of man and be crucified ?

I don't see a passage in Scripture where it is specifically stated that uses the phrase " Personal Savior " As Christains we except Him as our Lord and Saviour when we put Christ Jesus on In Baptism..

Isa 53 Tells us the He bore the sins of many, I believe all of Isa 53 is a prophecy reguarding Jesus suffering..
If Jesus did not say it I can not believe it because I only listen to him as should all christians we as Muslims only listen to God and the Messenger, and again I have to ask if God says in Hosea 6:6 he does not need sacrifice and Jesus himself says one only need to repent to God and I will check the verse unfortunately one of my Christian bretheren has my book of references and as soon as I see him I will get it back although I have ordered another copy. You should order it yourself it is called What did Jesus really say by Mishaal Ibn something I cannot remember when I get my book I will give you the title. back to what I was saying The verse in Isa53 says it pleased God to punish this person when God says he will never forsake any of his prophets. This is not and merciful God who is Self Existing and Self Sustaining God who wants nothing from noone except submission, heathen gods are the ones whos followers believe their Gods need sacrifices inorder to give them what they want. God just want man to follow his commandments as Jesus himself always said. To be by God keep the commandments of God. And if God is All Powerful couldn't you just ask him for forgiveness.

This would have to be a study on its own, but there are refferences of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit all being reffered to as God..
Forgive my ignorance but how can all of these individual entities be God and this is what I am having difficulty understanding. The scriptures say all these things are God but how is that possible. I have been asking my Christian bretheren how does God speak to himself and how does God die, and how does God not have control over his creation.When if All Powerful he has the ability to control everything if he willed

That is something I am not aware of, there has been many disputes reguarding the inspiration of the Scriptures [ 66 books ] cannoned as the Bible, so when I answer your question it is my own personal belief that All 66 books [ Scriptures ] where inspired of God..I believe in Scripture Only..
Again sister I must ask why are there disputes or confusion over what is inspired and what is not. Why has God not made it very clear to man in his book if the bible is his book. If they most learned Christians in Christiandom can not agree on what is the bible and what it says. how or why should I accept this unknown on faith alone. My salvation is far to valuable for me to gamble with it on an unknown or sure thing.

Jesus as Saviour [ Messiah ] told from the begining to the end of Scripture, Gods plan for man revealed and evidence given of its fulfilment, God Revered, Sin rebuked, Chaos to perfection seen, A hope for each individual to be made right with God, the Father, The creator, the One God.
If God is one God then why do my parents claim Trinity and they read the bible. The Father, The son, the Holy Ghost and these three are 1 John 5:7 I believe. This is just way to confusing. And also God said in Isa 41:10-11 besides him(besides God) THERE IS NO SAVIOUR

I am sorry I must apologize for my ignorance. As I said I do not dispute what the bible says my problem is it says things that contradict things it said earlier in one passsage. Am I to only accept the verses that support this dogma and that dogma and ignore the verses that contradict it. No one can agree amonst Christians and the bible is still ever evolving into someone's version of what is said. And whoever these 100's of different authors are because who ever they may be they sure did not sign their names to any of the documents and only men who really stand behind what is written sign their names as we do in Contracts or writing checks or books, letters, articles etc. You are correct in what you stated above but would you agree with some of the things I have stated and what is said in it. The problem I see is we cannot both be correct someone not you or I is lying to us and they won't even tell you who they are. Deception is the best when it is 99% falsehood and 1% lie. And if you mix any percentage of falsehood with truth is it still the truth. I am sorry please do not look at any of words as harsh. I am only trying to seek the truth and take whoever wants to come with me so we may discover it together. Because Allah tells us to question everything and verify if it is true and I do mean everything even things in our own religion as to what is said and not said. Again I apologize if my words are harsh I am trying to be as softspoken as possible and may you Allah and anyone else who reads this forgive me Insha Allah Look forward to our journey in discovery I hope you can learn from me as much as I have learned from you.

Jazakalahu khairon(may Allah reward you for the good)

Your Brother in Seeking Knowledge, Peace

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
But does Paul not say a man is not justified by work only faith
What seems to be a contridiction and Like you said we have to take things in context, Our faith is demotrated by works, faith without works is useless, faith without works is a dead faith, faith alone does not save, Our works are a compleat change of Heart to live Gods ways, there is no point to just believe and carry on in our sinful deeds, No we need to change our hearts and minds to God. If we didn't have faith then what would Gods commands matter, but it is because of our faith in Christ Jesus Alone we change our life. James said that the devil believes and trembles.It is not Good enough just to believe.
So am I wrong in listening to the words of Jesus
So are you saying you only listen to Jesus ? then please hear what Jesus is saying to all of us now, John 14:6 [ Jesus is speaking ] Jesus said " I am the Way, The Truth and the Life, No-one comes to the Father but through Me. John 10:1 [ Jesus speaking] Truely Truely I say to you, He who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, He is a thief and a robber..who is that door ? Jesus tells us in verse 10a, [ Jesus speaking ] I AM THE DOOR, If anyone Enters through Me He will be saved. Can you accept this Mujahid..
Mujahid Mohammed said:
But does not Paul says a man is not justified by work only faith.
Everyone's rules of interpretation are different I was always taught to take it in the context it is given, because all the bibles I read are in English now is someone tells me This is red or I or He went to the store, I take it as such. If you tell me Jesus is this and he is that but he never says it It is hard for me to believe it because he did not authorise any of these people in his ministry except for Barnabus and a few others. Alot of people say alot of things is this not true. So am I wrong in only listening to the words of Jesus. Because he is the only one to base any criterion of truth on. I do not know Paul, Timothy, Titus, Peter etc. and what I do know does not say much in terms of character now I am not judging them I only know what historians and the bible says. If these men ever contradict a statement made by Jesus or each other then I can only think either Jesus is lying or they are and I am never going to call Jesus a liar. And as I had asked before if Matthew wrote Matthew why is it in third person 9:9. Now it has always been to my understanding if Matthew wrote it and claimed authorship then it would be in 1st person as other people in the scripture such as Paul has done and others throughout time to the present. If he didn't who is this person telling the story for him and why does he not sign his name.

If Jesus did not say it I can not believe it because I only listen to him as should all christians we as Muslims only listen to God and the Messenger, and again I have to ask if God says in Hosea 6:6 he does not need sacrifice and Jesus himself says one only need to repent to God and I will check the verse unfortunately one of my Christian bretheren has my book of references and as soon as I see him I will get it back although I have ordered another copy. You should order it yourself it is called What did Jesus really say by Mishaal Ibn something I cannot remember when I get my book I will give you the title. back to what I was saying The verse in Isa53 says it pleased God to punish this person when God says he will never forsake any of his prophets. This is not and merciful God who is Self Existing and Self Sustaining God who wants nothing from noone except submission, heathen gods are the ones whos followers believe their Gods need sacrifices inorder to give them what they want. God just want man to follow his commandments as Jesus himself always said. To be by God keep the commandments of God. And if God is All Powerful couldn't you just ask him for forgiveness.

Forgive my ignorance but how can all of these individual entities be God and this is what I am having difficulty understanding. The scriptures say all these things are God but how is that possible. I have been asking my Christian bretheren how does God speak to himself and how does God die, and how does God not have control over his creation.When if All Powerful he has the ability to control everything if he willed

Again sister I must ask why are there disputes or confusion over what is inspired and what is not. Why has God not made it very clear to man in his book if the bible is his book. If they most learned Christians in Christiandom can not agree on what is the bible and what it says. how or why should I accept this unknown on faith alone. My salvation is far to valuable for me to gamble with it on an unknown or sure thing.

If God is one God then why do my parents claim Trinity and they read the bible. The Father, The son, the Holy Ghost and these three are 1 John 5:7 I believe. This is just way to confusing. And also God said in Isa 41:10-11 besides him(besides God) THERE IS NO SAVIOUR

I am sorry I must apologize for my ignorance. As I said I do not dispute what the bible says my problem is it says things that contradict things it said earlier in one passsage. Am I to only accept the verses that support this dogma and that dogma and ignore the verses that contradict it. No one can agree amonst Christians and the bible is still ever evolving into someone's version of what is said. And whoever these 100's of different authors are because who ever they may be they sure did not sign their names to any of the documents and only men who really stand behind what is written sign their names as we do in Contracts or writing checks or books, letters, articles etc. You are correct in what you stated above but would you agree with some of the things I have stated and what is said in it. The problem I see is we cannot both be correct someone not you or I is lying to us and they won't even tell you who they are. Deception is the best when it is 99% falsehood and 1% lie. And if you mix any percentage of falsehood with truth is it still the truth. I am sorry please do not look at any of words as harsh. I am only trying to seek the truth and take whoever wants to come with me so we may discover it together. Because Allah tells us to question everything and verify if it is true and I do mean everything even things in our own religion as to what is said and not said. Again I apologize if my words are harsh I am trying to be as softspoken as possible and may you Allah and anyone else who reads this forgive me Insha Allah Look forward to our journey in discovery I hope you can learn from me as much as I have learned from you.

Jazakalahu khairon(may Allah reward you for the good)

Your Brother in Seeking Knowledge, Peace

Mujahid Mohammed

glasgowchick said:
What seems to be a contridiction and Like you said we have to take things in context, Our faith is demotrated by works, faith without works is useless, faith without works is a dead faith, faith alone does not save, Our works are a compleat change of Heart to live Gods ways, there is no point to just believe and carry on in our sinful deeds, No we need to change our hearts and minds to God. If we didn't have faith then what would Gods commands matter, but it is because of our faith in Christ Jesus Alone we change our life. James said that the devil believes and trembles.It is not Good enough just to believe. So are you saying you only listen to Jesus ? then please hear what Jesus is saying to all of us now, John 14:6 [ Jesus is speaking ] Jesus said " I am the Way, The Truth and the Life, No-one comes to the Father but through Me. John 10:1 [ Jesus speaking] Truely Truely I say to you, He who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, He is a thief and a robber..who is that door ? Jesus tells us in verse 10a, [ Jesus speaking ] I AM THE DOOR, If anyone Enters through Me He will be saved. Can you accept this Mujahid..
Sure we accept that the way for the children of Israel to God is to Go in the way of Jesus. Act as he acted talk as he talk and Jesus is speaks the truth and he is the light to bring the transgressing jews into the light or true knowledge of God. Because Jesus says I have not been sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel 2 places. So I ask are you a Jew because they are the children of the house of Israel. I am not and I asked one of my jewish friends if I could be and he said NO you have to be born jew. And on your other point of course I am not saying faith is not Important it is a branch of belief I am saying why does Paul say that a man is not justified by works when it is said we are. I agree one needs the faith because you know without it you have no belief. And if you read the scriptures which I know you do many people came to Jesus and according to his tesitmony and they were saved. Is this not true.
But Jesus says the people of Israel were not fit to recieve the Message John 16 so someone similar to him will come after him and he will guide people into all truth,he will tell of many things to come,he will reprove the world of sin, and he will testify of him. Given 8 masculine pronouns He, He, He and we say this is Mohammed(another name for him is the Truthful, spirit of truth) who testifies of Jesus and preaches the same Abrahamic religion and Jesus and his predecessor Moses did and all the other prophet as well. Jesus is the way but only for the jews according to his testimony. You must also know that Jesus according to some of these writers testimony referred to his mother as WOMAN, now if I were to call my mother woman in any context I would get hit in the face and you must remember this is the same way he used to address the hores, prostitues, and female gentiles. Allah says no in the Qur'an that Jesus was kind to his mother and he was not harsh on the tongue to anyone unlike what the scriptures say he called people dogs, snakes, ripers, children of the devil. We believe a man of God would never address people in this manner that is all. And then because of the certain inaccuracies and claimed authorship and constant changing of the texts verses being taken out put back in we say there is no way to really know if what is said is even true. God says in the Qur'an any book claiming to be from Allah would be totally free of all contradiction. Now if is not the case please purchase that book and go through all of them and tell if if they are not present. Please forgive me as i said I do not disclaim anything the bible says it is the other statements by anonymous individuals is what is causing me to be confused and I do sincerely appreciate all your help with explaing these points to me.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
glasgowchick said:
I am finding it very hard to understand you, one minute you are coming across very forceful, not just here but on other threds too, then when I read a post from you like this one, you come across very humble . If you are anxious to share your beliefs and teach others, then my advice is to start like the apostles did, give learners the milk of the word first, A full slice of steak is hard to swollow at one time.. Also if one does not agree with what you say, please don't start telling people what their problem is, it can be very hurtful to the other person when one is truly trying to share with you too.
i apologize to you again because as i said before english is not my first language but arabic and i was using the simplest words came up to my mind without choosing the right words in it's own place and i'll try to be carfull in the future and your advice helped me alot too.

Peace ... :)

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Hi Mujahid..Could you please explain who the anonymous people are that you are reffering to that is causing you the problems ?..If you are talking about, the Apostles, and you find it hard to trust them, then it would be impossible for me to use them as a refference..Therefore I can not explain anything to you..

In Genisis 1:1 " in the begining God created the heavens and the Earth, 2 The earth was formless and void and darkness was over the surface of the deep and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters..

Who do you believe this Spirit of God to be..

In the begining we have God, and we see The Spirit of God..

John 1:1 we now learn about Jesus..In the begining was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..2 He was in the begining with God..

So now we see from the begining, We have God, The Word, and the Holy Spirit..

Thats all there was in the Begining...Is Mohammad seen in these verses..

I chose to start at the very begining to try and get us on an even footing..

Now without too much at the one time, would you please tell me how you see these verses..thanks..

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
The Truth said:
i apologize to you again because as i said before english is not my first language but arabic and i was using the simplest words came up to my mind without choosing the right words in it's own place and i'll try to be carfull in the future and your advice helped me alot too.

Peace ... :)

Apology accepted thankyou. :)

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Hi Again, since I am on here first this morning, I thought I would share who I see the Holy Spirit as..

His names

God [ Acts 5:3-4]

Lord [ 2 Cor 2:18 ]

Spirit [1Cor 2:10 ]

Spirit of God [ 1Cor 3:16 ]

Spirit of truth [ John 15 :26 ]

Eternal Spirit [ Heb 9:14 ]

His Attributes

Eternal [ Heb 9:14 ]

Omnipotent [ Luke 1:35 ]

Will [ 1Cor 12:11 ]

Loves [Romens 14:30]

Speaks [Acts 28:9 ]

Symbols of

Dove [Mat 3:15]

Wind [ John 3:5 ]

Fire [ Acts 2:3 ]

Sins against

Blastphemy [ Matt 12:31 ]

Resist [ Unbelief ] Acts 7:51

Insult [ Heb 10:29 ]

Lied to [Acts 5:3 ]

Grieved [ Eph 4:30 ]

Quench [ 1Thess 5:19 ].

Power is Christs life.

Concieved of [Matt 1 :18-20 ]

Baptism [ Matt 3: 15 ]

Lead by [ Luke 4:1 ]

Filled with Power [ Luke 4:14-18 ]

Witness of Jesus [ John 15:26 ]

Raised Jesus [ Rom 8:11 ].

Works of the Holy Spirit

Access to God [ Eph 2:18 ]

Annoints for service [ Luke 4:18 ]

Assures [Romans 8:15-16 Gal 4-6 ]

Authors Scriptures [ 2Peter 1:20.21 ]

Baptizes [ 1Cor 12:13-14 ]

Believers born of [ John 3:3-6 ]

Calls and commissions [ Act 13:24, 20:28 ]

Cleanses [2 Thess 3:13 , 1Peter 1:2 ]

Convicts of sin [ John 16: 9,14 ]

Creates [ Gen 1:2 Job 33:4 ]

Empowers [ 1Thes 1:5 ]

Fills [Acts 2:4 4:29-31 5 :18-30 ]

Gives gifts [ 1Cor 12:8-11 ]

Glorifies Christ [ John 16:14 ]

Guides in Truth [ John 16:13 ]

Helps our weaknesess [ Rom 8:26 ]

Dewells in believers [ Roman 8:9-14 Gal 4:6 ]

Inspires prayer [ Eph 6:18 Jude 20 ]

Intercedes [ Romans 8:26 ]

Interpretes Scripture [ 1Cor 2:1 , 14, Eph 1:17 ]

Leads [ Romans 8:14 ]

Liberates [ Romans 8:2 ]

Moulds Character [ Gal 5:22-23 ]

Produces fruit [ Gal 5:22-23

Empowers believers [ Luke 24:49 ]

Raises from the dead [ Romans 8:11 ]

Regenarates [ Titus 3:5 ]

Sanctifies [ Roman 15:16 ]

Seals [ Eph 1: 13-14 4:30 ]

Strengthens [ Eph 3:16 Acts 1:8 2:4 1Cor 2:4 ]

Teaches [ John 14:26 ]

Testifies of Jesus [ John 15:26 ]

Victory over flesh [ Romans 8:2-4 Gal 4:6 ]

Worship helper.. [ Phil 3:3 ]

Ive taken this from the basic Christian Doctrine, by Mathew slick www.carm.org/basicdoc.htm

thankyou for bearing with me, I am trying my best to explain my beliefs..

Mujahid Mohammed

glasgowchick said:
Hi Mujahid..Could you please explain who the anonymous people are that you are reffering to that is causing you the problems ?..If you are talking about, the Apostles, and you find it hard to trust them, then it would be impossible for me to use them as a refference..Therefore I can not explain anything to you..
My Christian brothers tell me there are over 600 different authors of the bible in my study bible in the preface the scholars say they are not sure who wrote it but they think this person or this person wroteit so if they are not sure then I must be unsure as to who the authors are. Plus out of the 250,000 different manuscripts
in the Vatican none are alike. This is what the scholars tell us and I have to respect their opinion and my Christian bretheren because I myself do no know that is why i am asking you and others about these things. For instance if Matthew wrote Matthew then who wrote 9:9, the book of John has similar verses, they are written in 3rd person but they claim this indivdual may or may not have wrote it and I ask who is this person narrating the story for them. Like when Moses went up the mountain and other places.
In Genisis 1:1 " in the begining God created the heavens and the Earth, 2 The earth was formless and void and darkness was over the surface of the deep and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters..

Who do you believe this Spirit of God to be..

In the begining we have God, and we see The Spirit of God..

John 1:1 we now learn about Jesus..In the begining was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..2 He was in the begining with God..

So now we see from the begining, We have God, The Word, and the Holy Spirit..

Thats all there was in the Begining...Is Mohammad seen in these verses..

I chose to start at the very begining to try and get us on an even footing..

Now without too much at the one time, would you please tell me how you see these verses..thanks..
It is unclear to me as it states that in the Beginning was God and his Spirit moved over the water etc. In John 1:1 we are to understand this spirit is Jesus. Now how can Jesus and the Holy Spirit be the same thing if Jesus and his followers were helped by the Holy Spirit and as Jesus said he will sent the Spirit to us after he departs because he must go or "it" won't come speaking of a creation independent of himself. Allah states that he created everything with his power. And everything other than him is just his creation. He created the word and the pen and the water and the spirit and we believe the Creator is not the Creation. It is in his names we are given to describe him. I hope this makes sense for you. Read the Gospel of Barnabas and the history behind it he as I stated in other posts is a man Jesus testified of and he wrote a gospel which was dug up with him written in the original language Jesus spoke some I cannot remember exactly and I will check for you 50-90 years after Jesus ascended to Allah. Again I will get the exact date for you insha Allah. And that books is all about Jesus and the men he was with from an eyewitness account.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Hi Mujahid, I just spent the last 45 minutes posting you and I have just pressed the wrong button and lost the post..I shall have to get back to you later.. :( sorry..

blueman

God's Warrior
So God was referring to Mohammed whom he would speak to some 3600 years later the true word of God (Allah) and oh, by the way, would be in direct contrast with the Old and New Testament scriptures as it relates to the Messiah and the uncanny reality that Jesus met all of the Messianic prophecies referenced in the Old Testament and Jewish Talmud? What are the odds of that?

I am not attempting to dispute Mohammed encountered some kind of spirit in a cave during the 7th century. I'm just not sure the spirit was sent by God. Also, there were no other witnesses to this encountered Mohammed had in the cave. There were hundreds of witnessess to the ministry of Jesus, His miracles, cruxifiction and resurrection that is a major part of biblical history. Jesus was quite more than a prophet and that is clear in messianic prophecies referenced in Daniel 7:14 and Isaiah 53:5, as well as other scriptural references, including the one that was made reference to at the beginning of this thread. :)

Mujahid Mohammed

blueman said:
So God was referring to Mohammed whom he would speak to some 3600 years later the true word of God (Allah) and oh, by the way, would be in direct contrast with the Old and New Testament scriptures as it relates to the Messiah and the uncanny reality that Jesus met all of the Messianic prophecies referenced in the Old Testament and Jewish Talmud? What are the odds of that?
No one said it was Mohammed the true word of God the word of God is the word of God. The book is the word of God Mohammed is just the Messenger. And Jesus met all the Messiancic prophecies referred to if this is true then the prophecy as I have stated in Isa 21:7 who if Jesus was riding the *** as my Christian bretheren tell me who was riding the camel. Deut 18:18 how is this referring to Jesus. In what ways is he like Moses other than him being a Jew.

I am not attempting to dispute Mohammed encountered some kind of spirit in a cave during the 7th century. I'm just not sure the spirit was sent by God. Also, there were no other witnesses to this encountered Mohammed had in the cave. There were hundreds of witnessess to the ministry of Jesus, His miracles, cruxifiction and resurrection that is a major part of biblical history. Jesus was quite more than a prophet and that is clear in messianic prophecies referenced in Daniel 7:14 and Isaiah 53:5, as well as other scriptural references, including the one that was made reference to at the beginning of this thread. :)
And you also know that Paul said the same thing when he was on the road by himself to Damascus and he is the supposed author of more than half of the NT so as to what he saw the same can be true who was he really talking to in the sky. And the resurrection was not witnessed by hundreds the bible just the select few. Now the bible prophesizes about Mohammed as well and Jesus himself said someone like him will come after him. Please prove how Jesus was more than a prophet from his own words in the scriptures what did he say about himself.

Mujahid Mohammed

glasgowchick said:
Hi Mujahid, I just spent the last 45 minutes posting you and I have just pressed the wrong button and lost the post..I shall have to get back to you later.. :( sorry..
Its O.K. i am very patient take your time Allah rewards the patient.

blueman

God's Warrior
Mujahid Mohammed said:
No one said it was Mohammed the true word of God the word of God is the word of God. The book is the word of God Mohammed is just the Messenger. And Jesus met all the Messiancic prophecies referred to if this is true then the prophecy as I have stated in Isa 21:7 who if Jesus was riding the *** as my Christian bretheren tell me who was riding the camel. Deut 18:18 how is this referring to Jesus. In what ways is he like Moses other than him being a Jew.

And you also know that Paul said the same thing when he was on the road by himself to Damascus and he is the supposed author of more than half of the NT so as to what he saw the same can be true who was he really talking to in the sky. And the resurrection was not witnessed by hundreds the bible just the select few. Now the bible prophesizes about Mohammed as well and Jesus himself said someone like him will come after him. Please prove how Jesus was more than a prophet from his own words in the scriptures what did he say about himself.
Get the facts straight. Paul was not on the road to Damascus by himself and by the way, Jesus was referring to the Holy Spirit when he said this to the disciples, not Mohammed. :)

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Mujahid Mohammed said:
My Christian brothers tell me there are over 600 different authors of the bible in my study bible in the preface the scholars say they are not sure who wrote it but they think this person or this person wroteit so if they are not sure then I must be unsure as to who the authors are. Plus out of the 250,000 different manuscripts
in the Vatican none are alike. This is what the scholars tell us and I have to respect their opinion and my Christian bretheren because I myself do no know that is why i am asking you and others about these things. For instance if Matthew wrote Matthew then who wrote 9:9, the book of John has similar verses, they are written in 3rd person but they claim this indivdual may or may not have wrote it and I ask who is this person narrating the story for them. Like when Moses went up the mountain and other places.
It is unclear to me as it states that in the Beginning was God and his Spirit moved over the water etc. In John 1:1 we are to understand this spirit is Jesus. Now how can Jesus and the Holy Spirit be the same thing if Jesus and his followers were helped by the Holy Spirit and as Jesus said he will sent the Spirit to us after he departs because he must go or "it" won't come speaking of a creation independent of himself. Allah states that he created everything with his power. And everything other than him is just his creation. He created the word and the pen and the water and the spirit and we believe the Creator is not the Creation. It is in his names we are given to describe him. I hope this makes sense for you. Read the Gospel of Barnabas and the history behind it he as I stated in other posts is a man Jesus testified of and he wrote a gospel which was dug up with him written in the original language Jesus spoke some I cannot remember exactly and I will check for you 50-90 years after Jesus ascended to Allah. Again I will get the exact date for you insha Allah. And that books is all about Jesus and the men he was with from an eyewitness account.

Hi Mujahid, I would like if we can to go back to what you said about Hell.

Now if we both believe that there is a hell..what kind of people will be Going there ? [ sinners ]

If there is a God, Would you say He was a Just God..?

If there is A God and I have sinned against him, how can I stand before Him on Judgement day with all these sins ?

If I Live from this day forward living a better life, What happens to All my past sins..

In Gods eyes sin is sin and if He is a Just God then God requires payment for those sins reguardless of just living a better life..

Does the Quran offer a salution to my past sins ?

The Bible salution to my past sins is Jesus Christ, Jesus paid the price..

Mujahid Mohammed

blueman said:
Get the facts straight. Paul was not on the road to Damascus by himself and by the way, Jesus was referring to the Holy Spirit when he said this to the disciples, not Mohammed. :)
Easy brother I am trying to get the facts and you must understand I get my information from Christians so it they who need to get their facts straight and since you tell me there is an error in there statement and just for my own knowledge who was the one with Paul on the road and where are the verses i can reference and If Jesus was talking about the holy Spirit. Then why did Jesus say he would send it to you when it was already with him and his followers and other people coming before him if it was always there how can he send it because Jesus said if I DO NOT GO HE WILL NOT COME but the bible says it was already there. And in what ways if it is the Holy Spirit did the Holy Spirit fulfill the prophecy Jesus stated in John also please explain to me how it the Holy Spririt is described as a he. Jesus says I believe I have many things to say unto you howbeit you can not bear, but when he the Spirit of Truth comes he will guide you into all truth, he will tell you of many things to come, he shall not speak of himself but whatsoever he shall hear he shall speak and he will show you of many things to come, and he will glorify me and shall recieve of mine and shall show it unto you. When has the Holy Spirit ever manifested himself like Jesus, talked of many truth and was ever given commands by God. What is the truth it has brought and also how can something always described as an IT now be described as a HE when that is usually used to describe a man and not a thing. Also some of my Christians brothers tell me Jesus is the Holy Spirit as refered to in the verse there are 3 that bear record inheaven the father, the son, and the holy ghost and these 3 are 1. And if the bible is the criterion on defining what is a spirit the bible says beware there are many false spirits because there are many false prophets who go out in the land I am paraphrasing and as soon as my Christian brother brings me back my book of reference I will give you the exact verse but that is why it its unclear to me brother please help me in understanding these things because the Christians in my area often confuse me or can not explain these things. Your help would be most appreciated and please be patient with me for my understanding of your religion is not as good as yours so if you could help me to see then it will become more clear. I have always been told by my Christian brothers to take the bible literally so this is what I do. Again I apologize for my ignorance.

Mujahid Mohammed

glasgowchick said:
Hi Mujahid, I would like if we can to go back to what you said about Hell.

Now if we both believe that there is a hell..what kind of people will be Going there ? [ sinners ]
All men and women are sinners EXCEPT the prophets of God because God Almight chose them to deliver his message and Allah has a certain criterion for his Prophets. they do not commit major sins murder, adultery, fornication drunkedness, lying and most importantly they worship only God and ask him alone for all there needs. Now the bible says certain prophet commited these types of sins and some even went to hell. Why would God choose men according to the bible of such low moral character to deliver his perfect message would he not choose perfect men as examples for us. If I use these men as examples then would it be O.K. fro me to get drunk and sleep with my daughters. Of course not. These are some of the things muslims have problems with regarding the scriptures just as Jesus Mohammed Moses and all the other great prophets did everything according to God so did all of the other prophets as well. Would you agree.

If there is a God, Would you say He was a Just God..?

If there is A God and I have sinned against him, how can I stand before Him on Judgement day with all these sins ?
Now sinns to Allah can always be forgiven if you ask him to forgive you and only him. It is as if you asked my sister for money but expect me to pay you. All men will stand for God with sin except the prophets. Now here is how Allah decides it and this is an example of his bounty. If you commit a sin Allah counts it as one sin against you. If you commit a good deed you know fulfilling one of the commands of Allah and his prophets your good deed gets multiplied anywhere from 10-700 times and up. Allah blesses the amount to whom he will and it is infinite. If you think of a sin and do not act upon it for instance you see a dress you like but cannot afford and think to steal it but do not Allah rewards you with a good deed. So when you go before Allah and he weighs your deeds your good deeds if you always tried your best to please Allah will always outweigh the bad. Because you gain repentance from the Good Works you do following Allahs commands worshipping him alone and accepting him as your only saviour as it says in Isa 43:10, praying to him at the times he commands, fasting, giving to the poor, taking care of your family, your children if you have any, honoring your mother and father, reading his glorious book, treating people with kindness and giving all your heart and soul to pleasing Allah by following his commands. His mercy which is infinite is what you attain through the good works you do. Pray as Jesus prayed he fell on his face when he prayed as we do. He fasted as we do. He put his brothers and companions needs before his own and he always unlike what some of the passages in the scripture say honored his mother and he was very humble saying everything he has and was given is from Eli in Hebrew Allah in Arabic. Two sister languages with different dialect.

If I Live from this day forward living a better life, What happens to All my past sins..

In Gods eyes sin is sin and if He is a Just God then God requires payment for those sins reguardless of just living a better life..
All of these things are true but just living a better life means nothing if you do not do live your life for the sole purpose of pleasing the Creator if one does not do the things in their live to please him then one cannot expect him to pay you for the work you did for someone else. But remember you gain payment in life in the deeds you have done for God.

Does the Quran offer a salution to my past sins ?

The Bible salution to my past sins is Jesus Christ, Jesus paid the price..
The solution the Qur'an states is you must follow God and adhere to the commands of all the Prophets, we must believe in the unseen the angel and jinn, accept all his books (books of Moses-torah, books of David-zaboor, teachings of Jesus-injeel and the Qur'an) You must accept all of the Prophets of God and accept them as being equal there is no difference between them except that all of the Prophets were sent to only their people. Where as Mohammed was sent to everyone and was commanded to do so in the Qur'an he was commanded to tell his people that Mary the mother of Jesus was the greatest woman in creation and that she was chaste and righteous. He was commanded to tell his people who really did not get along with the jews that the mother of his enemy was the best and that Jesus was a righteoust man by God and not some bastaurd born of a whore as some other religions believe. No muslim is a muslim if he does not accept Jesus and his teachings but we only accept his teachings and not the teaching of other men. We only accept men appointed by God. These are the ways in which one attains salvation by accepting God as the only one worthy of worship and accepting Mohammed as his last and final messenger. Because Mohammed says he and all the prophets are 1 so there is no difference between them. And the bible is still unclear to me and many of the Christians I talk to as to what it really says because of the contradictions, mis translations and interpretations, lack of authenticity meaning not in original form. So any thing it states is hard to understand because it is confusing and God does not create confusion. I hope this helps let me know if my words are confusing

blueman

God's Warrior
Mujahid Mohammed said:
Easy brother I am trying to get the facts and you must understand I get my information from Christians so it they who need to get their facts straight and since you tell me there is an error in there statement and just for my own knowledge who was the one with Paul on the road and where are the verses i can reference and If Jesus was talking about the holy Spirit. Then why did Jesus say he would send it to you when it was already with him and his followers and other people coming before him if it was always there how can he send it because Jesus said if I DO NOT GO HE WILL NOT COME but the bible says it was already there. And in what ways if it is the Holy Spirit did the Holy Spirit fulfill the prophecy Jesus stated in John also please explain to me how it the Holy Spririt is described as a he. Jesus says I believe I have many things to say unto you howbeit you can not bear, but when he the Spirit of Truth comes he will guide you into all truth, he will tell you of many things to come, he shall not speak of himself but whatsoever he shall hear he shall speak and he will show you of many things to come, and he will glorify me and shall recieve of mine and shall show it unto you. When has the Holy Spirit ever manifested himself like Jesus, talked of many truth and was ever given commands by God. What is the truth it has brought and also how can something always described as an IT now be described as a HE when that is usually used to describe a man and not a thing. Also some of my Christians brothers tell me Jesus is the Holy Spirit as refered to in the verse there are 3 that bear record inheaven the father, the son, and the holy ghost and these 3 are 1. And if the bible is the criterion on defining what is a spirit the bible says beware there are many false spirits because there are many false prophets who go out in the land I am paraphrasing and as soon as my Christian brother brings me back my book of reference I will give you the exact verse but that is why it its unclear to me brother please help me in understanding these things because the Christians in my area often confuse me or can not explain these things. Your help would be most appreciated and please be patient with me for my understanding of your religion is not as good as yours so if you could help me to see then it will become more clear. I have always been told by my Christian brothers to take the bible literally so this is what I do. Again I apologize for my ignorance.
No problem, my brother. Paul's (formerly Saul of Tarsus) conversion was depicted by Dr. Luke, a companion and friend who traveled with Paul throughout his ministry. In the New Testament, his conversion experience is referenced in the 9th Chapter of the Book of Acts. Jesus talked about the third person of the God-head (The Holy Spirit) who would serve as their comforter and reside in them subsequent to Jesus leaving the earth and being a physical presence amongst them. This is referenced in John 14:12-17 and Acts, 1st Chapter. The reason why Christians referred to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as one is because all three spiritual beings possessed the same attributes (all-powerful, all-knowing, omnipresence and having dominion over heaven and earth). When Jesus was incarnated and became man to live amongst mankind who he came to sacrifice Himself for, there was an emptying of certain attributes while He was physically on the earth (for example, omnipresence or the ability to be everywhere at one time). When he rose from the dead, all of His attributes associated with His deity were restored, because He was on the verge of being ascended into heaven to be with the Father, but He would not leave them alone, because He would send them the Holy Spirit to be with them always and to this day, the Holy Spirit resides in those who believe and received Jesus as their Saviour.

Hope you have a blessed day, my brother. :)

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Hi Mujahid, If we live a life doing all that God commands, we are only living life the way we should have been in the first place, So my point being, If all we need is Gods forgiveness and all the Good we do, out weighs all that bad we have previously done, Then there is no Justice served..God says He will punish sin..God also said that We are All sinners and have fallen short of the Glory of God..However small or However big..sin is sin. there are no exceptions. No matter if one murders and one tells a small lie, we all have added to that one big pot of sin..

In the OT, If say someone committed murder, then that person was to be put to death also..Justice was served..According to Gods law..

God is a just God and requires payment for our sins..

Jesus said we would die in our sins, for unless you believe that I Am He, you will die in your sins.

Jesus claimed he was the Son of God,

Who is the liar, but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ [ Messiah ] This is the Antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son,
whoever denies the Son, does not have the Father,The one who confesses the Son has the Father also..

So Jesus said unless you believe on who he is we will die in our sins..

Jesus said therefore make disciples of ALL NATIONS, Baptizing them In the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit Teaching them to observe ALL THINGS that I have commanded you and LO! I am with you always even to the end of the age..

Jesus said " Go into all the WORLD, and preach the Gospel to ALL CREATION,

He who believes and is Baptized shall be saved, But He who has Disbelieved shall be condemed..

These are Jesus words .

Mujahid Mohammed

glasgowchick said:
Hi Mujahid, If we live a life doing all that God commands, we are only living life the way we should have been in the first place, So my point being, If all we need is Gods forgiveness and all the Good we do, out weighs all that bad we have previously done, Then there is no Justice served..God says He will punish sin..God also said that We are All sinners and have fallen short of the Glory of God..However small or However big..sin is sin. there are no exceptions. No matter if one murders and one tells a small lie, we all have added to that one big pot of sin..
Allah does punish sin, and sin is also removed from certain things occuring in ones life. If you like you said below murder someone, you are given a punishment in this life ie. capital punishment and that will purify you of that sin on the day of judgement. Now everybody sins and we both know this but does a person keep commiting the same sins or does he try and stop it. If one has difficulty stopping the use of alcohol and he sincerely tries to but you know as I do it is very difficult for some. If he does it and finally succeeds and stays away from it. The withdrawls of him leaving the drug could with the will of Allah cleanse him of that sin. A person is purified through his pain of not just the heart but of the mind and body as well. When a person is terminally ill. the sickness purifies you of some sin. A mother losing her children the pain in her heart purifies her of sin. If you a person does not adhere to certain commands the Grave will punish you(I will explain later), the day of Judgement which lasts 50,000 years long and the sun is 1 inch above peoples head is another way to purify you of sin. And this is all before you go before Allah. It is the knowledge of knowing what sins one has commited and trying with your hardest to refrrain from these actions. The knowledge of Allah and his command is what keeps one from these actions not to mention living in a society where everyone is trying to achieve these same goal also helps in keeping you from it. We strive to stay away from what Allah says and that keeps us from sin. Do we make mistakes yes Do we fall yes. But Allah knows his creation better than we know ourselves it is just a test to see if we will submit or not there is always time to gain a piece of Allah's infinite mercy. It is not the deeds that keeps one from the fire it is Allahs mercy, how do we get his mercy by submitting to his commands. God is just a no knowledgeable muslim would want to do harmful things to anyone because he realizes Gods punishment. I would not cheat on my wife why and yes one reason is because I love her but I FEAR ALLAH and his punishment for doing that. It also depends on what your heart or intention is if you sincerely come to Allah with repentance and try to abstain from sin he says you could have sin that is equal to all the water in the world and he would still forgive you. the only sin he does not forgive is worshipping anything other than him or giving loyalty to anything other then him. Do not ask anyone to help you other than the Creator that is Islam or submission to his will.

In the OT, If say someone committed murder, then that person was to be put to death also..Justice was served..According to Gods law..
And if this does not happen to this person and he gets away with it and does not feel guilty and repent to God it is a good chance he may go to the Fire and this is what Allah says.

God is a just God and requires payment for our sins..
very true and your repayment is done knowlingly and unknowingly to you.

Jesus claimed he was the Son of God,
Please give me the verse where Jesus says I am the son of God. Because I do know Jesus said my father is your father my God is your God. And if I am not mistaken when he was questioned about it by the romans. One book it says he sais nothing in another it says he said that you say I am.

Who is the liar, but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ [ Messiah ] This is the Antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son,
whoever denies the Son, does not have the Father,The one who confesses the Son has the Father also..
I know Jesus is not a liar but he did not write the bible and the supposed authors character is questionable because they contradict Jesus at times and some have never met him. And are those the words of Jesus in this above quote.

So Jesus said unless you believe on who he is we will die in our sins..

Jesus said therefore make disciples of ALL NATIONS, Baptizing them In the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit Teaching them to observe ALL THINGS that I have commanded you and LO! I am with you always even to the end of the age..

Jesus said " Go into all the WORLD, and preach the Gospel to ALL CREATION,

He who believes and is Baptized shall be saved, But He who has Disbelieved shall be condemed..

These are Jesus words .
Jesus also stated I have not been sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel when he was speaking to the woman of Canaan because remember Jesus was going to send her away why would he do that if he was sent for everyone he would have taken her with no hesitation is this not correct. And he also told he disciples do not go to the land of Canaana or the samiritans or some other group I cannot remember the verse exactly but i will look it up insha Allah and give you the exact words. And to finish the phrase but go ye rather to the people of the house of Israel. So why would he say don't go to these people but then later go to everybody. If Jesus is not the one who wrote the scriptures then I would have to assume that someone is lying on him but no muslim would ever say he, Jesus is a liar if there are may Allah forgive them. Please forgive me again for my ignorance I do not doubt these verses you talk about it just that the bible has other verses that contradict them. And again it may be to my lack of knowledge or understanding. The bible is just not very clear and as soon as my brother brings me my books because he has the ones with most of these souces I will get it to you insha Allah

I'll talk to you soon. I do not know how old you are but you have alot of wisdom and patience and I see what Allah sas when he says the Christian are the closest to you in your religion. I'll tell you about the grave later that in itself is alot of information. Later. Peace be upon you my sister in pursuit of knowledge

Mujahid Mohammed

blueman said:
No problem, my brother. Paul's (formerly Saul of Tarsus) conversion was depicted by Dr. Luke, a companion and friend who traveled with Paul throughout his ministry. In the New Testament, his conversion experience is referenced in the 9th Chapter of the Book of Acts. Jesus talked about the third person of the God-head (The Holy Spirit) who would serve as their comforter and reside in them subsequent to Jesus leaving the earth and being a physical presence amongst them. This is referenced in John 14:12-17 and Acts, 1st Chapter. The reason why
knockout.gif
Christians referred to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as one is because all three spiritual beings possessed the same attributes (all-powerful, all-knowing, omnipresence and having dominion over heaven and earth). When Jesus was incarnated and became man to live amongst mankind who he came to sacrifice Himself for, there was an emptying of certain attributes while He was physically on the earth (for example, omnipresence or the ability to be everywhere at one time). When he rose from the dead, all of His attributes associated with His deity were restored, because He was on the verge of being ascended into heaven to be with the Father, but He would not leave them alone, because He would send them the Holy Spirit to be with them always and to this day, the Holy Spirit resides in those who believe and received Jesus as their Saviour.

Hope you have a blessed day, my brother. :)
Where does Luke say this in his testimony because Acts according to my bible the author is unknown why is that is my study bible kjv lying to me. So who wrote this account. And if Jesus is all powerful why did he get his power from God if someone gives you your power it is clear your power does not equal the one giving it to you. And how come he could not the fig tree bear fruit God could have made it bear fruit in the coldest of winters and why did he have to eat and sleep. Does God do these things and it is safe to say because Jesus was a man that he had to use the restroom. Does God do these things. How does God sacrifice Himself if these three things are 1 and if God is everlasting and everliving and equal to the son how can it die. And how can he send the Holy spirit when it was already with them. John the Baptist had the holy spirit in him and disciples took it with them in the land. So if they already had it why would it need to be sent. If you already have a package of mail would you resend it through the post office to yourself. I am confused brother please help me because this does not make sense. Forgive me for my ignorance of the scriptures help me to understand for it seems you have a better understanding then me.