• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modern use of The I CHING and Confucianism

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Confucius spent his life trying to convince the local feudal kings to implement his policies. When he was old and grey, Confucius said "Oh, I have wasted my life doing this. It would have been better if I have spent my entire life solely on studying the book of changes (I CHING)". He then recommends this be the path his followers take. The I CHING is a divination text that relies on cleromancy. The basis of its authority is this. When you ask the I CHING a question, the one who responds is your soul. As long as you have the faith that your soul has an objective view of everything, and it can intelligently answer you by influencing the coins you're tossing, it will work.
I was wondering if anyone uses the I CHING for this practical purpose i.e. seeking guidance from your inner soul. The inner soul, detached from the ego, is GOD Himself, so in effect, the belief is that you are asking God. I personally have been using the I CHING regularly for almost 2 years, and it has not once failed to give me an intelligent and direct answer. The I CHING is instrumental in reinforcing my belief in God all the time, as the I CHING speaks to me directly when I ask it questions.