• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modern Schools

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I'd just like to start a little debate, perhaps, with the people of the boards, on the topic of modern schools (alternatives, shortcomings, efficiency, etc.).

We can do it like this:

Against Modern Schooling:

Druidus

For Modern Schooling:

Please post if you would like to join the debate, and for which side. Three people from each side of the debate, and a mod (They won't participate), could be chosen to vote at the end, on the winner. Each side can throw in a certain amount of coins, and the winner takes all.

Scott1

Interesting..... I don't really have a set opinion on either/or, but am committed to sending my children to a Catholic school.... modern or not.

I'll participate as a Mod if you'd like.

Scott

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Be more specific. Do you mean the politics of modern schooling? The strategies employed? The type of people running it?

Do that and I will be VERY interested in sitting in the peanut gallery. I love discussions of this nature....

Doc

Space Chief
I could easilly argue both, for sometimes I feel that they are too phony and chirpy and at other times they are good for preparing for college.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Alright Doc, because we already have one against school, you can be one of the for school people.

This will be a debate about modern schooling methods, modern schools in general, and what additions/improvements and/or replacements are necessary, and their merits/failures.

½ Sane

"I'm a mess"
The high school I graduated from was a hideous run down heap of garbage. I think the only thing that held it together was old gum. :mad: