• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modern man like footprints found, evolution theory in doubt.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Some modern man like footprints have been found. This could easily be pre flood man prints. Man would have evolved since the flood, so changes in heel or feet could be expected. Yet science fantasizes only about some supposed ancestor to man. Besides showing their stories were wrong, it shows they have a very limited pool to draw water from intellectually.
Hi, here is a link to more direct information: Possible hominin footprints from the late Miocene (c. 5.7 Ma) of Crete?

1-s2.0-S001678781730113X-gr9.jpg

I don't know if you can see the image above, but its the prints found. The article is an interesting read.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Some modern man like footprints have been found. This could easily be pre flood man prints. Man would have evolved since the flood, so changes in heel or feet could be expected. Yet science fantasizes only about some supposed ancestor to man. Besides showing their stories were wrong, it shows they have a very limited pool to draw water from intellectually.

Fossil footprints challenge established theories of human evolution

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170831134221.htm
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."
~ Bertrand Russell

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Original paper:

Possible hominin footprints from the late Miocene (c. 5.7 Ma) of Crete?

The two main interpretations given in the article are that this species is a hominin with a range that extends from Africa, through the Levant, and into Eastern Europe (and Crete was connected to Eastern Europe at the time of these prints). OR it could be convergent evolution from the extant European primates adapting to the increasingly drier environment of Eastern Europe. The authors clearly favor the first interpretation, but allow for the second as a way of avoiding some of the geographical difficulties (the range of the species, which has not been seen in Africa, even though later species with more ape-like feet have been).

The size of the big toe alone shows these are not 'modern human' prints. Pictures are in the article link I provided. The toe is not separated from the rest of the foot like in more ape-like feet, but still is over sized for a modern human.

Of course, this has *nothing* to do with "pre-flood" humans simply because there was no global flood at all. There is no layer of sediment of the type produced in floods between these fossil tracks and modern layers.

On the other hand, this may well extend the early range of early hominids out of Africa and into the Levant and Eastern Europe. That in itself is significant and very interesting and interfaces with questions of later mosaic evolution of humans. Again, though, this is millions of years before modern humans, or even the genus Homo.

Last edited:
If you'll forgive the pun, evolutionary science will have to "evolve" in the face of new evidence. It will not go extinct because one piece of evidence is out of place. it doesn't falsify or invalidate all the other pieces of the puzzle. it just means there is a new piece that they have to find out how it fits in.
What if it doesn't fit in? What if they find modern human footprints dating from before the "missing link" era?

Laika

Premium Member
What if it doesn't fit in? What if they find modern human footprints dating from before the "missing link" era?

then the scientists would come up with an "improved" theory which explains the new evidence. Its like, if you need more space you get a house extension (like convert the garage into a room) rather than demolish the whole house and start over. Scientists take what is still "good" of the old theory and add in the evidence as the basis of the new theory.

idav

Being
Premium Member
If you'll forgive the pun, evolutionary science will have to "evolve" in the face of new evidence. It will not go extinct because one piece of evidence is out of place. it doesn't falsify or invalidate all the other pieces of the puzzle. it just means there is a new piece that they have to find out how it fits in.
This would be more than introducing evidence to help with our scientific understanding. Finding something like that would introduce a new sci-fi drama to science.

idav

Being
Premium Member
if god really thought we evolved from monkeys he would've asked for circumcision of monkeys too . so i don't think god thinks we evolved from monkeys..or maybe he doesn't care about monkeys as much as us so worship orders only for us.
I think you mean apes. Monkeys have tails. Sorry I get a little nitpicky sometimes.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
There is no missing link, so you would have to decide what that era would be.

We would cross that bridge if it came to pass, I suppose.

Magus

1 . The footprints are approximately 5.7 million years old
2. The Earth is approximately 6000 years old

Mr Christian didn't do his maths.

idav

Being
Premium Member
toe mae toh , toh maa toh
, they all same to me :D if god dint care about monkeys/apes why should i. someday ill eat monkey tandoori with rice.
Yeah I know what you mean but apes show signs of self awareness and monkeys don't.