• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modern indigenous music

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Many have tried to silence the voices of the past, but the voices of the present ring out loud and clear. Here are some I enjoy listening to. :D

Traditional styles are great too. If you folks have contemporary or traditional music that you'd like to share, let's hear it!

amorphous_constellation

Yeah throat singing is a great sort of musical technology that we're getting to hear more of nowadays. I recommend also american folk music centered around the claw-hammer banjo style, which tends also to have that worldly sort of modal sound to it. I myself am a fiddler and banjo player who plans on recording many old songs as soon as I decide on how I want to record them.. Also many american folk songs contain folklore which should not be overlooked

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Yeah throat singing is a great sort of musical technology that we're getting to hear more of nowadays. I recommend also american folk music centered around the claw-hammer banjo style, which tends also to have that worldly sort of modal sound to it. I myself am a fiddler and banjo player who plans on recording many old songs as soon as I decide on how I want to record them.. Also many american folk songs contain folklore which should not be overlooked

Oh for sure. I play the mountain dulcimer and the accoustic guitar a little, so I do love folk music. Fits right at home with the theme of this thread, I think. Here's another grass roots group that comes to mind.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

"
May the stars carry your sadness away,
May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
May hope forever wipe away your tears.
And, above all,

may the silence make you strong !
"

PureX

Veteran Member
One of my favorites; The wonderful Archie Roach ...

His life partner Ruby Hunter ...

With friends ...

Written and sung for the movie "Tracker" ...

Last edited: