• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modern Deism: The Fastest Growing Religion!

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
For the USA:

A survey and study of self proclaimed deists over an 11 year period showed that modern deism had a growth rate of 717%! That makes it the fastest growing religion in modern times, outpacing Sikhs (338%). It would appear that people are waking up and thinking for themselves.

Liberal Christians are taking it a step further and claiming some type of deism as their religion, as are non-denominationals, independents, and others. Some people have gone from one extreme (Evangelical Fundamentalist) to the other (Classical Deist). The more that science is able to explain and debunk biblical stories (myths), the faster deistic converts start pouring in. To those people, the deistic concepts make perfect sense and allows them to continue their belief in God without all the mysticism, fairy tales and boogeyman concepts.

I, for one, am a convert from Southern Baptist Evangelical, to a form of deism that I call Christian Deism (which I have defined on other threads). My mind has been freed from the brainwashing I grew up with, and I am at peace with my beliefs.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah, it's from an older survey (1990s). That explains why I hadn't seen this before. I wonder what a new one would look like since the turn of the millennium? Or how many of the people who self-identify as "atheist" or "agnostic" could really be classified as something else, such as deism?

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Ah, it's from an older survey (1990s). That explains why I hadn't seen this before. I wonder what a new one would look like since the turn of the millennium? Or how many of the people who self-identify as "atheist" or "agnostic" could really be classified as something else, such as deism?

Sorry about the delayed response, was just looking over old posts.

I would imagine that many people who have never heard of deism (or understand what it is), would actually have an "ah ha!" moment and identify as a deist. In the very least, it might resonate with them and allow them to explore the concept.