• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mob sacks Hindu temple in Pakistan over blasphemy row

danieldemol

Premium Member
'DOZENS of people attacked a Hindu temple in central Pakistan over blasphemy allegations, police said Thursday (5), in the latest incident of religious-fueled violence targeting a minority group in the Islamic republic.

Police said the mob attacked the temple in Rahim Yar Khan in Punjab province Wednesday (4) afternoon following the release on bail of a young Hindu boy accused of blasphemy.

“Some 70-80 protesters then attacked and smashed the windows of the temple,” Ahmed Nawaz, a police spokesman from the district, said...'

Source: Mob sacks Hindu temple in Pakistan over blasphemy row - EasternEye

The protesters appear not to have considered the hypocrisy of their own actions in blaspheming a Hindu temple.

This suggests to me that blasphemy laws are just hypocrisy for the targeting of minorities.

In my opinion.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
'

The protesters appear not to have considered the hypocrisy of their own actions in blaspheming a Hindu temple.

This suggests to me that blasphemy laws are just hypocrisy for the targeting of minorities.

In my opinion.
Whilst I agree. Does it count if you blaspheme against a god you believe is false? In that person’s eyes I mean

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Seems to be an over reaction for the actions of an eight-year-old boy whether he did it deliberately or not. :oops:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Why do you pick up Pakistan stories, Danieldemol? It is a mad state born out of hate and it lives in hate. How can anything good come out of it? For them, it does not matter if someone is Hindu, Christian, Sikh, Ahmadiyya or Shia. They will persecute all till none is left.

danieldemol

Premium Member
New Why do you pick up Pakistan stories, Danieldemol?
There is always the fleeting hope that other nations might learn from their mistakes.

It is set to cost the Pakistan economy 2 billion$ worth of exports, and that is hardly all it costs them

In my opinion.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
'DOZENS of people attacked a Hindu temple in central Pakistan over blasphemy allegations, police said Thursday (5), in the latest incident of religious-fueled violence targeting a minority group in the Islamic republic.

Police said the mob attacked the temple in Rahim Yar Khan in Punjab province Wednesday (4) afternoon following the release on bail of a young Hindu boy accused of blasphemy.
IMO: these imposed blasphemy rules are blasphemy in itself
Imposing religion on others is disrespectful and against Freedom of Religion
Killing others over blasphemy is the highest sin (wrong action) a human can commit

'
In my opinion.
True. And all this violence (incl. killing blasphemists) is caused by the idea "my religion is better then theirs"
Beside that, these blasphemy rules totally lack love, compassion and empathy

Last edited:

stvdv

Why do you pick up Pakistan stories, Danieldemol? It is a mad state born out of hate and it lives in hate. How can anything good come out of it?
Sometimes I also wonder "why/should I post on RF ... is there any use in posting?"
Of course I improve myself while posting, doing introspection, so in that way it has been useful

So, reading your question "why post on Pakistan?" my first thought is they won't change their habits, probably even get more aggressive, remembering the Dutch Muhammad cartoon action, resulting in Pakistani really wanting to nuke Holland; speaking about the amount of aggression in Pakistan

But, if I see "a wrong" and do nothing, then some say "you are as guilty". Whether true or not, it feels good to me to object to people hurting others. Of course it's all duality when seen from advaita, but as long as I live in duality, I just do what I feel I have to do.

Posting this on RF is of course not directly helping/solving things. But it creates awareness among other RF'ers, some being Muslims maybe even from Pakistan. And I think that education is a powerful way to change things. Change comes from within, and education is step 1. So, indirectly it might work

For them, it does not matter if someone is Hindu, Christian, Sikh, Ahmadiyya or Shia. They will persecute all till none is left.
From what I have read in the news, I also get this picture. And it seems they have almost succeeded, so this kind of proves your quote I think
According to the 2017 Census, Muslims make up 96.2 percent of Pakistan's population, Hindus 1.6 percent, Christians 1.59 percent, Scheduled Castes 0.25 percent, Ahmadis 0.22 percent, and other minorities 0.07 percent.

Last edited:

ajay0

All because an 8 year old boy urinated on the ground, an act which was witnessed by a cleric, who considered it blasphemy.

Children of this age are usually very innocent and not contaminated by social conditioning.

Prophet Muhammad himself had an affectionate attitude towards children, and would kiss and embrace them.

Muhammad had himself said in a Hadith : "He who does not show mercy towards children, no mercy would be shown to him.”

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
All because an 8 year old boy urinated on the ground, an act which was witnessed by a cleric, who considered it blasphemy.

Children of this age are usually very innocent and not contaminated by social conditioning.

Prophet Muhammad himself had an affectionate attitude towards children, and would kiss and embrace them.

Muhammad had himself said in a Hadith : "He who does not show mercy towards children, no mercy would be shown to him.”
Wait seriously? That’s the act of “blasphemy” that caused this heinous act of destruction? Humans are awfully insipid

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe

Guess what, sometimes he would even marry them, but then, maybe it's just me having watched too much of Law & Order SVU.:worried:

stvdv

But it creates awareness among other RF'ers, some being Muslims maybe even from Pakistan

And that one would know his country and what is happening in it better than the news.
Yes, I would say so. When you live in a country you know better what's going on than a journalist just being there for a few days, or not even

But it could also be, that people are brainwashed in believing that certain habits are good, while they are not so good

In North Korea people are brainwashed quite a bit, again according to the news (I never was there)
(But seeing some films with Kimmy in it, it seems quite plausible to me)

Shakeel

But it could also be, that people are brainwashed in believing that certain habits are good, while they are not so good
They have the Internet though. They've heard your point. I don't think it's about knowledge at all. People do stupid things in groups. It happens everywhere - this just catches your attention.

And let's not forget that there are major problems between the Muslims and the Indian people.

Shakeel

Unless they get their information from the news. Do you live in Pakistan? Are you near this temple that was destroyed?
The international news? I doubt it. They tend to be false or distorted.

Even if they did, they have a better idea how things are done, of attitudes and consequences.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Please note that I have nothing against common Pakistani people. We have 'nearly' the same culture. We are both mad about cricket. We love the music and poetry which is common to us. The problem is their Saudi-trained clerics and the military establishment which rules the country. No one believes in their democracy, Prime Ministers can easily be dislodged and even murdered (Bhutto was hanged and his daughter was murdered). Terrorist activities are actively encouraged, in India, in Afghanistan, as well as elsewhere.

Last edited: