• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Missouri in the top three. Awesome!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The reason is important. We've had any number of reasons including at the start ignorance for which state has had the worst infection rate. Florida has stayed at or near the top of the list for a long time now. There are reasons for that including the right wing government there.

Right now, even GOP governors are starting to blame the unvaccinated for the problem.

“We’ve got to get folks to take the shot,” said Gov. Kay Ivey, whose state ranks poorly on Covid-19 vaccination rates. “Folks are supposed to have common sense. But it’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down,” she told reporters Thursday. “Let’s get it done.” Alabama’s Governor Is Latest GOP Leader to Implore Residents to Get Covid-19 Shot
I too am a fan of the reasons.
Addressing those is better than making it about party affiliation.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I too am a fan of the reasons.
Addressing those is better than making it about party affiliation.
Is it making it about party affiliation or is it noting the actions of a group and the impact that group is having? I see your point. By noting it, I may not have been saying it was the fault of a group, but was giving that allusion passively.

I think I understand you to mean my note is pointing fingers, but not solving problems. Maybe exacerbating it to no end and causing a shift in focus from solutions to the problem.

All I can say is that you cannot solve a problem without identifying it. Right now, I think some of our Covid problems are magnified by what people want to believe rather than looking to real answers. Based on what I observe, the group that is causing the shift in the current situation in my state seems to be those composing the dominant political culture of this state.

You'll have to let me know if I am correct about your idea here. If so, I consider it a sound idea and good advice to keep in mind.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Then you admit coronavirus is being politicized.

Congrats!
I cannot control what you get out of my posts, so congratulations to me are hardly in order. And being politicized does not tell us which direction the promotion of poor thinking is coming from.

I am a scientist. A Christian. I attend a Baptist church. I live in a very red county in a red state right next to a blue county and city. In my county, I am practically the only person I currently see that is wearing a mask. I am right in the middle of the politics of this.

I don't take my political views from a single direction, but on this issue, there is a strong correlation between politics and a pandemic that I see is promoting the pandemic.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Is it making it about party affiliation or is it noting the actions of a group and the impact that group is having? I see your point. By noting it, I may not have been saying it was the fault of a group, but was giving that allusion passively.

I think I understand you to mean my note is pointing fingers, but not solving problems. Maybe exacerbating it to no end and causing a shift in focus from solutions to the problem.

All I can say is that you cannot solve a problem without identifying it. Right now, I think some of our Covid problems are magnified by what people want to believe rather than looking to real answers. Based on what I observe, the group that is causing the shift in the current situation in my state seems to be those composing the dominant political culture of this state.

You'll have to let me know if I am correct about your idea here. If so, I consider it a sound idea and good advice to keep in mind.
No disagreement here.