• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mississippi man evicts interracial couple

roger1440

I do stuff
I came across this new article today. Any comments?

Mississippi man evicts interracial couple from RV park due to skin color

"A Mississippi man evicted a family from his RV park due to the couple's skin color, according to a report.

Erica Flores Dunahoo says her family was asked to leave after park owner Gene Baker learned that her husband — Stanley Hoskins, a Mississippi National Guard Sergeant — is black. Dunahoo is Hispanic and Native American...."

http://nydn.us/1PQsAdj

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I came across this new article today. Any comments?

Mississippi man evicts interracial couple from RV park due to skin color

"A Mississippi man evicted a family from his RV park due to the couple's skin color, according to a report.

Erica Flores Dunahoo says her family was asked to leave after park owner Gene Baker learned that her husband — Stanley Hoskins, a Mississippi National Guard Sergeant — is black. Dunahoo is Hispanic and Native American...."

http://nydn.us/1PQsAdj
When I was a real estate broker, we understood that the 1866 Civil Rights Act prohibited such discrimination.

roger1440

I do stuff
When I was a real estate broker, we understood that the 1866 Civil Rights Act prohibited such discrimination.
There are always ways around such laws. I had a superintendent who wouldn't rent to blacks. He would just say something like, "Sorry, the place is already rented" or "We have no vacancies".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There are always ways around such laws. I had a superintendent who wouldn't rent to blacks. He would just say something like, "Sorry, the place is already rented" or "We have no vacancies".
That's still illegal.
Phoney reasons are no defense.

roger1440

I do stuff
But a law eventually enforced is a law.
"In a sense we've come to our nation's capital to cash a check. When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the "unalienable Rights" of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note, insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds.""
Martin Luther King, Jr. I Have a Dream
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/mlkihaveadream.htm

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
The Mississippi! The Afghanistan and the shame of deep west. I will never understand how a redneck plumber may claim that he is better and more valued than a black doctor just because his skin is paler....May I vomit,pls?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The Mississippi! The Afghanistan and the shame of deep west. I will never understand how a redneck plumber may claim that he is better and more valued than a black doctor just because his skin is paler....May I vomit,pls?

You can always find a good doctor at two in the morning....just sayin'.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Fed law trumps state law.
They may try, but they will fail.
If not, then where's the limit - blacks, hispanics, native Americans and white women start a religion that affirms white men are inferior and cannot be in management and are paid 1/2 the wages of everyone else. Or Muslims refuse to deal with women who won't wear burkas. Allowing discrimination on the basis of religion leads into a pit very quickly.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If not, then where's the limit - blacks, hispanics, native Americans and white women start a religion that affirms white men are inferior and cannot be in management and are paid 1/2 the wages of everyone else. Or Muslims refuse to deal with women who won't wear burkas. Allowing discrimination on the basis of religion leads into a pit very quickly.
I'm not worried about us heading there.