1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Missionary doing Mengele level experimentation

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Labourwave, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Labourwave

Ratings:
    +3,330
    US Missionary Renee Bach performed unlicensed and untrained medical procedures on children in Uganda.

American Quack Medic Renee Bach Dragged To Court Over Child Deaths

Woman sued over death of babies, faking qualification
    Report on Survivors of Reee's experimentation
    Is mzungu savior killing babies in Mayuge?

Extreme case of what's wrong with Missionaries: Good intention which attempts to solve the issues of others without any genuine investigation into those issues.

The organization "No More White Saviors" does work to decolonize Missions and has been raising awareness of this case. Thought I would share

#1 Labourwave, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. The Reverend Bob

The Reverend Bob Fart Machine and Beastmaster

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    The OP is intentionally spreading emotionally charged disinformation and propaganda. That Godwin's Law apply to this thread from the get go should be a clue. The "news" sources cited are unreliable being that they have a strong anti-Western and implied pro-Chinese bias. The Chinese economic colonization of Uganda is in full swing and so is their anti-Western propaganda apparatus pitting the Ugandan people against Westerners particularly against American aid workers both secular and religious. Below is a statement from the organization that was accused in regards to this issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tb8zn95p7gnjzu/Response to Article by Sarabeth Caplin.pdf?dl=0

#2 The Reverend Bob, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. sun rise

sun rise "Let there be peace and love among all"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12,999
    Religion:
    Love
    What's your proof that she had a medical degree?

4. The Reverend Bob

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    From Serving His Children statement about the accusations:

"At no time has our founder, Renee Bach, presented herself as a medical professional,experimented on or caused the death of any child. Having been trained by medical professionals to start IVs, Ms. Bach has in the past provided assistance in such procedures when requested and currently serves in an administrative capacity and participates in fundraising for the organization"

Dropbox - Response to Article by Sarabeth Caplin.pdf - Simplify your life

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Labourwave

Ratings:
    +3,330
    Lol.
    Ugandan website = anti-western and pro-china and therefore untrustable. Lmao.

For someone with such a interesting concept of what reflects bias the piece you chose to share a source that is not neutral in any capacity.
    1) There is no name on your source. It is a response to an Anglican blogger who reported on the piece here.

2) Your source claims to be written by a member of the organization that was founded by Renee Bach, hardly nuetral.

3)The source presents a picture of her giving supervised medical care as proof that she was not giving unsupervised medical care at any point. This is not a logically sound defence, especially if you look for the other pictures of her conduct.

Renee literally used to call herself "the white doctor" on her blog before deleting it. (cringe)
    Here are reports of procedures done by Renee.

Since you refuse Ugandan news sources because they are 'anti-west" :rolleyes:. She was due in court in Uganda on march 12th, but she did not show and her legal team got the procedure delayed until 2020.

Is the Ugandan court system have an anti-west pro-china bias too?

6. The Reverend Bob

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    https://www.dw.com/en/chinese-presence-felt-in-almost-every-sector-in-uganda/av-48809805

It is called a rebuttal. They are telling their side of the story. As is their right. Reasonable people unlike you want to hear both sides of the story when someone is accuse of something like this. Your appeal to emotionalism is bull****
    She did nothing that she wasn't trained to do. None of those picture show any medical experimentation, cleaning wounds and checking a pulse is not medical experimentation.

Prove it. Produce the evidence.
    Some of the sources you used have anti-LGBT propaganda and stories about witchcraft. Hardly credible

Witchcraft Is Real! Musician Gets Stuck Inside Abdul Mulaasi Wife’s Private Parts, Watch Video

[QUOTE="Labourwave, post: 6152133, member: 58203"]Is the Ugandan court system have an anti-west pro-china bias too?[/QUOTE]
    Probably since China owns Uganda lock, stock and barrel.

Uganda’s Main Assets Taken Over Huge Unpaid Chinese Loans And Dept

7. Labourwave

Ratings:
    +3,330
    Godwin's law does not claim to be indicative of any bias.
    It merely asserts that the longer a conversation goes on, the more likely a nazi comparison is to be made. It's does not refute legitimate comparisons.

8. The Reverend Bob

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    And you made none.

9. Labourwave

Ratings:
    +3,330
    I didn't say it was unacceptable for them to tell their side of the story, rather insinuate that you are literally dismissing a multitude of Ugandan news sources (and apparently the Ugandan court system itself) on the basis that they are Ugandan. You provide this absolutely ridiculous assertion to attempt to discredit the evidence you disagree with.

On the other hand, you are willing to uncritically assimilate the accused's narrative as truth.

Your comments have demonstrated a lot about your biases, rather than apparent pro-china bias in this story.

10. The Reverend Bob

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    That have anti-LGBT propaganda in them and stories about pop stars getting their penises stuck in vaginas because of witchcraft. Yeah, I am going to trust bull**** mills like that. That makes common sense

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Reverend Bob

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    Because her accusers have not come forth with any evidence just accusations and histrionics. I am not buying what they are selling.

12. The Reverend Bob

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    And those biases being?

13. danieldemol

danieldemol Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,224
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    The organisation chose a very racially charged name.

What was the outcome of the Uganda court cases? If the courts of Uganda haven’t found her guilty we shouldn’t rush to assume guilt

14. Labourwave

Ratings:
    +3,330
    The report you posted is just celebrity gossip with a dumb title. A stupid article, but clearly not intended investigative reporting, as the article was written by a sports reporter. It's literally in a celebrity gossip section.

15. Labourwave

Ratings:
    +3,330
    She was able to get her hearing delayed until 2020 and then left Uganda and returned to US.

16. danieldemol

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,224
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    Wouldn’t that suggest that the Uganda court sees the case as low priority? Do you think the Uganda court would treat the death of Uganda’s babies under solid evidence to be low priority? Do you think her return to the US puts her outside the reach of the law?

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Labourwave

Ratings:
    +3,330
    Quote from second source for people who haven't read:

"The petition was filed by two women from Masese in Jinja District; Ms Gimbo Zubeda and Ms Kakai Rose, alongside a Civil Society Organisation; Women’s Probono Initiative.

The aggrieved women claim to have lost their babies at the hands of Ms Renee whom they accuse of having postured to be treating them, yet she did not have any medical background.

What the mothers say
    The mothers in their court documents, state that they were led to believe that Ms Renee was a medical doctor and that her home was a medical facility as she was often seen wearing a white coat, a stethoscope and often administered medications to children in her care.

This prompted them to take their children there but ended up dying upon bringing administered medication by Ms Renee."

From the Independent source:

"Beatrice Kayaga, a legal officer at WPI told The Independent that, without any medical qualification, Renee Bach has been performing medical procedures and giving treatment to children of unsuspecting parents."

"“Elijah was given some milk. We stayed there for two days and they discharged us,” Kakai says. She was not given a medical form or any document or any explanation.

“They didn’t say anything. They drove me up to Jinja Amber Court and gave me Shs2000. When we got home the baby became very weak. He died three days later,” she sobs “Those people did something to my child and he died.”"

'“They only returned him home in a coffin and gave me an envelope with Shs50, 000 in it,” she says, “They came in a car and left immediately, before burial. I had questions as to what had killed my child. I needed help and explanations. None was given to me by the women that came with the body of my dead child.”'

"Gimbo now wants court to compel Bach to give her an explanation. She says her mother said for the three days of admission at the Masese 1 center, the white woman would connect tubes to the child’s arms and chest, and that she would give him some things to drink."

Note: This claim that Bach was setting up IV tubes is corroborated by a supporter of Bach's blog, who claims she saw Bach apply IV on other occasions.

CHILDREN WHO SHC HAVE TREATED (Bach's org) HAVE COME FORWARD FAULTING RENEE FOR BOTCHED BLOOD TRANSFUSION
    No White Saviors on Twitter

This child is one of the plaintiffs in the case.

18. Labourwave

Ratings:
    +3,330
    Such reasoning is beyond the verification of empirical claims made in the case and is not a logically sound way of discrediting the case.

19. The Reverend Bob

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    Oh that was just one of the more tamer stories I found. **** reads like an African version of Weekly World News. And you were dumb enough to use that tabloid garbage as sources

20. danieldemol

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,224
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    I’m not discrediting the case, i’m Pre-emptively suggesting it is too early to raise an anti white lynch mob.