• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Missing Gospels?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Let's just say I have given enough facts to debunk your position. Now, whether or not you want to keep axing it... its up to you. I have no more need to add to the facts that are empirical and verifiable.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Let's just say I have given enough facts to debunk your position. Now, whether or not you want to keep axing it... its up to you. I have no more need to add to the facts that are empirical and verifiable.

What facts? You have given opinion.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Trolls like you find me annoying because I call trolls out. Yes, Trolls do find that rather boring, you're not the first troll to tell me that.
Except you have not called out any trolls.
You have not been feeding any trolls.
You have been trolling.

I understand that you have a rather huge difficulty understanding the difference given your usage of words like fact and deflection without even knowing what they mean.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What are your thoughts on a group of men deciding rather than to include all gospels in the holy writ, to simply discard these gospels.
According to the Anglican theologian William Barclay, there were roughly around 1000 or so N.T.-type texts that the council had to wade through in the 4th century to try and put forth an acceptable canon, but I don't know how many of them were gospel-types.

Do you think this may have had a significant impact on Christianity as it is today?
Of course.