• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misquote in the Gospel

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I just want to say that the belief of some Jehovah's Witnesses that their kind is the only kind who grow in spiritual wisdom and truth is absurd.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The teachings of Jesus prove I am correct. Just as they prove the JW teachers are correct--It is very wise to learn what Jesus taught. I attended different trinity religions in my day--they do NOT teach what Jesus taught. They teach the schools of mens religious dogma.
I would disagree.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is not only absurd; it is anti-biblical and the reason why is that you @kjw47 can't know anyone's heart because the Bible says you can't.

To know that JWs are the only people who will receive correction from above is to know people's hearts. I am certain you and any governing body member can't do it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am asking you @kjw47 how do you know that the governing body is not twisting the meaning of scriptures? Is it because Jesus selected them? That is a scripture!

Oeste

Errors with words--then correction

murdering 6 million human beings-- never can be undone by the one who caused it.

if you killed that one with the gas--it cannot be undone by you

I didn't say or ask if could be "undone" kjw. Why can't you stay on point?

You stated repentance = correction remember?

Also, do you remember me pointing this out to you in my last post? I specifically asked if you could remember what you told me before..."repentance = correction"! There was nothing about "undone".

I didn't ask if the Nazis had "undone" the murder of 6 million Jews by turning off the gas. I asked if the Nazis had "repented" by turning off the gas.

By your definition, any Nazis that had shot a Jew can "repent" by merely "correcting" his behavior. You stated "correction" was all that was needed. So if a Nazi "corrects" his behavior by no longer shooting Jews, he has, by your Organization's twisted doctrine, "repented".

Catholicism backed Hitler to the hilt--voted him into power, then killed the members of their own religion in every Christian land Hitler attacked.

That kjw, is an incredibly bigoted statement. It was the Nazis under Hitler, not Catholics under the Pope, that attacked Poland to start World War 2. Also, you seem to ignore the approximately 15-20,000 Jehovah Witnesses who decided they were better off staying out of the camps.

Look, I'll make this easy for you. We're going to take an exercise in critical thinking, okay? Let's review your statement again because I was told the exact same thing by another bigoted religious Organization, the Black Muslims, some 40 years ago. Only they had a slightly different slant on things:

Catholicism Caucasians backed Hitler to the hilt--voted him into power, then killed the members of their own religion race in every Christian land Hitler attacked.
See how easy bigotry is kjw?

EasyButton_000041112260_Medium.jpg

I simply substituted "Christians" with "Caucasians"! Believe me, there are plenty of people who fell for this argument, hook, line and sinker. The problems of the world weren't caused by "Christendom" but by the "white devils" who warred, colonized and factionalized everything else. They told me whites backed Hitler "100%", just like you told me Catholics did earlier.

Do you think the Black Muslims had a valid argument? Or do you feel a sudden sense of outrage or unease when you're lumped into the same deleterious pot?

Perhaps you can explain to us why, using clear terms and rationale, the Black Muslims were wrong, and also, on what basis we should find your Organization's anti-Christian bigotry more "truthful" and appealing. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

omega2xx

The teachings of Jesus prove I am correct. Just as they prove the JW teachers are correct--It is very wise to learn what Jesus taught. I attended different trinity religions in my day--they do NOT teach what Jesus taught. They teach the schools of mens religious dogma.

You can't teach what is right with a faulty Bible.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dear kjw47 I am asking you for an answer to a question, please.

What is the difference between the people who twist scripture and the people who don't?

You say I am twisting the meaning of scripture which to you means that I can twist scripture.
I think that you believe you don't twist the meaning of scripture.
What makes me able to twist it and you not able to twist it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@kjw47 You are certain you are not understanding any scripture incorrectly. You are certain the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses is not misunderstanding any scripture. You seem certain that I am misunderstanding scripture as you say that I am "twisting" some things.

How do you know that you can't be wrong but I can be wrong?

How do you know I am wrong and you are right?

1. You want to be right
2. Many more people believe it your way than my way
3. The people who translated it can't be wrong (but I can be wrong)
4. God is only for you

Anything else?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You know you are right and you know I am wrong.

Try this.

First of all, I am going to tell you the difference between you and me. You believe you are right and so do I, but I do not 1. lean on my rightness and 2. I do not inculcate what I think I know into anyone.

So, try on these, please.

Jeremiah 17:9
Ecclesiastes 9:3
Genesis 8:21
Mark 7:21-22
Matthew 13:15

Now, the difference between you and me is I am able to acknowledge that I have to beware those things about me, that my heart can lie. You, on the other hand, do not suspect yourself or the governing body of those things.

I am asking you why!

Why do those warning not apply to you and the Jehovah's Witnesses?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@kjw47

You seem not to be aware that Matthew 24:5 may have been written differently than what is written in your Bible and in their Bibles.

The New World Translation
5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.+

King James Bible
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Young's Literal Translation
for many shall come in my name, saying, I am the Christ, and they shall lead many astray,

New American Standard 1977
“For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.

How about?

For many shall come in my name, saying, ours is Christ

The Jehovah's Witnesses and many, many others come in Jesus' name saying that Christ is theirs.

Right? Don't the Witnesses say that Jesus Christ is the head of the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses? That means to a JW Jesus is theirs.

kjw47

Is it possible that you are doing that? Or, that they are doing it?

I tell all-- the teachings of Jesus prove who is who. Few know what he taught--no Trinitarian does. Every time I show them what Jesus actually taught--they reject those teachings even though they all are in their bibles as well.

kjw47

I am asking you @kjw47 how do you know that the governing body is not twisting the meaning of scriptures? Is it because Jesus selected them? That is a scripture!

Jesus promised to appoint his faithful and discreet slave( real teachers) who give food( spiritual, at the proper time, over all his belongings-- as well those that reject them are rejecting-Jesus and God as well-Luke 10:16)
the bible teaches--the holy spirit bears witness with their spirit that they are Jesus'-- no other teachers are claiming to be them.

kjw47

It is not only absurd; it is anti-biblical and the reason why is that you @kjw47 can't know anyone's heart because the Bible says you can't.

To know that JWs are the only people who will receive correction from above is to know people's hearts. I am certain you and any governing body member can't do it.

Then why are trinity teachers lying and telling others--you are saved or born again--they cannot read anyones true heart--they have NEVER seen a single name written in Gods book of life--have 0 clue WHO can endure until their end-Matt 10:22)-- yet keep lying to their flocks. then ask for the tithe.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
can you read? I said Jesus was mortal, but lived a sinless existence--no other mortal ever has.
I can read. Can you remember you wrote:
[QUOTE="kjw47, post: 5081494, member: 17724".....--he is far above mortals.[/QUOTE]