• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misogyny - dislike of females

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Dating has moved a lot toward dating sites, where women control the power dynamic - women get a lot of messages, and make the most reports as well, tending to help shape the rules and the sites and the features.

Since women get a lot of messages and many more messages, they have grown selective.

Men, who don't get nearly as many messages, have gotten selective as well. And since men don't have a fantastic reason for it, they are likely just fed up.
So dating sites are responsible for misogyny? o_O

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What I find to be true, however, is that when women ignore men, they may be playing an advanced form of hard to get, whereas when men ignore women, they've most of the time given up, focusing on career, etc.

There is usually a very good reason women ignore men. The "oh she is just playing hard to get" is nothing more than a male massaging his ego.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
We have a thread on misandry. All things being fair, how about one focused on misogyny and dislike of females?

Misogyny - Wikipedia

One thing I have noticed is that the male response, including from me, to women getting more selective in the dating pool, is men getting more selective as well.

This article may back up my opinion: https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...icans-not-having-sex-has-reached-record-high/

What I find to be true, however, is that when women ignore men, they may be playing an advanced form of hard to get, whereas when men ignore women, they've most of the time given up, focusing on career, etc.
What about when men dislike other men? what is it called and how do people react to it?

exchemist

Veteran Member
I do apologize to the extent of saying "I may have oversimplified complex ideas and behaviors".

But one has to start somewhere. If we sugarcoat every thought, there exists a point where one makes one's self immortal/untouchable to necessary correction.

My university physical chemistry textbook opened with a quotation from Cardinal Newman:
"A man would no nothing, if he waited until he could do it so well that no one would find fault with what he had done."

I have never forgotten that - it has come in handy at many times in my life. ;)

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
One more question. If I ask a woman if I look fat in my jeans, will I get an honest answer?
I would give you one lol. I remember once my best friend wore this jumper and my first response was to tell her how ugly it is. I kept making jokes about throwing it away. She found it funny.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think this is bull****. I think men just delude themselves into believing women are playing hard to get since they can't admit a woman they really fancy doesn't want him. What men see as playing hard to get women see as 'please go away.'
In my experience, women have said say "no" a lot,
& they sure did seem sincere about it.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I would give you one lol. I remember once my best friend wore this jumper and my first response was to tell her how ugly it is. I kept making jokes about throwing it away. She found it funny.

Maybe it's a guy's way of thinking but I do have a hard time wrapping my head around how a person could tell if a man was fat based on their lower section, unless they were really really fat.

But then again, I'm the one who brought it up - lol.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe it's a guy's way of thinking but I do have a hard time wrapping my head around how a person could tell if a man was fat based on their lower section, unless they were really really fat.

But then again, I'm the one who brought it up - lol.
Depends on what one classes as fat, I suppose.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
In my experience, women have said say "no" a lot,
& they sure did seem sincere about it.

Well if I ever get on HRT, remind me to give you a "yes". Provided the question doesn't pertain to haggis, cheap frozen dairy, Obsydian's phone number and address, looking in my direction, being seen with me, the time of day, etc.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well if I ever get on HRT, remind me to give you a "yes". Provided the question doesn't pertain to haggis, cheap frozen dairy, Obsydian's phone number and address, looking in my direction, being seen with me, the time of day, etc.
HRT?
Haggis Research Temple?