• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misgiven Parable

confused1973

Hey, long story I won't go into but my Mother swears blind that the reason she 'gave me up' was the Ruth Parable. The story she gave me goes like this....One woman claimed that a baby belonged to her, Ruth was the true mother. When God said that they must split the baby in half Ruth stepped back and gave the child to the other woman. God decreed that the Ruth was the true mother because of her action. My Grandparents brought me up and I suspect the other woman was my Nan, but as I grew up it became clear that Mother dearest wasn't interested in me....she had 4 other children with her new hubby. This is one of the stories she told me, this is not my understanding of the parable so please don't laugh!!

I can't find any reference to this story. I can't find this story anywhere. Is there anyone out here that can shed some light on this for me? I thought I'd put this into 'resources' and hope someone resourceful type can help me :)

Thanks guys and gals

Peace x

Mr Cheese

You can't control an independent heart
Can't tear the one you love apart
Forever conditioned to believe that we can't live
We can't live here and be happy with less
So many riches, so many souls
Everything we see we want to possess

If you need somebody, call my name
If you want someone, you can do the same
If you want to keep something precious
You got to lock it up and throw away the key
If you want to hold onto your possession
Don't even think about me

If you love somebody, set them free...

Sting350.jpg

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Well, first of all, the story has nothing to do with Ruth. It is a story of Solomons wisdom when dealing with two harlots.
One had accidentally rolled onto her baby at night, smothering it. She stole the other woman baby.
They brought their case before Solomon.

1 Kings 3:16-28

Just_me_Mike

Solomon's "first" display of wisdom bestowed upon him, after approaching God with his concerns. It is just so inspiriational to me.

confused1973

Thank you - that sounds more like it - a harlot - befitting I'd say.....I shall Kings with gusto. Once again, thank you for shedding some light xxxx