• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misconceptions about Islam

mehrosh

Hi to all non-muslim brothers & sisters,Well we can discuss any misconceptions my non-muslim brothers and sisters have which prevents them from accepting Islam, the religion of Peace and brotherhood, as a true religion from Almighty God.

Do you think if a Catholic lived a good life of the faith and did all that they felt was right do you believe they will go to heaven?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dear Maesi,

I can understand that you love everyone and you want everybody to be happy but i'm afraid, you are saying somthing which may conflict with what Allah wants from his creatures.

First of all, you have to understand well what that verse you posted means.

Salman Al-Farsi (the companion of prophet Mohammed) came to prophet Mohammed asking him about his friends whom they were Christians but they died before they meet prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" so, were they go to hell because they weren't Muslims or they will go to heaven because they were praying, fasting, and they believed a prophet will come after Jesus "peace be upon him"? prophet Mohammed replied: they are in hell. Salman couldn't handle it but after that Allah revealed this verse to Mohammed "peace be upon him":

"Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allâh and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Quran 2:62)

That means for example, those people who believed in Moses "peace be upon him" until Jesus "peace be upon him" appeared and those who believed in Jesus "peace be upon him" until prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" appeared will be considered as believers who will be rewarded by Allah for their doing but no religion will be accepted after Mohammed "peace be upon him".

That's why after that Allah revealed this verse:

"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islâm, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers". (Quran 3:85)

Nevertheless, we know that the most religion near to us "Muslims" are the Christians.

Allah said:

"You will find that the worst enemies of the believers are the Jews and the idol worshipers. And you will find that the closest people in friendship to the believers are those who say, "We are Christian." This is because they have priests and monks among them, and they are not arrogant". (Quran 5:82)

"When they hear what was revealed to the messenger, you see their eyes flooding with tears as they recognize the truth therein, and they say, "Our Lord, we have believed, so count us among the witnesses". (Quran 5:83)

Peace ... :)

Squirt

jamaesi said:
Yep. (I believe /anyone/ who lives a good life will go to a good place in the afterlife, but I am UU, you know. ;) )
Okay, I'm confused here. Of course I find myself confused quite often when learning about UU beliefs. The UUs here are a terrific bunch of people, so don't misunderstand what I'm saying. But being either a Christian UU or a Muslim UU seems to me to be something of an oxymoron. I mean Christians believe that the only way to God is through His Son Jesus Christ, and Muslims believe that there is only one God (Allah). UUs are so totally "univeralist" (duh!) that it surprises me that a religion that requires you to worship only Allah would accept the UU openness and flexibility. Am I making any sense at all? :confused: (I can see UUs accepting Muslims, but not Muslims accepting UUs.)

Judgement Day

I believe that most of Adam's offsprings will go to heaven (see post #47, 49, 50, 52, and 53 on the 'Day of Judgement(Qiyamah)' thread). BUT, some will go to heaven straightaway while some others will have to transit to hell first:

Hadith Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 542:
Narrated Anas:
The Prophet said, "Some people who will be scorched by Hell (Fire) as a punishment for sins they have committed, and then Allah will admit them into Paradise by the grant of His Mercy. These people will be called, 'Al-JahannamiyyLin' (the people of Hell)."(Sahih Bukhari)

Day of judgement is day where people will be judged by their deeds, even as small as a dust particle, good or bad. The day where all issues of injustice will be finally settled and people will get a real sense of judicial rest. So we will have to be responsible to all things that we've done. But then again, we have to seek for the truth, we must not be ignorant. If you seek for the truth, God will guide you even closer to Him. Also to note The Truth's post: It is not acceptable when you already know the truth, but still seek other religion than Islam.

The Truth said:
"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islâm, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers". (Quran 3:85)

I believe that the Catholic Church teachs the same that the ignorant might be saved, but those who know bout the truth and reject will not be saved

mehrosh

Geoffthe3rd said:
Do you think if a Catholic lived a good life of the faith and did all that they felt was right do you believe they will go to heaven?
Dear Brother, You have asked a very good question, the first part of your question asks about a good life of faith, Allah Says in the QuranVerily by the token of time, man is in error, except those who have faith, and do righteous deeds, enjoin what is good, and invite people to patience(Surah Asr)Coming to the second part, and what if they do what THEY FELT was right, now I have a question for you, who will decide what is right, for example in the East looking at a women and talking to her is considered as Right, in the Middle east even looking at a women is considered immodest, in the West looking, talking, and shaking hands is modest, in some parts of the west doing everything is fine and modest unless and until both the partners are willing. So WHO WILL DECIDE WHAT IS RIGHT? For a robber robbing is Right, for a Rapist, Rapping is Right, For a murderer Mudering is Right.For this purpose Almighty God has given us scriptures, like the ones given to David, Moses, Jesus and finally Mohammed.Now the question arisies that there are so many religions in this world, which one should be followed to be on the right path. Christianity says don't rob don't molest any women, Hinduism says don't rob don't molest any women, Islam says don't rob don't molest any women...and so on.But the difference is that, Islam not only tells you what is right and what is wrong, but it also gives a practical way of implementing the Right WayHope that is the answer of your questionTake careRegards,Mehrosh

mehrosh

Squirt said:
Okay, I'm confused here. Of course I find myself confused quite often when learning about UU beliefs. The UUs here are a terrific bunch of people, so don't misunderstand what I'm saying. But being either a Christian UU or a Muslim UU seems to me to be something of an oxymoron. I mean Christians believe that the only way to God is through His Son Jesus Christ, and Muslims believe that there is only one God (Allah). UUs are so totally "univeralist" (duh!) that it surprises me that a religion that requires you to worship only Allah would accept the UU openness and flexibility. Am I making any sense at all? :confused: (I can see UUs accepting Muslims, but not Muslims accepting UUs.)
Well! I am confused, I would be thankful brother if you put your doubt about Islam in easy words for me to answers...

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Judgement Day said:
I believe that most of Adam's offsprings will go to heaven (see post #47, 49, 50, 52, and 53 on the 'Day of Judgement(Qiyamah)' thread). BUT, some will go to heaven straightaway while some others will have to transit to hell first:

Hadith Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 542:
Narrated Anas:
The Prophet said, "Some people who will be scorched by Hell (Fire) as a punishment for sins they have committed, and then Allah will admit them into Paradise by the grant of His Mercy. These people will be called, 'Al-JahannamiyyLin' (the people of Hell)."(Sahih Bukhari)

Regarding to this hadith. Did you asked a scholar or an Imam of a Masjid about it or it's based on your own understanding?

Actually, as far as i have been taught that, those 'Al-Jahannamiyyion' are bad Muslims whom their bad deeds are much more than the good so God clean them from their sins in hell then after that they will be sank in a special river (i forrgot it's name) so their burned skin would get it's normal look, then they will enter to heaven. You have to know that Muslims don't gurantee for anyone to enter to Heaven automatically except for whom prophet Mohammed said they will do so when Allah told his prophet about the 10 companions whom have been told that they will enter directly to heaven, and not by our deeds how much it was but only by the mercy of God and asking him to send us to heaven with all the prophets and other Muslims before us.

One of the scholars (Ibn- al-Qayim) mentioned somthing about this issue which is that, a day will come on hell and no one inside it.

[106] Those who are wretched shall be in the Fire: there will be for them therein (nothing but) the heaving of sighs and sobs:

[107] They will dwell therein for all the time that the heavens and the earth endure, except as thy Lord willeth: for thy Lord is the (sure) Accomplisher of what He planneth.

Here, there is an exception (i put it in red).

[108] And those who are blessed shall be in the Garden: they will dwell therein for all the time that the heavens and the earth endure, except as thy Lord willeth: a gift without break. (Quran 11:106)

but here for heaven there is no excption and it will be forever without break as Allah promised.

Nevertheless, most of Muslims and scholars before (Ibn Al-Qayim) believed that the non-muslims will be in hell forever and the Muslims will be in heaven forever but for those whom they were bad Muslims but at least they mentioned the Shahada which is (la elah ella Allah, Mohammed Rasol Allah) so how long they stay in hell so because of this Shahada a day will come for them to enter to heaven after they have been punished for their bad deeds in life.

Allah knows best .. :)

mehrosh

=The TruthNevertheless, most of Muslims and scholars before (Ibn Al-Qayim) believed that the non-muslims will be in hell forever and the Muslims will be in heaven forever but for those whom they were bad Muslims but at least they mentioned the Shahada which is (la elah ella Allah, Mohammed Rasol Allah) so how long they stay in hell so because of this Shahada a day will come for them to enter to heaven after they have been punished for their bad deeds in life.
Dear Brother The Truth, are you saying that the non Muslims will leave hell one day and hell will be empty?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Squirt said:
I can see UUs accepting Muslims, but not Muslims accepting UUs

Personally, i believe that no one can be in charge to accept people or not but only Allah Almighty can decide so, and as long as there is no conflict between what someone claim in UU (i know nothing about them) and the islamic dogma so i don't know where is the problem.

If UU means to believe in Jesus "peace be upon him" for example and to be a good person so where is the problem? That's because i see it as a community which make people come together to get benefit from each other more than a religion even though they claim so. Nevertheless, if they have their own dogam which may conflict with what Muslims believe in so this is another case.

I guess maesi can make this issue clear for us if she doesn't mind .. :)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
mehrosh said:
Dear Brother The Truth, are you saying that the non Muslims will leave hell one day and hell will be empty?

I said one of the scholars claim so bringing that evidence from Quran which is verse 11:107 but this is different than what the majority of Salaf before this scholar believed in. Moreover, this is not for sure but the scholar (Ibn Al-Qyaim) said this is only by the will of Allah if he wants so because his mercy surpase his anger and punishment.

Peace .. :)

A

A. Leaf

Personally, Basis of ALL faiths is pure undivided LOVE and appreciation of the gift of the physical world for our soul (Intillectual energy) to experience. Jesus Christ the son sacraficed himself in the name of sin, so on a later day of Judgement if you understand the suffering, sacrafice and ressurection you will pull through if you have gone against the basic commandments that he gave. Of course if you're from another faith and have done something terrible then think of Christ's sacrafice. If your from any religion or maybe not any set religion but respect the Intelligence of life and have done nothing wrong, then of course, what is there to worry about.

A few sayings that I have that are not my original words but upadted by myself:

Love Your Intelligence,
Love the Intelligence of Life,
Love the Creator of Intelligence, with all your Heart.

Then the Holy Spirit will follow Naturally.

Of course it is a personal point of view.

mehrosh

The Truth said:
I said one of the scholars claim so bringing that evidence from Quran which is verse 11:107 but this is different that what the majority of Salaf before this scholar believed in. Moreover, this is not for sure but the scholar (Ibn Al-Qyaim) said this is only by the will of Allah if he wants so because his mercy surpase his anger and punishment.

Peace and Mercy of God be upon you..Thankyou for your clarification...

mehrosh

Freelancer7 said:
Personally, Basis of ALL faiths is pure undivided LOVE and appreciation of the gift of the physical world for our soul (Intillectual energy) to experience. Jesus Christ the son sacraficed himself in the name of sin, so on a later day of Judgement if you understand the suffering, sacrafice and ressurection you will pull through if you have gone against the basic commandments that he gave. Of course if you're from another faith and have done something terrible then think of Christ's sacrafice. If your from any religion or maybe not any set religion but respect the Intelligence of life and have done nothing wrong, then of course, what is there to worry about.

A few sayings that I have that are not my original words but upadted by myself:

Love Your Intelligence,
Love the Intelligence of Life,
Love the Creator of Intelligence, with all your Heart.

Then the Holy Spirit will follow Naturally.

Of course it is a personal point of view.
Thankyou for your views Brother....Islam tells us that every human being is born free of sins, no one bears any ones weight and nor will be questioned or punished for anyone. We see Jesus as a messenger of Love, Love and Onness of God was what he preached, Peace and Blessings be upon him. The Quran says that He was not crucified on the Cross rather was raised alive,nor does the Bible says that he was crucified on the Cross, It is the church which teaches this. Well whatever it is, May God save us all from Hell. Regards.

Judgement Day

The Truth said:
Actually, as far as i have been taught that, those 'Al-Jahannamiyyion' are bad Muslims whom their bad deeds are much more than the good so God clean them from their sins in hell then after that they will be sank in a special river (i forrgot it's name) so their burned skin would get it's normal look, then they will enter to heaven.
Assalamualaikum, Brother,

Yes thats what Ive been taught as well. The base of my argument is with hadith:

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 575:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
The Prophet said, "Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection), 'O Adam!' Adam will reply, 'Labbaik wa Sa'daik! ' Then a loud Voice will be heard (Saying) 'Allah Commands you to take out the mission of the Hell Fire from your offspring.' " (Sahih Bukhari)

But we arent suppose to judge what Allah can and will do. Remember the story of someone who raped a young woman after she has been buried. She became alive for a split second and talked to the rapist. The rapist ran away crying to Muhammad pbuh and told the story and that he regret. Right away, Muhammad felt disgusted and very angry and told that the place for him is hell and then he sent him away from the house. The rapist got even more sad and cried even louder than before. Allah then told Muhammad pbuh that it is not for Muhammad pbuh to decide a sin or not. Allah will forgive whomever He wants because Allah's mercy is unlimited. Then Muhammad ordered his friends to find that rapist to held prayer together. The rapist died while praying to Allah with a terrifying scream with all his sins forgiven.

Peace and Blessings to you,
JD

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Judgement Day said:
Assalamualaikum, Brother,

Yes thats what Ive been taught as well. The base of my argument is with hadith:

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 575:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
The Prophet said, "Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection), 'O Adam!' Adam will reply, 'Labbaik wa Sa'daik! ' Then a loud Voice will be heard (Saying) 'Allah Commands you to take out the mission of the Hell Fire from your offspring.' " (Sahih Bukhari)

But we arent suppose to judge what Allah can and will do. Remember the story of someone who raped a young woman after she has been buried. She became alive for a split second and talked to the rapist. The rapist ran away crying to Muhammad pbuh and told the story and that he regret. Right away, Muhammad felt disgusted and very angry and told that the place for him is hell and then he sent him away from the house. The rapist got even more sad and cried even louder than before. Allah then told Muhammad pbuh that it is not for Muhammad pbuh to decide a sin or not. Allah will forgive whomever He wants because Allah's mercy is unlimited. Then Muhammad ordered his friends to find that rapist to held prayer together. The rapist died while praying to Allah with a terrifying scream with all his sins forgiven.

Peace and Blessings to you,
JD

Walaikum Assalam brother JD,

Indeed, it's not our right to say what Allah would do and how he will judge people unless we have been told by Allah (s.w.t.) himself whether in Quran or through prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" in Hadiths.

We can claim for sure about speicifc dogams in general because it may conflict with islamic teaching but it's not allowed in islam to claim such a thing about individuals.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Geoffthe3rd said:
So in a way would you compare the prophets to our saints?

The prophets are different from saints. The Prophets are in a higher positions, they have perfect manners and are chosen by God to receive His revelation and teach it to people .Saints, however are followers of Prophets, they receive no revelation from God, they are good pious people who obey God commands

Also do you pray to Muhammad (sp)?
No, we pray to no one but to God alone. It's forbidden in Islam to pray to anybody but to Allah, our Creator. Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him is our Prophet whom we love so dearly and do respect and revere and follow his teaching. We don't worship Him, for there is no one to be worshipped but God the Almighty.

Peace