• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miracles

MonkeyFire

The miracle is to end need, even though it is a need. A need can be abstract, and words change. You don’t fulfill needs, it is something you must have. How is that?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
if someone could actually work miracles, how would that be of service to anyone in need and it isn't fulfilling a need?

matthew 24:24
That person would find lucrative employment in any hospital or with any stockbroker or with any bookmaker or ...

But as Uri Geller showed, you've got be on your toes no matter who makes the claim. Acts apparently performed independently of the rules of reality are a big red warning sign that it's time to get the stewards in.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
there are folks who "believe" in miracles. what relevance does that have with alleviating suffering? with being of service? if i can perform a miracle, like walking on water, what does that benefit anyone; except the one walking on water?

Is it possible that there is more to the "walking on water" than just what you see at the moment? If the purpose of walking on water was just to teach the person the capacity of faith so that later even the shadow of the person alleviated suffering, wouldn't it still have a purpose and the end result in alleviating suffering?

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
if someone could actually work miracles, how would that be of service to anyone in need and it isn't fulfilling a need?

matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Reminds me of fake faith-healers, who have been caught in their lies.