• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Uhmm.. yeah? Why is that a problem? You called me out?
lol, it's ok. no explanation forced from you despite the continual queries from those who don't believe in miracles or God (OR gods) -- not sure what you were called out about -- but that's ok. Each to his own, eh?

YoursTrue

Yup... What's that got to do with anything?

You're being oddly combative tonight....
shrug. You claim to believe in gods or something like that but offer nothing to back it up. Meantime, why bother proving or showing anything, right? you take care...I won't call you obstinate or obtuse -- but could that be so? :) Take care.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
not sure what you were called out about -- but that's ok. Each to his own, eh?

What I meant by "called out", is that in your post #91, you tagged me, with some vague reference to discuss something with Aup.

Now, I'm not really sure why you feel that's necessary. Especially, as I have not been participating in this thread at all before that, and had no intention of doing so.

YoursTrue

Existence of any God or Goddess, one or many, has not been proved. Yeah, I do not believe in existence of any God or Goddes.

Of course, once you believe in God/Gods/Goddesses, then everything is hunky-dory, all things are possible. The stone tablet that God gave to Moses, making Mary pregnant by breathing in, Mohammad and the Iranian being his messengers, elephant or monkey faced Gods, churning of the ocean, universal flood, souls and Satan, heaven and hell, deliverance and punishment, rebirth and resurrection, and what not. The list is unending.
If I thought everything is good or fine re: religion, I'd also feel that I could go along with anything that any religious person says. (But I don't.)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If I thought everything is good or fine re: religion, I'd also feel that I could go along with anything that any religious person says. (But I don't.)

All Religions are differing paths up the same mountain.

In the end we all reach the summit.

YoursTrue

Prove that they exist. Since you seem so intent on me proving mine. Didn't realize I was being that obtuse
All I asked you was (more or less) what gods are you talking about. And you got in a ball not wanting to answer. I can understand that, quite frankly. So -- without taking too long, I'll just hope for the best and be well. :)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
raw.png

Sheldon

Veteran Member
You know what is interesting is that Jesus' opposers did not see him after his resurrection. Yes I find that interesting and relevant to your thought about miracles.

Well firstly you have no objective evidence of what anyone saw or did not see. Secondly there is no evidence for any resurrection, only hearsay claims in anonymous gospels. Lastly you need to tell us why you find my disbelief in fallacious appeals to mystery interesting, in light of this unevidenced hearsay in the gospels?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
The account in the Bible is not good enough because there is no support for it. There is no way to check that what the Bible says is true.

Indeed, and solid reasons to be dubious, since it hails anonymously from an epoch of superstitious credulity and ignorance, and makes claims that are falsified by known natural and scientific laws.

Instead of bending every sinew of their intellect, to make what little facts we have fit the belief, one should start from a position of incredulity and scepticism that matches such extraordinary claims, and move from that position if and only if, sufficient objective evidence is demonstrated to justify it.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Just like you figure that the difference of genes between gorillas and humans is just somehow missing...:)

I have no idea what that means, but is the clearest use of whataboutism I've seen.

Why do theists think their beliefs can be propped up by attacking or denigrating other beliefs? A belief stands only on its own merits, or at least it should.