• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Minority Report is coming to the UK with pre crime intervention policy in the works.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Exclusive: UK police wants AI to stop violent crime before it happens

Britain Is Developing an AI-Powered Predictive Policing System

I hear it's being tested presently with West Midlands police.

It takes profiling up the next rung on the ladder. It kind of reminds me of New York's random stop and frisk policy, but this one comes across as being much much more nefarious and oppressive.

It's called the National Data Analytics Solution. An AI policing system.

Any Thoughts as to what this means for the UK, or for that matter, what does it mean for the rest of the Free World?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm starting to fall in love with my police state.

It's all I can do.

Twilight Hue

I'm starting to fall in love with my police state.

It's all I can do.
I can just imagine sitting down for dinner and then hearing a knock at the door with some stranger looking like Agent Smith stating, "I'd like to talk to you about the crime you're about to commit".

Cooky

Veteran Member
Seems like a silly thing to do. I doubt it could work.

...The saddest part of it all, is that some software salesman pitched this to the police, and they were dumb enough to fall for it.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Looks to me like the law enforcement agency, in the UK, may also have too big of a budget.

Maybe try cutting taxes and see if that helps them end wasteful spending.

Twilight Hue

Seems like a silly thing to do. I doubt it could work.

...The saddest part of it all, is that some software salesman pitched this to the police, and they were dumb enough to fall for it.
I tend to think the world is pretty much headed in that direction given how algorithms and AI are becoming more integrated with ever-increasing roles.

It used to be the trick of catching the criminal in the act itself to where it's now seemingly focused on catching people before they do a criminal act.

If the UK is doing it, it's probably just a matter of time before Canada starts, and then eventually the US.

I think the age of algorithms and AI have just gained another major foothold into a world that's probably going to look really really alien to us in the moderate to far future in terms of population management and control.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I tend to think the world is pretty much headed in that direction given how algorithms and AI are becoming more integrated with ever-increasing roles.

It used to be the trick of catching the criminal in the act itself to where it's now seemingly focused on catching people before they do a criminal act.

If the UK is doing it, it's probably just a matter of time before Canada starts, and then eventually the US.

I think the age of algorithms and AI have just gained another major foothold into a world that's probably going to look really really alien to us in the moderate to far future in terms of population management and control.

This really is true what you say... Some people don't realize that the Chinese are targeting and stalking governments all over the world as potential consumers for their cutting edge electronics... But not the type of electronics any freedom loving people would ever want anything to do with...

Most likely this AI software from the OP is coming from China as well. Just like the electronic tracking ID cards the Chinese have been peddling.

Venezuela is rolling out a new ID card manufactured in China that can track, reward, and punish citizens

Last edited by a moderator:

HonestJoe

Any Thoughts as to what this means for the UK, or for that matter, what does it mean for the rest of the Free World?
As reported it doesn’t strike me as any major concern. It’s just an extension of existing efforts to provide support service to people (potential offenders or victims) before crime happens. This is a tool to try to better identify those people who might need that support. There are always legitimate questions to ask about anything using personal data like this but that doesn’t make it implicitly bad.

Cooky

Veteran Member
As reported it doesn’t strike me as any major concern. It’s just an extension of existing efforts to provide support service to people (potential offenders or victims) before crime happens. This is a tool to try to better identify those people who might need that support. There are always legitimate questions to ask about anything using personal data like this but that doesn’t make it implicitly bad.

So It's money well spent in your opinion?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Looks to me like the law enforcement agency, in the UK, may also have too big of a budget.

That is a position that no police force would agree with. They are under resourced, under funded, and under staffed. I am guessing any edge they can get to help even the playing field is grabbed at with willing arms.

Cooky

Veteran Member
That is a position that no police force would agree with. They are under resourced, under funded, and under staffed. I am guessing any edge they can get to help even the playing field is grabbed at with willing arms.

All police forces in the world are? Wow, good to know that fact!

ChristineM

Premium Member
All police forces in the world are? Wow, good to know that fact!

We were discussing police forces in the uk, did you forget what you wrote? Let me remind you

Quote "Looks to me like the law enforcement agency, in the UK, may also have too big of a budget.

Maybe try cutting taxes and see if that helps them end wasteful spending"

Cooky

Veteran Member
We were discussing police forces in the uk, did you forget what you wrote? Let me remind you

Quote "Looks to me like the law enforcement agency, in the UK, may also have too big of a budget.

Maybe try cutting taxes and see if that helps them end wasteful spending"

Yeah, but you said no police force. It looked like you widened the brush.

Twilight Hue

Big Brother is watching
George Orwell has already become a reality. Dystopia is next.

I really think the Free World is incrementally dying with advances in technology that places tighter grip and control like it has never before. It's a strange and eerie feeling paradox.

Our lives are better than it ever has been before, yet we are still so much worse off now then ever in the past.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yeah, but you said no police force. It looked like you widened the brush.

I was replying to your post about UK police, on a thread dedicated to UK police. I was not aware i had to spell it out for you that i was not talking about their Saudi police force or any other police force other than the UK police force