• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Minister writes "sex book" using the **** word

DandyAndy

I just think it's pretty bland all round that this guy writes a book that is supposedly risque yet in no way challenges the pre-marital sex ban.

sounds like a tonic for bored , guilty married Christians.

Or a book for Christians that have been brainwashed that sex is 'evil' and you should never enjoy it in the proper context.

Clearly I haven't read it but anything that agrees with scripture and shakes Christians out the stupors that we can be lulled into by guilt, shame or fear is a good thing in my book.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just think it's pretty bland all round that this guy writes a book that is supposedly risque yet in no way challenges the pre-marital sex ban.

sounds like a tonic for bored , guilty married Christians.
It seems to be more of a book that let's Christian couples who are in a good relationship know it's ok to shake things up and try new things. Many Christians though have not been taught much beyond sex for procreation, and have no idea of the many different ways to be sexually stimulated, the function and purpose of sexual organs, and all the different things you can do.

nnmartin

there is no where in the Bible to my knowledge that restricts sex to procreation only status.

anyone know of any quotes that refute this?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
there is no where in the Bible to my knowledge that restricts sex to procreation only status.

anyone know of any quotes that refute this?
To my knowledge it's not there. But many hold the view and it has been alive for a very long time. St. Augustine even believed God should have came up with a better method of procreation that did not involve sexual intercourse.
But I think one of the views that is used to restrict sex to procreation goes that Adam and Eve, after eating the fruit, covered their bodies because they saw the sinful state of their nakedness. And the commandments of being fruitful and multiplying, and for a man to not spill his seed. But other than that I do not think there is any passage that does forbid having sex solely for pleasure.

nnmartin

I can see total abstinence as a lofty ideal for an ascetic monk or for one aiming for total purity and love of God but not for the general population.

It's just not practical and obviously would harm the species.