• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Military Romance Scams

Riders

I know I have some of this under my dating scam thread but this is new, there's a new article out about it. A woman widow got scammed out of 45 thousand dollars though the military romance scams.

It has gotten so out of control the Military is actually putting up warning posts and articles on their web site and are investigating a few different people for this. The Military is actually investigating this? Is it that bad?

This was a widow woman. They did not show her face let me up the video with this.

Romance scam uses military photos to fool widow

Again, mostly military men do not use dating sites, they d not need to they have military women they date. Military men like Military women. If not they only date those who can keep with a hard fit young lifestyle, if you not a hard fir young lady they're not gonna date you.

I almost got taken in by it and hey who doesn't want to date you know a big strong man who can protect you? But I realized pretty early on a Military guy would not be interested in me. Military guys need military women, they are not going to get on dating sites mostly for the most part.

There might be one or 2 here and there but mostly when you see military profiles they are hoaxes. LOL Military guys don't need a dating web site!

But to me it is all about love addiction for some of us and a feeling of being safe and stable.

To me it is like the whole thing I saw on Beverly Hills 90210 , that is an old soap opera from the 1990s LOl, but there is an episode where a girl named Emily Valentine went psycho on Brandon one of the main characters on the show, she went psycho on trying to make him date her after she drugged him when he didn't know it.

Do not get offended if you were taken by this con I am not comparing people who do to some psycho, I am talking about Andrea said afterwards about Emily, I think it is true about a lot of women who are not obsessed and are not psycho.

I would say it is true of me and this is in part why i go to my 12 step program for sex and love addiction, it is a love addiction thing for me to look towards men to be my boyfriend and help me feel stable. Military men are known for being family man, they fight for their country so we assume they are good and moral even if they might not be.

We also assume they are strong and can protect us because they know how to use a gun etc, people have also stereotyped them as being conservative and Christian or religious and good. I think it is a stereotype and not always true.
I have seen specials about military men who come back messed up with Ptsd from fighting and have drug and alcohol addictions.

But women to some degree are brainwashed for the fairy tale, a white knight on a white horse will come and rescue us from our situation and take us away, and I think many women see military men as the white knight.

It is just a stereotype. I want to be free from that one ay, but I do admit i still tend to myself go back and think about the idea that having a boyfriend would give me a family life and some stabilization. But it is nott he answer.

Riders

The Military scam in America is so huge and big we have tons of women throwing themselves at what they think are military men to get married and giving all their money away for fantasy and no one has anything to say? Well I do, why is it that they are not wasting their money on Heroin or Meth instead?

They as might as well be. The conservatives are promoting the false sense of reality, Military men are Gods, not people. That is how they treat it and they worship the military like they do Trump and get surprised when our women throw themselves away and give all their life savings up .throwing themselves at Military men because they think the military man will ride up on his white horse and solve all their problems. That is sad!

That is pathetic but it doesn't surprise me that conservative women think that a Military man will save her and solve all her problems,!That is what the church teaches marriage is the answer!

To me it is a big fantasy whew Prince charming, my white knight is gonna ride up in the desert as The Stones say on a fine Arab charger!WHew and carry me away from all my problems!!!!!!!!!!!

They think the Military is God, this i what you have with a country who teaches that the Military is God and Trump is God, and marriage can solve everything, a country full of women throwing themselves at Military men throwing their whole lives away for a Military man!

That is some fantasy world they have going, why not do drugs instead? Sorry, that is mean, but I really think no one will want to talk about this even though it was all over the news because this is just a part of the stereotype conservatives have created about the Military I really see it that way.

The Military is God well no wonder we have tons of women throwing themselves and their lives savings away trying to marry Military men!

Riders

I apologize, i went off the rails last night about this. It was late and I was a bit too tired to be writing. I just can not believe women have this fantasy so bad about having a marriage and being married to a Military man that this whole scam has gotten so out of control. A lot of women fall for it.

I do think conservative Christians tend to paint a picture of the military being conservative and a family type atmosphere that is not realistic at all. But the conservative Christian movement is not to blame for this, I am sure they don't want their women being scammed.

But I think to put it in perspective, they do add to the stereotype being out there about Military men being conservative and Christian.

First place there are plenty of gay men in the Military so I highly doubt that all Military men are conservative Republican Christians.

It is a stereotype. Does the military require people to say they have asked Jesus into their hearts when they sign on?
I kind of doubt it. I do not believe they are all Christian. Being in the military does not make you good, many people sign up I am sure for the money training and getting free college which there is nothing wrong with.

But I do not believe men just sign up because they are good guys. These women who look to date military men quite often assume they are good. The military does not make you good.

I have seen quite a few intervention episodes where someone who came back from war as a military person and had become a meth addict because they had developed PTSD. There are many who turn to drugs and alcohol. They are just human beings, not Gods.

But I do think quite often conservatives paint the picture of military folks being Gods too.

It was mean of me to say these women might as well be doing drugs,

However, what I meant by that is that if you're going to be conned out of thousands of dollars of money for a fantasy about marriage that does not exist you must be having an intense fantasy. It would seem like for the money you have spent on the fantasy which will not come true you might as well spend it on drugs getting high because the amount of money they spend could be very well spent on getting high.

So maybe I should put this up in politics, what is your opinion on the Military? What should be done about this scam?