• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Migrant Children Holding Facilities Reopen

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I'm glad that so many conservatives on this forum are starting to become opposed to these horrific camps.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
The children are being seperated from the parents by the parents.
This is what you get with a dufus mandating border security.
Report: 117% increase in children 12 and younger crossing border alone
Please explain what is to be done with those children.
Got an idea.......have all of those that see dufus's border policy as right take them in.
How many do you plan to personlly support (out of your pocket, not with our tax money)
I'm confused by this post. Are you supporting or opposing the US government detaining migrants in camps?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Look at who's in charge that caused this to be reported.
Yes, a Democrat, but you should look at what the right is reporting as opposed to what is actually going on. The OP had one fairly decent source that he listed. The Hill is right leaning but it is very accurate in its reporting. Though do not make an equivalence to what Trump did, they only acknowledged that the right is making this claim.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I am supporting the detainment of anyone crossing into this country without legal documentation.
So you actually disagree with the critical voices you linked to in your opening post?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
"Illegal immigrant" is not used legally in this country to refer to those seeking refuge because we do have legal provisions for refugee status per our federal law and also international law.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Is it even illegal to travel to the US without papers? I'm wondering if Canadian tourists or border-crossing commuters are being detained routinely in specialized camps for failing to provide proper documentation.

esmith

Veteran Member
Is it even illegal to travel to the US without papers? I'm wondering if Canadian tourists or border-crossing commuters are being detained routinely in specialized camps for failing to provide proper documentation.
You have to have documentation to enter this country legally, even if you are an U.S. citizen.
But I forgive you for not understanding the law.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
NO. What I disagee with is the media giving the Biden administration a pass.
You linked a score of media sites in your opening post that aren't "giving the Biden administration a pass", including one piece quoting a very prominent figure on the political left (AOC).

That said, why would you have a problem with Biden being given a pass here?
You said above that you support putting children in detention camps if they're "without legal documents".

Did you misspeak there? Or were you talking about something entirely different than in your opening post to this thread?

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
You have to have documentation to enter this country legally, even if you are an U.S. citizen.
But I forgive you for not understanding the law.
So how many Canadians are, on average, being put in detention camps every year in the US?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Simple they are illegal alians, not immigrants.
I tend to give kids a pass on that one. They don't have a choice in the matter. I might not use iillegal but I'd say displaced might be a better term for the kids. Adults of course need to be called for what it is. Illegal.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I tend to give kids a pass on that one. They don't have a choice in the matter. I might not use iillegal but I'd say displaced might be a better term for the kids. Adults of course need to be called for what it is. Illegal.
Adults can be displaced. In fact that's what refugees can also be called - "displaced persons".

Do you not believe that adults can find themselves in situations where they are forced to act in certain ways?