• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Migraines vs. Allergies

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I also haven't had an allergic butt, nor migraines of the butt, but I have had hemorrhoids, which are a pain in the butt - but not too bad.

I've had hemorrhoids to the point of needing surgery.

My main advice: if you aren't sure you need hemorrhoid surgery, you don't. If you need it, you will have no doubts about needing it. The recovery was two weeks of awfulness. But it worked.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Allergies last longer, but are far less severe on the pain scale. Yes, an acute attack can be lethal, but the pain level is minor.
Respectfully it is easy for people without allergy symptoms to downplay the immense suffering of allergy sufferers. We have real symptoms that take up space and have mass, and we are not just crying or pretending to sneeze or wheezing in pleasure. Our poor heads fill up with pressure and try to force our eyeballs out.

People don't die directly from migraines, but don't underestimate their pain level. my wife has given birth twice and says that she would far rather go through that than have one of her bad migraines (in regard to pain).
For some women childbirth is easier than it is for others though I don't envy them the 9 months of biological and psychological transformations and worry. One lady I know had twins accidentally when she sat down to pee. That never happens to men, but we do get allergies. That is much worse perhaps. Anyways most women get cesareans and get numbed spines in hospitals, none of that barbaric stuff that used to happen.

if you want to tell my wife her suffering is a minor thing, go ahead. But you take your life in your hands if you do. I'm *certainly* not going there. I have seen her suffer way too much to minimize her pain.
Since I don't have a wife I have no idea what you are talking about. Marriage is blissful and is about harmony between two perfectly matched people. Endless bliss.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Dukkha is the truth of suffering that everyone hurts but also that pain is due to attachment and not real. While this concept begins with Buddhism it is also a verifiable psychological truth. Why only focus upon the pain in one's head? That sounds like an unhealthy attachment.

It just depends on which part hurts the most at any given time. They say if you have a headache, you can hit your foot with a hammer, at which point your foot will hurt more. Then you won't have to think about the headache anymore, since you'll be focused on the hurt foot.

I've never actually tried that, though, so I can't confirm if it actually works.

You were attached to your tooth, but giving up your tooth freed you from the associated pain.

Sometimes, although thanks to root canals, I can get rid of the infection and pain - and still keep the tooth.

Getting rid of the hemorrhoids frees us from the Dukkha.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Respectfully it is easy for people without allergy symptoms to downplay the immense suffering of allergy sufferers. We have real symptoms that take up space and have mass, and we are not just crying or pretending to sneeze or wheezing in pleasure. Our poor heads fill up with pressure and try to force our eyeballs out.

Like I said, i am well aware of allergy symptoms. I almost died from asthma several times. I also had eczema to the point I bled in bed every night and my face was swollen to the point that I scared children at the store (true story).

But in terms of raw pain, i would still not trade the migraines for what I went through. Those headaches are debilitating in a way that allergies simply are not.

For some women childbirth is easier than it is for others though I don't envy them the 9 months of biological and psychological transformations and worry. One lady I know had twins accidentally when she sat down to pee. That never happens to men, but we do get allergies. That is much worse perhaps. Anyways most women get cesareans and get numbed spines in hospitals, none of that barbaric stuff that used to happen.

Since I don't have a wife I have no idea what you are talking about. Marriage is blissful and is about harmony between two perfectly matched people. Endless bliss.

I've learned not to trivialize the pain others experience.