• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael J. Fox

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I saw a billboard recently with Michael J. Fox on it. It said "Determined to outfox Parkinson's." I got to thinking about something though. For a famous person he sure isn't making a bunch of waves about his disease. He doesn't seem to be trying to get the pity of his fans or anything like that. I know some of you may be too young to remember some of his best stuff, but he was a pretty good actor before Parkinson's. I think it is awesome that he is not exploiting his disease. He is just doing what he has to do to try and beat it.

What are your thoughts on this?

KatNotKathy

Of all the people who could have been the public face of Parkinson's, Michael J. Fox has been doing a pretty nice job. He was before my time, but his more current work as an advocate for stem cell research is much appreciated.