1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Flynn says Covid was created by ‘global elites’

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by ecco, Nov 25, 2021 at 9:46 AM.

1. mangalavara

mangalavara Verified Account ✔
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +941
    Religion:
    Hindu
    Yes, I know. :)

2. F1fan

F1fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,275
    Religion:
    Buddhist
    We are aware of the Republican platform, and that it is immoral and inhumane.

That sounds like it is a product that many can't afford, thus still bankrupting many people and families.

You don't even suggest pricing that reflects what a person can afford, like a person making only 20K a year will be charged $30 for an ER visit while a multimillionaire can have insurance that is charged $30,000 for the same visit. This makes it affordable and accessible to all. Need cancer treatment? You are charged what you can afford. A millionaire might have insurance that covers a million bucks. Of course the insurance rate will be adjusted to what a person can afford, so no same rate for a mom and dad making $110 combined income to a hedge fund manager pulling in 30 million a year.

I don't know why republicans can't come up with fair and equitable ideas like this.

Of course with guys like trump and Besos, who claimed an income of 8K to avoid income tax, that aint going to fly. He's have to pay a billionaire rate because that is his net worth. No more cheating by the wealthy.

Your thoughts?

3. Twilight Hue

Twilight Hue Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Ratings:
    +16,945
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    My thoughts are nobody is going to do anything about it.

Sure the talk is there, honey and sweet, but the action isn't and I think it's on purpose.

4. lewisnotmiller

lewisnotmiller Grand Hat
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14,949
    Religion:
    atheist
    Certainly not in America, anyway. You guys get ripped.

5. Twilight Hue

Ratings:
    +16,945
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    It's because personal careers and blind self serving ambitions get in the way of creating good policy.

6. We Never Know

We Never Know Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,467
    Religion:
    It exists
    Honestly part of me believes covid was man made. I base that on how they came up with a vaccine so quick.
    If they created it, they are already familure with it, how it was made, how it works, how it acts, what can treat it, etc...and being they are already familure with it, they can quickly create a vaccine for it(which was probably already researched if it was man created). But thats my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Twilight Hue

Ratings:
    +16,945
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    I'm certainly a capitalist. Just not runaway predatory capitalism.

In cases of healthcare I think pricing at cost break even would be fair considering it's an essential need.

Nobody loses because compensation and benefit is still provided.

8. InChrist

InChrist Free4ever

Ratings:
    +2,071
    It’s not free market when the government is in collusion with corporations (i.e. pharmaceutical companies) for control and profit, it’s crony capitalism or corporatism.

9. Lain

Lain An Intervallic Time Traveler

Ratings:
    +752
    Religion:
    Catholic Christianity [Trotatarian]
    Honestly I thought COVID being a lab leak was the mainstream theory for many ages because I don't read/watch the news or hang around other people. I still basically think that's the case. Last I checked it had become common to say there was evidence for it. All my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Twilight Hue

Ratings:
    +16,945
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    It's peculiar on how covid started as akin to a gunshot, prompting free world governments to systematically start destroying their own infrastructure in eerie unison under the premise of health and safety.

11. lewisnotmiller

lewisnotmiller Grand Hat
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14,949
    Religion:
    atheist
    Yeah, but we have that issue here too. I'm honestly somewhat baffled how the US healthcare system seems to deliver so little relative to the monumental level of spending.

12. We Never Know

We Never Know Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,467
    Religion:
    It exists
    Because in the US money rules. Its all about profits. Overcharge so they can get richer is the policy.

13. Twilight Hue

Ratings:
    +16,945
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    It's why I keep repeating for people to follow the money. Track where it actually goes or dissappears.

14. Mock Turtle

Mock Turtle Silent Generation - so don't expect much
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,985
    Religion:
    Fellowship of the Mutable (agnostic atheist)
    I think this particular conspiracy theory should be discounted - the time taken to get vaccines - since the effort required has been likened to that necessary to get a viable nuclear weapon during WWII, and being applied to many more nations and their resources.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Valjean

Valjean Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14,729
    Religion:
    Vedanta (reform)
    Several pharmaceutical companies are making money on this, and preventing smaller companies and certain governments from making vaccines more widespread and inexpensive, but I don't see how the infection itself could have been planned and created as a marketing device before there was any capacity to produce a vaccine by a particular company, nor any assurance one could be produced, nor any assurance one would not first be produced by a marketing rival.

So yes, it's a money maker for some, but not because of any conspiracy, just business as usual capitalism.

#35 Valjean, Nov 27, 2021 at 3:40 AM
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021 at 4:21 AM
  16. Valjean

Valjean Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14,729
    Religion:
    Vedanta (reform)
    Had a mask company had any knowledge of the coming pandemic, it would have had supplies, machines, personnel and distribution facilities ready to go, at the outset of the pandemic. As it was, there were worldwide shortages and no company managed to corner the market.
    Yes, Big Pharma is making money on this, but there's no indication it planned or created the market. It just took advantage of a lucrative opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  17. exchemist

exchemist Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +13,552
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    Government is not "in collusion" with pharma corporations for control and profit. That's just mad.

Governments have certainly worked with pharmaceutical companies to develop the vaccines for Covid 19. For example the UK government did procurement deals with several companies, very early on in the pandemic, by which they promised to buy a certain number of millions of doses, regardless of whether the vaccines worked or not. That was a highly intelligent step to take, as it removed the commercial risk on the money the companies had to invest in the development. Without that, the companies would have been slower to develop the vaccines and some might well have judged the risk to be too great, so we would have had fewer vaccines available. Furthermore, it meant the UK was first in the queue to get supplies.

In the case of AstraZeneca, they did a deal with Oxford University (which is government funded of course) to make a vaccine developed by the Jenner Institute at the university. Part of the deal was that AstraZeneca would supply a first tranche of vaccines at cost, i.e.on a non-profit basis, and to supply developing countries on this basis indefinitely. As a result the AstraZeneca vaccine is a lot cheaper than most of the others.

None of this is "collusion", nor is any of it anything to do with "control" of anyone or anything - apart from the damned virus - nor is there any profit made by governments out of this.

The pharmaceutical companies do of course make a profit from supplying vaccines, because that is how drug companies work in a market economy. If you prefer a communist system, in which drug manufacturers make no profit and wait to be told what to do by government, try North Korea. :D

• Like Like x 2
  18. Valjean

Valjean Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14,729
    Religion:
    Vedanta (reform)
    ...like vaccine formulas were back before runaway, free-market capitalism took off?
    The Horror! :eek:

19. exchemist

exchemist Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +13,552
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    That's ridiculous. The virus appeared in China but the first vaccines came not from China but from Europe (Germany and the UK) and the US. The Chinese were quick to sequence the virus and share the information in full, which is what enabled this to happen. What everyone was able to build on was knowledge of the previous SARS and MERS coronaviruses, around which quite a lot of research had been done..............precisely because of awareness that there could be another similar virus one day. .

All of this is well documented and in the public domain.

#39 exchemist, Nov 27, 2021 at 3:53 AM
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021 at 6:19 AM
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. exchemist

exchemist Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +13,552
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    When was this and who made vaccines on a non profit basis?