• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MI Courts: OK If Wheel Falls Off Car

Shadow11

I read the story and it sounds like the dealership was worried about the injury claim and the only way to fight it was to bring it to a hysterical level that all mistakes made by mechanics would be sue-able.But every other place would admit their mistake and make the proper repairs these guys are an exception and went to extreme lengths to get away from the injury claim.They seemed obsessed with not paying it. Most mistakes don't lead to injuries and if they do you should be able to sue . That the judges could not see what was going on shows their incompetence. The case should of been thrown out they used the law as it was not meant to be used to weasel out of an injury claim..

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I read the story and it sounds like the dealership was worried about the injury claim and the only way to fight it was to bring it to a hysterical level that all mistakes made by mechanics would be sue-able.But every other place would admit their mistake and make the proper repairs these guys are an exception and went to extreme lengths to get away from the injury claim.They seemed obsessed with not paying it. Most mistakes don't lead to injuries and if they do you should be able to sue . That the judges could not see what was going on shows their incompetence. The case should of been thrown out they used the law as it was not meant to be used to weasel out of an injury claim..
Some concepts elude people....
- Do good work.
- Own up to mistakes.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What lies?

What was said during confirmation hearings was my point. Supreme Court justices on abortion, during confirmation and from the bench is the article that was in my mind.

For example Clarence Thomas said the following and everything since then convinces me that he had a personal opinion during his confirmation hearing but lied about it.

“Do I have this day an opinion, a personal opinion on the outcome in Roe v. Wade? And my answer to you is that I do not.”

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
What was said during confirmation hearings was my point. Supreme Court justices on abortion, during confirmation and from the bench is the article that was in my mind.

For example Clarence Thomas said the following and everything since then convinces me that he had a personal opinion during his confirmation hearing but lied about it.

“Do I have this day an opinion, a personal opinion on the outcome in Roe v. Wade? And my answer to you is that I do not.”
But that is always within the context of "what is known" at that moment. Even slavery was "status quo" for years, but was redressed as time goes on. What was known at the time of the decision of Roe vs Wade may have been limited (such as when is pain felt).

So, new arguments, new decision based on what is now current.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Summary....
Get your tires rotated on your car? They didn't fasten a wheel,
so it fell off causing injury & damage? Court rules that "performing"
a job on a car is achieved by starting the job, not completing it.
There is no duty to fasten the wheels to the car...or to finish any
job on a motor vehicle.

On the plus side, the court ruled entirely in violation of Michigan
law, so this might be re-visited after enuf really bad plublicity.
Ref...
Court: Tightened lug nuts not guaranteed in tire rotation
Excerpted...

I had this happen once, though I was able to recognize what was happening before the wheels came off.

The mechanic was really good about it and didn't charge me for a new set of lugnuts. :D

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But that is always within the context of "what is known" at that moment. Even slavery was "status quo" for years, but was redressed as time goes on. What was known at the time of the decision of Roe vs Wade may have been limited (such as when is pain felt).

So, new arguments, new decision based on what is now current.
Is pain the sine qua non of moral obligation?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
While interesting, Roe v Wade arguments don't
relate to the OP or the forum (Consumer Affairs).
Yup. I hate taking my car to a mechanic.
And egregious derailments to bring divisive politics of something we should all agree on. You **** up you work and you fix it. The judge must have been on seriously wonky drugs to think this is supposed to work any other way.
The abortion debates in this thread need an abortion.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yup. I hate taking my car to a mechanic.
And egregious derailments to bring divisive politics of something we should all agree on. You **** up you work and you fix it. The judge must have been on seriously wonky drugs to think this is supposed to work any other way.
The abortion debates in this thread need an abortion.
The case was actually decided by an appeals court, which
had a panel of judges. And then it was upheld by the MI
Supreme Court. So this was either systemic stupidity &/or
corruption, rather than an errant individual.

Last edited: