• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Methodist installed in Roman Catholic Church

SirKnight1788

ChosenKnight
"The President-elect of the Methodist Church - the Rev Roy Cooper - will make history this evening when he is installed in a Catholic church in Cork."

(Belfast Telegraph)

''My installation in the Church of the Incarnation will be the first time that a Methodist President anywhere in the world will be installed in a Roman Catholic Church,'' the Rev Cooper told the Belfast Telegraph". (Belfast Telegraph)

What do you Methodists on this forum think of this. Does this go against the methodist church?

Snow_Owl

I would assume so, you have to go through a lot of work to even be considered a full-fledged Catholic let alone "installed" which quite frankly, I don't know what they even mean by that so maybe I shouldn't even be commenting on the matter lol.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I would assume so, you have to go through a lot of work to even be considered a full-fledged Catholic let alone "installed" which quite frankly, I don't know what they even mean by that so maybe I shouldn't even be commenting on the matter lol.
I assume that by "installed", the OP means that he'll be inaugurated as President of the Methodist Church, but the ceremony will happen in a Catholic church.

Still, though, the wording "installed in a Catholic Church" makes it sound to me like they're planning to shove him in between the furnace and the hot water heater. :D