• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Messianic Judaism Definition?

Riders

My sister goes to a Christian Jewish church and says its Messianic Judaism. Could you give me the definition of Messianic Judaism. Does this section cover Christian Judiasm or just Judaism?

My sister goes to a Christian Jewish church and says its Messianic Judaism. Could you give me the definition of Messianic Judaism. Does this section cover Christian Judiasm or just Judaism?

Messianic Jews are Christian converts from Judaism who want to retain Jewish styles and practices.

Riders

That's one explanation but not true with my sisters church. My sister and her church, none of them were Jews in the beginning, she was raised Christian.

Ben Avraham

The real definition of the real "Messianic Judaism" is to agree with the collective concept of Messiah. Therefore, a Messianic Jew is the Jew who agrees with the fact that Israel is the Messiah. Where in the Tanach we find the evidence that Israel is the Messiah? In Habakkuk 3:13. "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save the Anointed One." That what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the Son of God. (Exodus 4:22,23)

Ben Avraham

Messianic Jews are Christian converts from Judaism who want to retain Jewish styles and practices.

It reminds me of the struggle Prophet Elijah was undergoing with the "Jews-for-Baal" of his time. (I Kings 18:21) Elijah said that they were straddling the issue between HaShem and Baal. They insisted on holding unto the Jewish identity while living as a Baal worshiper. Since they would not listen to Elijah, this took them down to the valley of Kishon and executed 800 of them down there. (I Kings 18:40)

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Unfortunate you feel that way, Ben, since Messianic Jews use Torahs, Rabbis et al and meet on Friday for Shabbat services, etc.

This is how you feel is Baalic and requires cold execution? Don't hate your own people.